• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crissa

Well, since you can plant trees through highway tiles, I would expect the answer to be yes.

-Crissa

dragonshardz

thundercrack83

Quote from: Crissa on September 21, 2007, 04:38:08 PM
Well, since you can plant trees through highway tiles, I would expect the answer to be yes.

-Crissa

Good point! Thanks!

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

allan_kuan1992

Yay! More progress!

The ramp looks fantastic!

- Allan Kuan

Tarkus

Dustin (thundercrack), to answer your question, the setup I just showed (with the MIS ramp right next to the RHW-4) will not allow trees in between the RHW and the MIS ramp, unfortunately.  However, once the distance between the MIS ramp and the RHW is increased, it's definitely possible.

In fact, in the early puzzle piece-based prototype I worked up awhile ago (which, as you can see, is very rough looking, if not outright hideous--the new version will look nothing like it ;)), I did a cloverleaf with several buildings inside the open space.

Hope that answers some questions.  The next big thing I have to do on development is getting the diagonals working, after which point things will move rather swiftly. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Filasimo

awesome pic ya got there Alex! ya really should hook up with blahdy ( if hes still alive and if you can drag him away from the game world in conflict) to make the models for you hehe. :D
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

bat

Flo8472

Greetings Flo8472
SimCityMultiplayer.com - Your World of SimCity Multiplayer!

Orange Julius

Actually, Filasimo, prior to leaving ST, Tarkus did talk about teaming up with Blahdy and the Big Dig. Hm, a McDonald's near a highway. That's great. Now hungry/weak-bladdered SimFamilies can get off the highway for a bathroom break and a Big Mac™! $%Grinno$%
Gone now...

Filasimo

@ OJ and not OJ Simpson: fyi blahdy is on the NAM ;)
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

Very nice work, Tarkus!

Is there any progress on adding RHW to bridges?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Haljackey

Well, before we move to the next "generation" of the RHW network (MIS system), I just wanted to show what different networks are possible with the current RHW.

Heres are the compressed images.  Follow the links below to see them in FULL RESOLUTION! (1440x900 pixels)

Here we see the RHW in 3 formats.  Divided by one tile (left), undivided (bottom left), and one tile divided multi RHW (right)

And the same area zoomed out.

Here we see an additional RHW with a large median (2 tiles).  Also, the median can be filled in to create a undivided multi RHW (right).

Link (zoomed in):http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/820/downtownnov313611905048id1.jpg

Link (zoomed out): http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6840/downtownnov313611905059jd2.jpg

Also, I want to say that that cloverleaf shows the flexibility of the RHW quite nicely.  Good luck with the development!

Best,
-Hal.

Filasimo

i wasnt going to show this til i was feeling ancy but here goes it. a gift for the hard workers of the NAM team and company and for all you transit fanatics:

after the plaza mall lotting is completed ill go back to this lil dirty secret of mine of a project and make smaller pieces to make it modular at any length but for now enjoy!  :thumbsup:

btw the divders are from frankies highway dividers he made and the lights are from the great chozo
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Gaston

Once again this is some really exciting stuff.   I can't wait to see it happen.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

figui

Quote from: Gaston on September 22, 2007, 08:35:06 PM
Once again this is some really exciting stuff.   I can't wait to see it happen.
can i say something else?
this is great, and those median dividers look awesome
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

BigSlark

I'm impressed with both the MIS and what's been done pre-MIS.

And Filasimo, I want those dividers!  ;D

Cheers,
Kevin

Crissa

Oh, hmm, is there any way to make sure that RHW procs traffic lights when it intersects with Avenue?

It doesn't need it with road, a stop sign would be nice, but somehow I think it got forgotten in one of the texture packs...

-Crissa

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Crissa on September 23, 2007, 02:47:25 AM
Oh, hmm, is there any way to make sure that RHW procs traffic lights when it intersects with Avenue?

It doesn't need it with road, a stop sign would be nice, but somehow I think it got forgotten in one of the texture packs...

-Crissa

At this time, no it isn't possible to have Traffic lights show up.  But in the future there might be away. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

JereUsa1

I know that you guys were talking about having merge lanes as long or short as you want, but could you have one of those merge lanes just have a exit only lane to the next offramp? (Very Common in Oregon).