• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hey Alex I hope you dont mind me qouting from Stef's thread on the X-tool some new words I learned today...

Quote from: BarbyW on November 28, 2008, 01:11:01 PM
IWBRWIIR

It will be ready when it's ready

Quote from: callagrafx on November 28, 2008, 01:40:22 PM
ANB  :D :D

And not before

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

un1

Quote from: darraghf on November 29, 2008, 02:02:31 AM
I can't wait tarkus. Is it close to being released??????

Haven't you heard the NAM team slogan?

"We like to surprise people"
and
"It will be released when it is ready"

No one likes them though, it makes you even more impatient. :D

-un1

j-dub

Suprise! We have an exit plan.

Mostly freight trucks, but as you can see, there is green and blue arrows over here.
Keep in mind though, you will need to draw a U-turn under the border arrows for this to work.
Yeah, if you guys don't like those akward flags down the middle, you'll want to wait for that to be taken care of.

nerdly_dood

Ooh wow! No more transitions for neighbor connections...

And about the colored thingys in the middle of the highway: They may mean you're missing the prop for the center barrier I've seen from Tarkus' screenshots...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

wes.janson

Quote from: Pat on November 29, 2008, 02:12:03 AM
Hey Alex I hope you dont mind me qouting from Stef's thread on the X-tool some new words I learned today...

It will be ready when it's ready

And not before

My acronym figuring out skills come in handy again!

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

deathtopumpkins

The little colored thingies look like Peg's replacement mod for brown boxes.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

kings_niners

is the rhw 6c orthagonal only?? how does it work??

darraghf

kings_niners: i believe that it will be only draggable orthogonaly but oyu will be able to use a puzzle piece to make it diagonal

sim-al2

What could the surprise inside be? [cue=cereal box ad] ::)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

berubium

Can anyone tell me what FHW means?  I've seen it refered to in this thread, but I'm not sure what it means.  Thanks in advance...

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: berubium on November 30, 2008, 12:18:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what FHW means?  I've seen it refered to in this thread, but I'm not sure what it means.  Thanks in advance...

FHW = Maxis ("Fake") Highway.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

debutterfly

Quote from: Tarkus on November 18, 2008, 11:41:42 AM
Patricius and metarvo, you're both right, actually.  The 3.0 release is taking a little longer than I initially expected (I had in fact been secretly shooting for a date which has now passed ;)), and it's probably a bit unfair to keep 2.0 locked up for more than a couple weeks. 

I know Alex that you "delayed" the release of Version 3.0 in order to expand your list of puzzle pieces and surprises for us.  ;) Anyway, it will be released when it will be released. Can't wait for RHW Day to come around.  :D Keep up the fantastic work and hope you are having a bood break. Don't break anything.  ;)

-Larry (debutterfly)

BigSlark

There's a great big surprise in RHW 3.0. What? Tell you? No way!  $%Grinno$%

Cheers,
Kevin

Tarkus

Quote from: kings_niners on November 29, 2008, 06:16:14 PM
is the rhw 6c orthagonal only?? how does it work??

The 6C (C="Compact", as per the FAQ) is indeed Orthogonal-only.  The 6S (S="Separable"), however, will have puzzle pieces to allow diagonal functionality.  The 6C will likely never go diagonal, but there will be a puzzle piece that will allow it to transition to the 6S, which I can confirm will be in Version 3.1.  The 6C is primarily designed to allow for a 6-lane RHW in less space--3 tiles as opposed to 4 for the 6S.  And depending on the simulator you're using, it may have a higher capacity than a Maxis Highway.

Quote from: debutterfly on December 01, 2008, 06:27:09 AM
Can't wait for RHW Day to come around.  :D Keep up the fantastic work and hope you are having a bood break. Don't break anything.  ;)

I can't wait, either.  Things are lining up pretty well . . . though I'm not quite on break yet.  Have a couple big end-of-term projects to finish up, but I'll be done sometime next week.  And I'll do my best not to break anything, too . . . fortunately, it seems to be a little less icy this year in Oregon (record high temps in Portland yesterday), so my driveway fall is unlikely to be repeated. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

darraghf

sithlrd98

Quote from: Tarkus on December 01, 2008, 10:55:28 AM
And I'll do my best not to break anything, too . . . fortunately, it seems to be a little less icy this year in Oregon (record high temps in Portland yesterday), so my driveway fall is unlikely to be repeated. 
-Alex (Tarkus)

Maybe we should hope for a  heat wave....Just in case  :P
Quote from: debutterfly on December 01, 2008, 06:27:09 AMCan't wait for RHW Day to come around.  :D
-Larry (debutterfly)
Who can???

Jayson

SusanMarie1956

I guess, I'm feeling pretty dumb today. I'm in the process of preparing for the new RHW 3.0 to be release. With than, I'm widening the main freeway through downtown. What I'm confusing myself is, when in the FAQ, it states that 8 lanes are 4 tiles wide. Is that 4 tiles per side or 4 tiles total for both directions? I've looked at all the pretty pics, but with the grid off, it's hard to tell how many tiles it takes.
-Susan Marie

io_bg

SusanMarie1956, I think it should be 4 tiles in both directions.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

TEG24601

SusanMarie1956 - RHW8 is 4 lanes in each direction, requiring a total of 4 tiles to operate.

I am looking forward to RHW 3, as I'm using the RHW a bit more than before, and keep waiting to do some of the things I want.

TEG