• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glazert

Great. I have been looking forward to this for weeks. I'll only find out which new features I like best when I have had a chance to try them all out, but the RH4-RH6s transition and the acceleration/deceleration lane ideas look to be very useful. Thanks.

socomseal45

are the MIS supposed to be with this release? If so, I only have about three or four different things with the modular button
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into 
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Lollo

Well, MIS is included in the current version...  :P

Just a side note for Tarkus: I think you forgot to update the "What is the MIS" section of the top post of the thread, since it shows this up:
QuoteMIS stands for Modular Interchange System.  It is not available in the current version (v13b), but is in development and will be included in the next release (v20).  

Then a question of mine... Have you planned to release a texture fix for the different textures in puzzle pieces or will we have to wait v21 for perfection? If I remember correctly Tarkus said Rickmastfan was going to edit them, but I didn't understand in which way you are going to release them.
How are you going to improve this mod? It is so great that I cannot imagine any way...

Keep an eye on the Lair!

dyoungyn

How do I get the RHW to show up in the Transportation view of the Region view?  I absolutely love the RHW but really want it to show up in the transportation view to get the maximum use out of it.

dyoungyn

figui

dyoungyn: i think it's not possible &mmm

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

metasmurf

It is possible if you use the drawpath cheat

BigSlark

Quote from: Lollo link=topic=990.msg104258#msg104258 date=1199287907
How are you going to improve this mod? It is so great that I cannot imagine any way...
/quote]

Think wider RHW, Elevated RHW, and Elevated MIS... ;D

Cheers,
Kevin

Lollo

Keep an eye on the Lair!

Kitsune

Quote from: BigSlark on January 02, 2008, 12:05:55 PM
[quote author=Lollo link=topic=990.msg104258#msg104258 date=1199287907

Think wider RHW, Elevated RHW, and Elevated MIS... ;D

Cheers,
Kevin

Great, cause Flyovers are really what is missing right now - and of course elevated RHW pieces.
~ NAM Team Member

JoeST

WOW its amazing... but are there supposed to be pedestrian paths on RHW2? if so then great.. but really??? and I have noticed that i can create neighbourhood connections, is it just that they are non-functional, it created it between tiles fine

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Ennedi

Sorry for going off topic (or maybe not?...)

I didn't play with RHW for some time and I was surprised a few days ago when I noticed that RHW (v13) is not visible in the regional transport view.
But I was even more surprised a few weeks earlier when I saw both Chrisadams' paths and SFBT Asphaltwege in the transport view - and these are not "real" networks!
So, maybe there is any chance to fix it in future?  ;)

Here is my little test network, I add a highway on the left and road on the right to make orientation easier in the regional view.
You can also see Chrisadams' paths above the RHW and Asphaltwege at the bottom.

And here is the transport view from Region Census (sorry for bad quality, it's a medium city tile, I should make more paths...)

The RHW is invisible, but you can see both paths  &Thk/(

At the end - congratulations, I'm playing with the MIS now and I like it  :D

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

dyoungyn

metasmurf

What is the drawpath cheat?

dyoungyn

JoeST

the drawpath cheat is an "overlay" created by Buggi with his ExtraCheats DLL available at Simtropolis Here. It essentially shows you what paths different transport types can take

EDIT: looks like my 500th post  thanks Warrior
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

icfan

Bowing, Bowing, Bowing, and more Bowing!  This is excellent, I have been following since it was on STP, you guys amaze me.  I want to taknk you all for your hard work.   &apls &apls

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Thanks for all the feedback and kind words about the new version.  I'm thrilled to see that everyone is enjoying it. :)

At any rate, the Mac version is now available on the LEX [link].  My apologies for any inconvenience for the Mac users.

We are already getting going on RHW v21, which will expand upon the new features included in RHW v20.  Now that the initial groundwork has been laid for the MIS and the Wider RHWs, it will be easier for us to create more MIS Ramp Interfaces, and get going on producing more RHW variants, like the RHW-8 and 10, as well as the Elevated RHW and MIS, which Kevin (BigSlark) alluded to.  Keep watching this space. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus) 

Hamish

I tried your idea of re-installing the NAM to no avail. It still did not work.

So I tried taking out all the other plug-ins and it, finally, worked!

And I have to say that the new features are amazing.

So I will now have to search through my Plug-ins to find the conflicting one.
<center></center>

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Lollo on January 02, 2008, 07:31:47 AM
Then a question of mine... Have you planned to release a texture fix for the different textures in puzzle pieces or will we have to wait v21 for perfection? If I remember correctly Tarkus said Rickmastfan was going to edit them, but I didn't understand in which way you are going to release them.

I will be upgrading all of the MIS pieces plus the new transition pieces.  But it just takes time.  My main focus for v20 was to get the RHW-2 setup upgraded to work the best possible, plus add a few RHW-4 stuff (like the RHW-4/RD intersections) and the basic RHW-6S straight pieces.

Now, I might release a "working" patch for some of the textures once I get them completed.  However, Daytona Nextel Cup testing is coming up as well as the Daytona 500 and I'll be down there and have very little to no time in the next two months to work on textures.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Kitsune

How about a link to those nice bridge pieces that are shown in the read me trumpets?

Thanks.
~ NAM Team Member

dyoungyn

How about making is viewable via the Region View.

dyoungyn