• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpiano

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on November 08, 2007, 01:27:01 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the latest version of the Euro RHW mod.

*dies*

That's really wonderful SA  &apls &apls &apls

btw, how are you guys doing with multiple laned stuff (More than 4)?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

jplumbley

Quote from: toxicpiano on November 08, 2007, 04:46:17 AM
btw, how are you guys doing with multiple laned stuff (More than 4)?

The straight work is essentially done for Orthogonals. Diagonals are a bit tougher.  I think Alex has Starter Pieces made and he was working on MIS stuff, but I dont think that has gotten very far yet, and Intersections with other networks haven't even been started (need textures for that first).

Rickmastfan and SA have been diligently working on RHW-2 and RHW-4 Textures and have been doing an awesome job!  Alex has MIS BETA almost ready to go, its in pre-BETA testing.  Intersections for RHW-2 and RHW-4 are closer to implementation.  My work on the new RTL Plugin is going to be implemented into RHW-2 for optional Left Turn Lanes on RHW-2/RHW-2 Intersections!!  Work from the TLA-5 Intersections I wrote will be able to be easily brought into RHW-4 Intersections.  It will be very interseting, when Alex and I get to sit down and have a MSN Conversation about this stuff, we should get SA and Rickmastfan to join us because I think there are a few more textures we need for RHW-4 Intersections.  Guys we should do this soon... We dont want to delay the release of RHW-MIS... hehehe.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

DFire870

WOW! Awesome job. It looks so good I'm tempted to want to use the Euro RHW mod now. ;D

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

BigSlark

Excellent, excellent, excellent work Alex, Jason, Ryan, SA, and whomever else is laboring on in the background. I'm extremely excited to see the MIS nearing its first release.

I'll be anxiously awaiting more teasers... ;D

Cheers,
Kevin

bat

That is looking very beautiful, SA!
Looking forward to it.

abcd

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on November 08, 2007, 01:27:01 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the latest version of the Euro RHW mod.

Wow, this is just amazing. &apls
But I was wondering: How you did that highway underpass?

jplumbley

@abcd  Those underpasses are lots created by Buddybud.  They are eye-candy mostly but, what they do is convert Road Traffic to Subway Traffic to allow for a "functional" underground passage by dragging a subway station between the two lots on either side.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

abcd

Meastro444

Quote from: M4346 on November 08, 2007, 03:05:06 AM
You do know that you are my hero now?!  $%Grinno$% You and Alex both!  &apls
i just have to second this! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls great work!
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

JoeST

and me third it... WOW *dies and goes to heaven*

That is WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

like WOW

thankyou

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

sithlrd98

A big thank-you to everyone involved! This looks like a lot of hard work . I look foward to trying this mod when it is released. :thumbsup:

Toichus Maximus

Haljackey

Wow, quite an update here.

I like it!  :thumbsup:  I can't wait to try the MIS myself!  And those Euro-styled ramps from SA look "stunning"

Keep up the excellent work!
-Haljackey

thundercrack83

SA, those textures are incredible. I don't know what else to say!

nerdly_dood

This work is AMAZING people, but there is one problem with the North American textures.  I like the yellow line on the left, but I really don't like the reflectors.  If the textures were precisely to scale, driving over them would produce a very unpleasant jolt, as opposed to the gentle bump that we actually feel.  I have been considering implementing the European texture mod for all networks lately, mainly because I want my roads to match the highway texture that I use; I assume that it's Shadow Assassin's with the smaller reflectors and the white line on the left.  (am I right?)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

The_Wind

oth3ll0112

Excellent work on this project and can't wait for the release.This will definetly bring more realism to the game
.Keep up the supurb work. &apls

Toichus Maximus

Quote from: The_Wind on November 08, 2007, 06:05:10 PM
this is so making my X-mas wishlist "$Deal"$
You can say that again. I seriously cannot wait.

jplumbley

Quote from: nerdly_dood on November 08, 2007, 01:49:05 PM
This work is AMAZING people, but there is one problem with the North American textures.  I like the yellow line on the left, but I really don't like the reflectors.  If the textures were precisely to scale, driving over them would produce a very unpleasant jolt, as opposed to the gentle bump that we actually feel.  I have been considering implementing the European texture mod for all networks lately, mainly because I want my roads to match the highway texture that I use; I assume that it's Shadow Assassin's with the smaller reflectors and the white line on the left.  (am I right?)

Hey nerdly, Rickmastfan is doing an awesome job with the textures, he is taking some painstaking time into producing only the best quality.  Unfortunately, with the scale of SC4 you cannot accurately scale the reflectors and some people feel it is an essential part of the RHW.  Luckily, for you someone is doing a Euro Texture (Shadow Assassin)...  The only way textures are going to be updated to something you like is if you make it yourself  ;) because everyone has their own opinion.

Street Addon Mod - SAM