• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schradinator

Quote from: nwelsh on August 12, 2007, 01:46:28 PM
Hello everyone

I have made a slope mod for the RHW.  I did not like the original slopes, so I adjusted them.

Here are some pictures (click to enlarge).

Before:

After:

I have attached it bellow.  I hope you find it useful.

Thanks for posting this - it will certainly make the highways look even more realistic!

Does this address only the RHW?  I have slope mods installed already that address the other transport networks and I don't want to mess too much with the rules I've already grown accustomed to.

DFire870

Great work on this so far!

I was wondering though, for the MIS, is anyone making small toll plazas for on/off-ramps? Just placing the toll plazas on the highway aren't enough IMO, since realistically there should be some on the on/off-ramps.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

nwelsh

@schradinator

Sorry I did not make that more clear.  This mod only affects the RHW. It is designed to be used by itself OR with other slope mods, as long as the

RHW slope mod loads after the other slope mod(s). 

I hope this clears things up.
nwelsh

godjcjk12

Could we get a little update on the RHW? Nice work by the way on the slope mod 4 RHW.

rickmastfan67

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

jplumbley

Quote from: godjcjk12 on August 12, 2007, 05:30:16 PM
Could we get a little update on the RHW? Nice work by the way on the slope mod 4 RHW.

RHW is undergoing a re-organization to fit within the Structure of the Network Widening Mod.  Right now RULs are setup for the 1-tile wide networks, Ortho and Diagonal.  The 1-tile networks include TLA-3 and RHW-2, RHW-4 may be included as a 1-tile network if we can get it to draw properly as one tile instead of side by side tile.

2-Tile networks like RHW-4, 10, TLA-5, Medianless Avenues, OWR-5 are currently being worked on.  I will be picking up on writing the RULs at the end of the week along with working on the final stages of getting a BETA release ready for SAM.

3-Tile networks like RHW-6c, 6s, 8, TLA-7, AVE-6 and AVE-8 are currently in the planning stages.  RULs and IIDs will be in the process of determination a little later in the process of the NWM.  These networks will be much harder to RUL since there are more possibilities at the intersections to override.  The intersections will take upto 9 tiles in a 3x3 configuration.  Lets just say that they can easily hit 15 lines or more of RULs to get working.  These networks are probably not going to be part of the first BETA release of NWM.  Maybe only Straight runs with a merger to a 2-tile wide network.  Intersections will be few and far between in the begining.

This is the best update that we have at the moment.  RHW will probably not have an interm release before NWM because the more work that is done in the previous structure (or non-structure) that RHW will create more work for us, in a sense doubling up on the work that we would be doing.

Will MIS be released during the release of NWM?  Maybe, it depends on how far both projects have reached.  MIS is in the process of becoming draggable and it is not sure at what state MIS will be in when NWM is released.  Obviously NWM has priority.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

godjcjk12

Thanks for the info. Good luck on finishing the project. Hope it comes out very soon.

allan_kuan1992

Has anybody suggested changing the name of this project from Rural Highway Project to Realistic Highway Project? I mean, several pages ago... SA (Shadow Asassin) showed us some pics of some in-progress "Urban" Rural Highway Textures, and that just shows how this project is now no longer limited to the countryside. With this small rename, the RHW acronym (is that what it is called?) can still be kept, but instead of using the word rural, it uses the word realistic, which the project is basically aiming for, isn't it?

And many nice textures and developments people!

- Allan K.

jplumbley

Hows about we just call it NWM - Network Widening Mod.

There will be no new releases of RHW on its own anymore.  It is being integrated into NWM.

This can be taken as an Official Announcement as to what NWM will consist of:

Turning Lane Avenues:

Turning Lane Avenues has 3 versions in production.  A 3 lane 1-tile road variation.  A 5 lane 2-tile wide avenue variation.  And a 7 lane 3-tile wide variation.  The first version of NWM will include TLA-3 and some sort of BETA for TLA-5.  TLA-7 will be worked on and if enough progress has been made it will be added to future BETAs of NWM.

5 Lane One Way Roads:

This will either be an override of side by side One Way Roads or an override of the avenue network.  It will be 2-tiles wide with 5 lanes.  Hopefully will be part of the first NWM BETA release.

Wider Avenues:

New variations of Avenues are being created.  There will be a new 6 lane Avenue over 3 tiles and an 8 lane verion over 3 tiles.  These may not be part of the first BETA of NWM because of the width of the networks.

Also a meadianless Avenue is planned.  Memo started working on some textures for this and testing an Avenue override with puzzle drag.  Hopefully more textures can be created in time for a NWM BETA release.

RHW (URHW, Real Highways, etc.):

RHW will have multiple versions.  We are working diligently to get RHW-2, RHW-4 and RHW-10 ready for the first NWM BETA release.  RHW-6c and 6s and RHW-8 will be added later.

Please do not take this as a "hint" that NWM will be coming out relatively soon.  We still have many textures to re-index along with hundreds of RULs to write.  Essentially, the 1-tile networks are ready including diagonals.  2-tile networks are in the process of being written RUL wise and when we have them setup it will be easier to copy from network to network.  When the 2-tile networks are ready, we should be able to release the first version of NWM.

This could be 2 weeks or 2 months we just dont know the timeframe so please dont ask.  RLS does not allow us to give a date for release.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

HabLeUrG

sounds interesting, i cant wait for it releasing  ;) if you guys are interested in new textures i can make some  :)

Shadow Assassin

A RHW-2 mod to go with my texture-replacement mod for the RHW-4 is underway.

jplumbley, I might have to talk to you about the various textures required for the RHW-10. The RHW-8 and 6 (both S and C variants) have already been textured. The UHW is on hold for the moment - I want to finish the RHW-2 and RHW-10 mods first.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

figui

is there any chance to make the rhw visible (or is it viewable?   :-[) in the transportation map of the region view?
just a thought.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Shadow Assassin

It appears in transportation view, but it's not obvious. If you're using the default RHW, it'll appear light grey. If you're using the texture replacement mod, it'll appear black.

It depends on your terrain mod, that's the thing - your terrain mod will affect how visible it is in transportation view. I don't think it's possible to change it...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

figui

thanks for the answer. anyways, it is not that important
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Tarkus

Also, to add further to jplumbley's announcement about the NWM, the MIS will be a part of the NWM, since it is a part of the RHW.  The RULs that the MIS (in its new draggable form) will require are very similar to those utilized by the TLA-3, so there is a good chance that the MIS in some form may be a part of the initial NWM BETA release.  I can't guarantee it, however.  And of course, there is no scheduled release date.  We've got RL, so there's no telling how long it might take, plus weird stuff happens quite frequently with modding.  And besides, aren't surprises fun? ;) 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Starmanw402007

Hey Alex, Looking forward to seeing the new network widening modd(NWM). Hope it will solve our traffic problems in SC4 LOL.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Stevens Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

BigSlark

NWM Team,

Glad to see that a definitive plan for the NWM exists. Heck, even without a release date I'm pretty damn excited. You all are doing great work and after attempting to understand RUL's I have come to realize that the pretty textures are the easy part.

I cannot wait to see more and if you need any inspiration I'm always around. I just traversed over 3000 miles of America's interstates and highways and have seen all sorts of neat things to replicate.

Cheers,
Kevin

godjcjk12

Will there be diagonal TLAs and RHWs over 4?

jplumbley

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Meastro444

i am eagerly waiting,
;D
maybe the topic title should be changed into NWM? ;)
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)