• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filasimo

knowing that this is a topic from another site everyone should quit while theyre ahead. that is all
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

dragonshardz

j-dub

Oh, just look at this!
Yes that is, and azn's traffic lights there. However, this is what the RHW looks on mine, and no unlike azn, I don't mess with lottin' that type of thing. 

Shadow Assassin

Might also be a good idea to point out that textures have already been completed for what you've got, and it'll actually work as a network, rather than overhanging props. It just needs to be modded, and it'll be out the door before long.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tarkus

Got one particularly pesky RUL fixed with the transition from diagonal to orthogonal that's been bothering me for some time (the upper part of the pic). ;) 

The pixel offset on the textures will be fixed too.  We're getting closer to a full interchange with the new draggable MIS. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Dexter

That looks great! much nicer and smoother looking than the preview MIS pics that were shown a while ago  :thumbsup:!

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for some more interchanges to be released for the RHW, as it is of limited use at the moment, and will hopefully stop those TE interchange lots from appearing at ST  &mmm.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

mott

I don't usually post "Wow, that looks great!" messages, but in this case...

Wow, that MIS ramp segment looks great!    Seriously.   :thumbsup:

Filasimo

hahaha i agree with dexter i thought in my head april fools! hehe but the diags look really good Alex :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

j-dub

Shadow Assassin, not that the overlays I used are recent anyway, but smeone had told me they wouldn't do a connected straight lane after the MIS on-ramp, during the first release anyway. So I decided overlays could visually make a straight merge on lane, and they would be appropriate for this toll booth as well.

Filasimo

@ jdub: we appreciate your pointers but its been taken cared of so just sit back and relax and stay tuned for updates. :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Tarkus

j-dub, whoever told you that was simply misinformed.  ;) There's always been plans to have an accel/decel lane in the first release.  Back a couple of pages I gave a lengthy description of what is expected to be included in the next release of the RHW [link].  In fact, the prototype texture has been posted for some time.  Rest assured, we have things taken care of, more than most realize. ;)  This here will connect up with the RHW-6S to allow the extra lane to be as long or short as you want. 

Dexter, mott, and Filasimo, thanks for the support and I'm glad you like the progress.  I'll have more to show shortly, now that the really pesky part of the RULing is done. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Filasimo

youre quite welcome tarkus, there are alot of wonders in this thread that noone realizes that we had already covered  :thumbsup: if you want more information if you had missed out please read this past thread http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.100  hey Alex let me know if you need any help with anything  ;)

Ryan
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

mott

You're quite welcome, Tarkus.  The MIS system is something I'm going to use very, very often.

BTW, while scanning the LUA files, I found advisor messages for dirt roads (commented out, of course).  If the EXE is really counting "dirt road" tiles, then I can make messages like "CITYNAME Welcomes New Expressway" appear.  It would need i18n, but if it works, would that be interesting?

JoeST

QuoteBTW, while scanning the LUA files, I found advisor messages for dirt roads (commented out, of course).  If the EXE is really counting "dirt road" tiles, then I can make messages like "CITYNAME Welcomes New Expressway" appear.  It would need i18n, but if it works, would that be interesting?
is there anything you guys cant do???  $%Grinno$%

I seriously love you guys, its just amazing whats happened recently, might make me actually play the game  :P

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

mott, having the LUAs reactivated for the DirtRoad/RHW network would be more than interesting.  It'd be amazing.   :)  I had noticed them some time ago as well, but I'm not all that familiar with LUAs or how they work.

And I noticed you asked about left exits at one point in another thread.  They will most definitely be possible. ;)

And Joe (star.torturer), thanks!  Just doing our part to make the game better. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

JGCarter

TARKUS IS THE ULTIMATE SC4 MODDER EVER!!!! WHO NEEDS SC5????
Tarkus, when the RHW is in full swing, SC4 will be a whole new game! I mean, wont it be cool to see custom interchanges in CJs? I cant wait! You go, guys!  ;)  :D  &apls  :thumbsup:  $%Grinno$%

JoeST

QuoteTARKUS IS THE ULTIMATE SC4 MODDER EVER!!!! WHO NEEDS SC5?

I wouldnt be that selfish... I would say that the whole NAM team have become legends in the order of magnitude of wouanagaine (who is by far the greatest programmer of the past 5 years)

(sorry for the misunderstanding... my silly mistake)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

JGCarter

Quote from: star.torturer on October 19, 2007, 02:28:17 PM
I wouldnt be that selfish... I would say that the whole NAM team have become legends in the order of magnitude of wouanagaine (who is by far the greatest modder of the past 5 years)

Oh, I agree that the whole NAM team is doing a great job but the RHW is my fave  :P

Andreas

Actually, wouanagaine is a programmer, not a modder. ;) And there are surely quite a few people that could be considered as "legend". On the other hand, though, every single custom content creator is a valuable asset to the SC4 community, regardless if he's a BATter, modder, lot maker, scrutineer or just someone who shows us what magnificient things can be done with the custom content. :)
Andreas

Filasimo

I raise my glass to ya andreas for that great comment you just made  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//