• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lollo

Oh man! I love those.... you're an artist....! The mis ramp is awesome, and so are both puzzle pieces... OMG!

Just two questions:
@RHW team: I've noticed that I cannot make a MIS ramp perpendicular to the RHW itself, and I haven't succedeed in creating ANY sort of ramp with the Type 2 puzzle piece: it just doen't work. Are these issues due to the fact that this is still a beta (or anything else related to the mod) or I do not use pieces properly? Again thank you for your work.. &apls
@SA: At the end of the mis ramp there's a different grass texture, is it your choice or are you going to fix it?

Keep an eye on the Lair!

Kitsune

Tarkus, you've said you working on v21, is there any plan to add a new splitter piece? One that converts One Half of the RHW4 into two MIS ramps, like this:

Right now I'm using the RHW2 splitter to do the job, just so that way the interchange can look complete, but one that converts those two lanes into two MIS ramps going the same direction would be extremely nice. In this example, its used to make a B4 Parclo (with two ramps not functional), although it could also be used to do a A4 Parclo, or two A2/B2 Parclos.
~ NAM Team Member

Sim_Jesse

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 04, 2008, 03:25:06 AM

Teasing people some more. The MIS has been done [well, the basic set anyway], and I'm working on tweaking the puzzle pieces. You can see what the new colouring for the puzzle pieces looks like by looking at the tile under the overpass.

Does that mean the yellow line on the Road over RHW puzzle piece will be fixed too?  It looks very ugly IMHO having the Euro-styled road mod...

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

JereUsa1

Great job at v20 guys, you've put a lot of hours into this massive project and it shows, it's AMAZING!!!

Only thing I have to mention and I'm sure you guys are working on it, is a MIS off/on ramp for the 6 lane version. But no worries for now. Thanks again.

nerdly_dood

Very sneaky SA, hiding the incomplete texture with a tree.  ;D  Great textures though, especially the RHW6 leftways transition.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Andreas

Quote from: Sim_Jesse on January 04, 2008, 09:25:35 AM
Does that mean the yellow line on the Road over RHW puzzle piece will be fixed too?  It looks very ugly IMHO having the Euro-styled road mod...

I'm sure Shadow Assassin will fix this as well, however it might be a bit complicated, since the texture for that tile contains both the road overpass texture and the underlying RHW texture. So if somebody wants to use the Euro RHW, but US Road textures, another texture has to be made. Since the Road textures are covered by the SFBT Euro Road Textures Mod, it might be better to include such a texture in this mod (I will make an update for the new NAM items soon).

@mightygoose: It's hidden behind the tree.  :P

@Shadow Assassin: Wow, that looks awesome! Not that the US textures are bad or anything, but this is just so much more familar for me. :)
Andreas

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Tarkus on January 03, 2008, 09:05:59 PM
RHW v21 is underway . . . I've been working on getting the other form of the RHW-6, the RHW-6C, going again.  Here's the 6C and its transition to the RHW-4.

There will be more where that came from shortly.

I just want to remind you guys that the pieces shown in the picture above are my old original ideas for the RHW-4 > RHW-6C pieces, hence the bigger reflectors.  Those will be upgraded for the next release. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Starmanw402007

The Transition of the RHW-6 into the RHW4 looks awesome, can wait to try it out in Steven's Point!

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

RebaLynnTS

Worked on this for about 2 hours, but sure looks good once it is done.

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

riponite

Regarding RebaLynnTS's interchange...

First of all, very nice work, RebaLynnTS.  The MIS is such a great addition, and I look forward to future additions by the RHW team.  :)

I have done some similar interchanges to Reba's and have found a very curious effect regarding traffic paths.  In my interchanges, I used an avenue bridge a part of the RHW right-of-way - and the traffic gets off to take the exit instead of staying on the RHW/Avenue Bridge.  When I remove the exit, the traffic stays on the RHW/Avenue Bridge just fine.  I have come to realize the the exit path via the RHW ramps is actually faster than going over the avenue bridge - so, of course the traffic gets off at the exit and gets back on - avoiding the parallel avenue bridge.  As I said, a curious effect, but fully explainable.  But I was certainly puzzled by it for awhile.  I look forward to an RHW overpass (to replace the Avenue Bridge) to solve this curious effect ... someday.   :)

One other thing I noticed...  I can't put Lots on the outer side of the RHW Exit puzzle piece (parallel exit ramp model).  If I do, a graphical error occurs - one block of a reverse ramp graphic shows up off to the side.  Has anyone else noticed this?  I'll have to figure out how to post an example of that someday so I can show you exactly what I am talking about - unless someone beats me to it.  Right now, I just keep all lots away from that particular puzzle piece and everything is just fine.

As aways, thanks to the RHW Mod Team for all of your hard work.  This has been worth the wait.  I love it!!!

Sincerely,
Riponite

BigSlark

The pathfinding engine is simply following the quickest path.

The RHW and MIS are at the same speed as the Maxis Highways, making them the faster route than the avenue or OWR overpasses that you are using for the "main line."

To overcome this, I either have the other road pass over the RHW OR draw the two sides of the RHW-4 in the same places the ramps would go, leaving a large median for a future RHW overpass.

Louisiana DOTD uses this tactic all over the state in places where a full interchange isn't needed yet but will be in the near future.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Kevin

RebaLynnTS

Currently, I am more concerned with how it looks than how it works, but it will be nice once it is all done.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Ryan B.

Here's a partial cloverleaf (parclo) interchange I did:

Kitsune

Is it possible to get rid of the sidwalks that appear alongside the MiS in a future version?
~ NAM Team Member

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Kitsune on January 04, 2008, 07:22:18 PM
Is it possible to get rid of the sidwalks that appear alongside the MiS in a future version?

Yes.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

nycsc4

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on November 08, 2007, 01:27:01 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the latest version of the Euro RHW mod.

does anybody know where i can get those underpasses?

TopCliff

Quote from: nycsc4 on January 04, 2008, 07:59:27 PM
does anybody know where i can get those underpasses?

They're a BETA by BuddyBud. I think he put the file in his thread over at ST. I hope I could help.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

mikeseith

I remember reading somewhere (maybe in this thread) that someone was retexturing and repathing the original Maxis raised highway for the RHW.  Just wondering if there is any news on this.  I'm liking the new version of the RHW so far.  Great work folks.  :thumbsup: