• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

for those who look at the bridge engineering department, the gibralta bridge..... anyone fancy working with me on making it a bridge for the RHW6..? i think its just about possible to do isnt it?
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Shadow Assassin

It'd be possible, but you'd probably would need puzzle pieces, as well as getting rid of the shoulder (so that'd mean a wide bridge deck). I wonder... hey, that's a great idea, RHW6 on two tiles, solely for the creation of bridges - that means no shoulder, just a concrete barrier. :P

As for the FHW texture replacement, I was considering just making it replace the normal FHW for the time being, until the starter pieces can be done. Remember, it's a low priority thing. By the way, jplumbley, the FHW actually uses the same textures on the orthos as it does on the diagonals - so that could mean one set of textures being replaced, but would still require the paths. Anyway, this is just a simple texture replacement mod for the moment - it's only eye-candy right now.

Though, it'd look odd having three lanes of traffic on a road marked for two. Both ground and elevated highway will be affected by this mod.

I suppose the following starter pieces would be done:
- GHW to RHW (RHW to El-RHW not necessary since it has to enter GHW first)
- Avenue to GHW

With diagonal variants, perhaps?

Anyways, I'll look and see how it can be implemented. I'm learning how to path (it should be quite easy to do once I get the trick, especially when dealing with paths that go over multiple tiles), but this has to be put on the backburner for the next month or so. I'll have two weeks then towards the end of August to work on it, and then it's study, study, study (with breaks, of course. I'd burn myself out if I didn't take a break) for my final exams.

So, here's how it's gonna pan out: The replacement mod will be done first (most likely won't be released, as it's more for testing purposes - this means that if the path files are done beforehand, replacing the FHW, all that would be needed is for the path files to be given a new IID and the RULs changed to refer to that IID), then I'll talk to Tarkus or jplumbley about the starter pieces and RUL overrides. I'm only a texture person, but hopefully I should expand my forte of skills with transit related networks.

After my final exams, I'll probably look at replacing the NAM overpass models with something that looks better, and match up the diagonal styling with the ortho styling. That means that the footpath on the elevated sections will need to be removed. It's unfortunately necessary. I will have a model ready to show before long.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

freedo50

Hey SA, sounds like you've got it all planned out and ready to get started, but I was just wondering if it would be possible to do a 3 lane version of these new textures too, because most motorways/highways in urban areas are at least 3 lanes in my experience. That tends to be the case in the UK anyway.

Fred

mightygoose

no the gibralta bridge has a gap between the two roadways as wide as each roadway which is why the RHW6 sprung to mind....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Andreas

Quote from: freedo50 on August 03, 2007, 09:29:40 AM
Hey SA, sounds like you've got it all planned out and ready to get started, but I was just wondering if it would be possible to do a 3 lane version of these new textures too, because most motorways/highways in urban areas are at least 3 lanes in my experience. That tends to be the case in the UK anyway.

Well, the regular in-game elevated highways have three lanes already, so it would be somewhat pointless to re-create them with a slightly different texture (thorvin's Euro highway textures should do the trick).
Andreas

blahdy

okay,  Big Dig -over- RHW-4 Overpass is completed;  Comments welcome.  it will be uploaded to NAM repository soon..

Ryan B.

That's very well done.  I can't wait to use it!

stewart_garden

Blahdy,

I'm a bridge engineer and that is pretty much to most realistic overpass I have ever seen in SC4. Great work!

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

BigSlark

blahdy,

Wow. You're the master of 3DSMax9. Excellent work and I cannot wait to see what you come up with next.

Cheers,
Kevin

mjig_dudy

blahdy: Wow! that looks awesome!  &apls

any chance of a with SA's textures?

Yoman

The only problem is that its too good for Sc4, all your recent BATs loose alot of the amazing detail when you render them, damn you SCS for sucking!

Artman

&apls oh wow im speechless--thats one heck of a creation
I'll be back.

freedo50

OMG. Yet again blahdy, you have surpassed yourself, this is probably the best model I have seen since, well... since your last one!
Keep up the good amazing work!

Fred

glepet

thundercrack83

Amazing! Simply amazing! Excellent work, my friend!

Pat

Blahdy im total speechless....................  &apls :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Gaston

It really is too bad you loose all that great detail in the game.     This is really a work of engineering art.   Absolutely georgeous.     I'd love to see a mod that makes ALL my overpasses look like that.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

That overpass is looking very beautiful, Blahdy! :thumbsup:

stewart_garden

Just one quick question Blahdy.  Would you be able to release a version with the gantries turned the other way around for those of us who have versions of SC4 where the cars drive on the left?  I appreciate this might be a bit of an undertaking, but if it is relatively simple and you could find the time in what must be a packed modelling schedule, there would be much applause from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Japan ...

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.