• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drjumbajookiba

Will Blue Lighting Traffic light replacement mod Compatible with Flex SPUI  :thumbsup:
Live Out loud For God

marsh

Quote from: Tarkus on July 20, 2011, 07:01:35 PM
Quote from: Exla357 on July 20, 2011, 06:59:21 PM
Uhh Tarkus, how exactly do the exiting cars turning left know when to stop or go? I don't think they can see the signal from that angle  "$Deal"$

They can't, and due to the way the stop point mechanism works, there's not really a way to fix that, unfortunately.  Trust me, I've tried.  And shall keep trying. ;)

-Alex

There may be no way to stop, but would it be possible to put a stoplight somewhere using T-21's? For purely visual purposes.

jdenm8

Quote from: drjumbajookiba on July 20, 2011, 07:10:13 PM
Will Blue Lighting Traffic light replacement mod Compatible with Flex SPUI  :thumbsup:

I don't use BL's mod, so I don't know how it works, but there are two ways to do a traffic light replacement. The hard and completely reliable way (T21 overrides) or the easy way (overriding prop exemplars).

If BL used the latter (which I think he has), then yes, there will be automatic compatibility with FlexSPUI.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Ryan B.

Quote from: Tarkus on July 20, 2011, 07:01:35 PM
Quote from: Exla357 on July 20, 2011, 06:59:21 PM
Uhh Tarkus, how exactly do the exiting cars turning left know when to stop or go? I don't think they can see the signal from that angle  "$Deal"$

They can't, and due to the way the stop point mechanism works, there's not really a way to fix that, unfortunately.  Trust me, I've tried.  And shall keep trying. ;)

-Alex

I have somewhere around here a concept *cosmetic* SPUI signal that I was working on . . . let me see if I can find the picture.

EDIT:  Found it!

Good luck getting that figured out, Alex!

Ramona Brie

Problem with that sadly is that the center piece of the SPUI can be any length, and that's only for the 3-tile center piece.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tracker on July 21, 2011, 01:11:52 AM
Problem with that sadly is that the center piece of the SPUI can be any length, and that's only for the 3-tile center piece.

I'm thinking that, if it were to be integrated as the SPUI's lights, it would most importantly be offset and also split into two pieces. With the current lights with the SPUI (and almost every other non-TuLEP signalised intersection), I imagine it would be hard to see a green light that's over your head than one that's about 30 feet in front of you... ::)

It wouldn't exactly be Single-Point, but it would be close enough.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

strucka

What SPUI is missing are pedestrian crossings. It is Single Point URBAN Interchange, not SPAI (Anywherebuilt). And it really lacks those. The traffic lights could also be broken in half, as someone mentioned and put where they are now. Couldn't they be?

jdenm8

The SPUI does have pedestrian crossings (though they aren't controlled) but like every RL example I've ever seen, there is no crossing the Avenue at these intersections due to the traffic movements.

Blue Lightning

The SPUI we have in Columbus, OH has ped crossings on the left side only (it's also a high capacity SPUI, and even has room for expansions). There are designated ped signals at each crossing.

And yes, my traffic light mod will work on the SPUI, it's a prop replacement.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

[Delta ²k5]

Nice SPUI :) But could you add some Supports under it? I think it looks a bit strange without anything underneath the hole intersection... ()what()

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on July 21, 2011, 08:06:22 AM
Nice SPUI :) But could you add some Supports under it?

Should be quite possible for one to add extra supports using T21s... But then you'd have to account that there are many similar crossings that lack enough supports... :P (A pet peeve of mine...)
<INACTIVE>
-----

drjumbajookiba

Oh I Have some new texture for the RHW in the works :)
PS thanks for the reply
Live Out loud For God

jdenm8

Chances are we'll port the existing Avenue Viaduct over RHW-6C T21 to the ElSPUI Filler over RHW-C intersection, though it may not happen in this release.

Tarkus

Obviously still needs some of the same stuff as the 6C one, but I managed to get this working just now:

Its inclusion in 5.0 depends on whether or not I can get it stabilized. :D

-Alex

Edit: After fighting with it for close to 3 days, it finally seems stable enough I can safely include it. &dance

Paul 999

Nice intersection! Very useful, good work

Is this texture problem already solved? (Farr pieces)

Wiimeiser

Speaking of FARHW, will there be larger curves?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

thornyjohny

Will there be a Maxis Highway/RHW-6 transition?

jdenm8

Quote from: Paul 999 on July 23, 2011, 03:04:45 AMIs this texture problem already solved? (Farr pieces)
That's a problem with the texture mod's texture, not with the RHW. (Although, with some crafty UV modification, you can solve the problem yourself.)

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 23, 2011, 04:10:32 AMSpeaking of FARHW, will there be larger curves?
Yes. Quite a few can be found throughout this thread and in some NAM Team Member's and Associates' MD/CJs.

Quote from: thornyjohny on July 23, 2011, 06:21:05 AMWill there be a Maxis Highway/RHW-6 transition?
No.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Simcitler on July 23, 2011, 08:18:33 AM
seems to be a "monster" puzzle piece

Nope; Just one single basic WAVERide-based half of a SPUI that, by default, is actually NOT elevated. Times two to get the full SPUI, of course. :P :P :P
<INACTIVE>
-----