• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

I remember that discussion... I think possibly that was what he was referring to.
Quote from: Tarkus on December 22, 2008, 05:33:08 PM
For Version 3.0, no.  But maybe for a future RHW 3.x-Series release. ;)
hmm... exciting.  ;D
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Patricius Maximus

3.x series -- I'm excited already for v3.1 (and 3.0 hasn't even come out yet  $%Grinno$%)

metarvo

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on December 22, 2008, 06:03:21 PM
3.x series -- I'm excited already for v3.1 (and 3.0 hasn't even come out yet  $%Grinno$%)

So, maybe v3.1 will be released before v3.0?  $%Grinno$%
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

Not possible, however awesome that may be.  :P

allan_kuan1992

what was the workaround? =O

and i wish I could see more teasers... xD

but anyway, good work so far. =)

- Allan K

JGCarter

Quote from: Tarkus on December 22, 2008, 05:01:20 PM
Well, there's nothing we can really do with the tunnels--the issue there hardcoded, unfortunately, as sim-al2 pointed out.  I am looking at possibly implementing that workaround we came up with back when we were discussing the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, though--I'd like to get that in place in a near future version.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Tarkus: I think he was referring to the tunnels Blahdy showed us a LONG while back.

But from what I know, Blahdy backed out of it...he was also supposed to make some RHW crossings and el-RHW but they were discontinued. I forgot which page they were on but he did post some models a LONG while back. At any rate, just convert the RHW into a OWR and hook it up to Blahdy's Big Dig tunnels. They use the subway network to make tunnels.

Tarkus

Quote from: JGCarter on December 23, 2008, 03:34:05 PM
But from what I know, Blahdy backed out of it...he was also supposed to make some RHW crossings and el-RHW but they were discontinued.

Yes, that's exactly what happened.  It's a long story, which I won't get into now.

The "workaround", however, that I've come up with will work in a somewhat similar manner to what I had initially proposed doing with the original "RHW-MIS Tunnel Portal Co-Op Project" with blahdy.  I'm not going to reveal much more than that at this point. ;)

As far as teasers go, things are coming along slowly but surely.  I've mainly been working on adjacency RULs for the RHW-over-RHW Draggable Overpasses. 

There are a few other little things I need to stabilize or clean up here and there, and we should be good to go.  Thank you all for being patient with me during this whole process.  Just a little longer . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

metarvo

It's no problem.  :)  The wait hasn't been so bad, Alex.  The nice teasers, not to mention all of the speculation, have really helped to pass the time.  I have said it before, and I'll say once again that I would much rather see something work when it is released, even if it takes a little longer.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

Alex wow!!!! Simply stunning I am drooooling!!!!  &apls :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Sartoris

Quote from: Tarkus on December 23, 2008, 05:26:07 PM
Yes, that's exactly what happened.  It's a long story, which I won't get into now.

The "workaround", however, that I've come up with will work in a somewhat similar manner to what I had initially proposed doing with the original "RHW-MIS Tunnel Portal Co-Op Project" with blahdy.  I'm not going to reveal much more than that at this point. ;)

As far as teasers go, things are coming along slowly but surely.  I've mainly been working on adjacency RULs for the RHW-over-RHW Draggable Overpasses. 

[image...]

There are a few other little things I need to stabilize or clean up here and there, and we should be good to go.  Thank you all for being patient with me during this whole process.  Just a little longer . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

WANT.

Edit: Ha, this is my first post I guess.

Tarkus

Thanks guys, and welcome to posting, Sartoris!

New development pic . . . the west end of that same larger interchange you saw earlier:

More in a bit.  We're getting ever closer . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

ZOMG WOMG wow I just dont know what more to say Alex!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

A200

OMG awesome Alex!!!

I hope it is released today or tomorrow :D (it is Christmas Eve afternoon here)

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Patricius Maximus

darraghf

please release it on the 26th!!! Perfect day "$Deal"$
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Monorail Master

Quote from: Tarkus on December 22, 2008, 05:01:20 PM
Well, there's nothing we can really do with the tunnels--the issue there hardcoded, unfortunately, as sim-al2 pointed out.  I am looking at possibly implementing that workaround we came up with back when we were discussing the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, though--I'd like to get that in place in a near future version.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Well, just ask me or DTP for any info about the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel. DTP lives in VA Beach.(I remember him telling me that) I used to live there from 1995-2006, or most of my life.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Sartoris

I think I have been lurking here since page 1.
Take your time on the release, Tarkus. I look forward to using RHW 3.0 whenever it is released.

un1

Look at who is online at Simtropolis...

Could he be releasing the new RHW?

-un1