• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

which menu is the rhw-4 diagonal piece located? I knows it theres as I've used it before... but cant seem to find it anymore.
~ NAM Team Member

io_bg

Quote from: Kitsune on September 19, 2010, 02:00:32 PM
which menu is the rhw-4 diagonal piece located? I knows it theres as I've used it before... but cant seem to find it anymore.
Do you mean the diagonal RHW-4 filler piece? If yes, it's located in the RHW starter pieces menu.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

rhwfanatic221

GDO29Anagram, i gotta know how you did that :o  :thumbsup:

pierrebaptiste

Hello

I have built this :

It is a future brigde for RHW .

I think build 2 versions , one for RHW 6 s and an other for RHW 4.

Sorry but i have several problem with asphalt texture  ()sad() .

In first time I have had idea to use 1/2 of the bridge for RHW4 and in the futur 2x2 > in RHW 6 s and I will use 2 parts on 2 of the bridge

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: rhwfanatic221 on September 20, 2010, 07:32:07 AM
GDO29Anagram, i gotta know how you did that :o  :thumbsup:

The starterless trick?

Luckily I created a video tutorial on how to do that; I just posted it on YouTube... Here's the video demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT8HDeQXFrY

It works with ground to elevated transitions and on-slope transitions; It can be applied to ramps and transitions where there's an RHW-4 or MIS starter piece that has both sides exposed, so that you can drag RHW-2 across it.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 20, 2010, 02:49:01 PM
The starterless trick?

Luckily I created a video tutorial on how to do that; I just posted it on YouTube... Here's the video demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT8HDeQXFrY

Let me get that video embedded for ya. It's very useful!
http://www.youtube.com/v/wT8HDeQXFrY

Hopefully a later 4.x release will include a starterless RHW-4 piece like this.

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on September 20, 2010, 10:00:29 PM
Hopefully a later 4.x release will include a starterless RHW-4 piece like this.

I can confirm that starterless pieces are officially planned.  :thumbsup: The response to the initial starterless Ground-to-Elevated MIS Transitions in Versions 4.0 and 4.1 has been overwhelmingly positive.

And on another note, those of you who have been following my work on modernizing the SAM to interface with new, post-April 2008 content may enjoy this:

-Alex

jdenm8

Yay!
Is it a copy-paste job to do it for the upcoming wide ERHWs and EMIS?

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 21, 2010, 12:44:15 AM
Yay!
Is it a copy-paste job to do it for the upcoming wide ERHWs and EMIS?

It's a copy-paste for the EMIS, and will be for the multi-height ERHWs once we get to that point.  The Wider ERHWs have a different tile configuration and have to be coded differently.

-Alex

RickD

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what are those starterless transitions good for?  ()what()
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

io_bg

Quote from: RickD on September 21, 2010, 01:20:43 AM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but what are those starterless transitions good for?  ()what()
Space-saving ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

Quote from: RickD on September 21, 2010, 01:20:43 AM

They also don't flatten slopes like the ones with starters do, making them a little bit easier to place.

-Alex

figui

Quote from: Tarkus on September 21, 2010, 01:24:06 AM
They also don't flatten slopes like the ones with starters do, making them a little bit easier to place.

-Alex

this is wonderful!

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

noahclem

Awesome to hear about the starterless pieces!  &apls  Slopes are a big enough pain as it is and if I can be a control freak over them within my interchanges that's one less way they'll bother me  ;)  Every tile of space saved is almost more important.

Great to see the SAM/ERHW progress as well Alex  :thumbsup:

pierrebaptiste that's a promising looking project. Cool concrete RHW textures. I would dirty up, or at least add variety to, the orange/brown wall on the side, though it still looks nice now.

dany10000

HI everyone!
I've a problem with the euro texture mod.
I've installed the file but when i run the game the rhws are all with default texture! Any suggests?

MandelSoft

Did you make sure it loads after the NAM? If not, make it so.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Monorail Master

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on September 20, 2010, 12:27:55 PM
Hello

I have built this :

It is a future brigde for RHW .

I think build 2 versions , one for RHW 6 s and an other for RHW 4.

Sorry but i have several problem with asphalt texture  ()sad() .

In first time I have had idea to use 1/2 of the bridge for RHW4 and in the futur 2x2 > in RHW 6 s and I will use 2 parts on 2 of the bridge

pierrebaptiste: Nice job! It boggles my mind a bit, because my mind sees it as a cutaway view for a tunnel section. Just give thanks to those yellow walls. That seems like you made it to hold up to a RHW-8S.

Ok, I'd just thought about this. I'm sure most of you know that big decorative lot on the STEX that's a big Road Loop-de-Loop. I'll just love it if someone replaced the texture and other stuff to make MIS, RHW-2, and RHW-4 be on it instead of just road.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

j-dub

QuoteOk, I'd just thought about this. I'm sure most of you know that big decorative lot on the STEX that's a big Road Loop-de-Loop. I'll just love it if someone replaced the texture and other stuff to make MIS, RHW-2, and RHW-4 be on it instead of just road.

You mean this stuff?

Well, thats a little of a different story. You see, the loop is actually a 3D model, and even if that loop model was somehow editable, I am sure someone would have to talk to the creator, unless it was a full reconstruction, in any event, I don't know if that idea would even be considered to be a part of Alex's RHW project, due to the loop would have no effect on the simulator, and its kind of cosmetic, but yeah, I would find loops for the RHW-4 to look cool, but I don't know if I would seriously use it, because I only used the road loop once, just because it was next to a very steep drop. Impossible, no, anyone could potentially fully redo the loop, it would just require extraction of NAM related texture, and mapping, not to mention an expert modeler.

el_cozu

pierrebaptiste

Quote from: noahclem on September 23, 2010, 12:07:01 PM
pierrebaptiste that's a promising looking project. Cool concrete RHW textures. I would dirty up, or at least add variety to, the orange/brown wall on the side, though it still looks nice now.

Quoteby : Monorail Master

pierrebaptiste: Nice job! It boggles my mind a bit, because my mind sees it as a cutaway view for a tunnel section. Just give thanks to those yellow walls. That seems like you made it to hold up to a RHW-8S.

Ok, I'd just thought about this. I'm sure most of you know that big decorative lot on the STEX that's a big Road Loop-de-Loop. I'll just love it if someone replaced the texture and other stuff to make MIS, RHW-2, and RHW-4 be on it instead of just road.

Thanks you very much for your supporte  ;) .

To programm my bridge I think that I have need of a special programm ? If it's yes , can you give me the like for download it ? And can you send me a link with tutorial ?

:)