• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish

Ok so your methods might have worked if you had mentioned the SAM, because it was the old version of the SAM that was stopping the RHW and the NAM to work. This is because there is not a new version, yet, of the SAM for Macs.

Anyway, this is a great addition to the game!
<center></center>

sincitybaby

I was wondering if I could get a link to those underpasses on page 61, they look great.

will_colorado

I think that it is the diagonal street mod that is conflicting with something in the RHW.  I removed that out of my NAM folder and the RHW seems to work fine for me afterwards, although I don't have anymore cool diagonal streets.

&mmm

Has anybody found a way to have both??

Oh yes, and I'm back.........:party:
This is my home:  Ain't it cool?

Shadow Assassin

Well, I can use the diagonal streets just fine with the RHW... so I don't know what's wrong with yours.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tarkus

Quote from: dyoungyn on January 02, 2008, 07:19:16 PM
How about making is viewable via the Region View.

As far as I know, that'd require breaking into the .exe file, which we can't do.  You can, however, get around it using the "DrawPaths" cheat in Buggi's SC4ExtraCheats.dll file in each city tile, and then saving the tile with the cheats turned on.  If you don't have that file, it can be found here.

Hope that answers your question!  I really should add that to my FAQ, since that's a question that comes up a lot.

-Alex (Tarkus)

recyclerman

I noticed after I installed the RHW v20 that my vanilla (Maxis) highway wasn't showing any traffic.  Has the Maxis highway been turned off in some way?

It only seems to be the orthogonal  stretches and not the diagonal.

Thanks,

Recyclerman

Tarkus

Recyclerman, the Maxis Ground Highway was not turned off in any way as part of the RHW v20 modifications.  I've just tested it here on my end and the Maxis Ground Highways are working correctly for me. 

My guess is that you may have some other modification installed that somehow alters the Ground Highway orthogonal paths in that rather detrimental way.  (The exact path file would be an SC4Path file, Group 0xa966883f, Instance 0x0a001500).  My guess is that it would be a transit-related file of some variety (though stranger things have happened).  I'd try sorting through your Plugins to narrow it down.  When you figure out which file is causing the issue, I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions

Zack

Tarkus. I tried out your mod and its stupendous. however I have one question. is it possible to make small loops on exit ramps. a big example of this is the New York State Thruway system. their exits are mostly comprise of T-Shape junctions. have a look at them on google earth. a good example is the one in Herkimer, NY

Shadow Assassin

I don't think the RULs allow the creation of such tight loops at the moment... so you'll have to spread them out a bit.
New Horizons Productions

Zack

I see. well maybe I can make a mod for it? how hard is it making this

Filasimo

have you tried it first? if not ya should check it out  :thumbsup: if you know alot about RULs it shouldnt be a problem for ya
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Zack

I have tried the mod ;D and I havent make RULs :-[. ill have to look for tutorials then. where is there a good place for making RULs>  ()what()  :P

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Filasimo

heres the tutorial zack:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2500.0

knock yourself out buddy let us know if youre able to get it to work  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

bat

Lollo

Oh my godness! These textures are perfect... There is a little color difference but are still wonderful... I'll download the mod as soon as it is completed/uploaded. Absolutely.

Keep an eye on the Lair!

Andreas

Those "apples" are looking delightfully. :) From what I can see, the puzzle piece textures need to be darkened slightly, but it's barely visible if you don't look closely. Great work so far, I'm really looking forward to use those textures in the game.
Andreas

Sim_Jesse

I have a problem with the new RHW v.20!! :'(  In my tab-cycle, there are a few pieces that say ##intersection placement string missing## or something like that. When I place these pieces, I only get 2 road stumps with some empty space in between  &cry2  The only pieces I can place are the RHW 2 to 4 lane transition and the curved pieces.  &mmm   Also, I think I'm missing the entire "RHW Network Tool" to drag the pieces any further (if I even could, I'm missing the starter puzzle pieces as well  ()what() ). Please help!

Kitsune

Looks like I got nabbed on a page change, so do any of the RHW makers care to share what bridge pieces those are in the readme trumpets?
~ NAM Team Member