• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filasimo

our famous saying.......It will be released when released and its sooner that you think!  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

figui

wow, this is getting better every time i visit this thread!!
the latest pics shown are great.

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

thundercrack83

This just keeps getting better and better, guys! My mouth is watering!

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Back with another little sneak peek at things.  I've been working on getting some more intersections added in for the MIS.  Here's one that many people have requested: an intersection with the OWR 3x3 Roundabouts.  The setup is fully draggable as well--all you'll need to do is drag the MIS ramps from their respective Exit/Entrance starter pieces, and hook them in.  (It will also be possible to hook the RHW-2 in as well.)

And Filasimo is right . . . it's sooner than you think.  Well, unless of course, you're thinking it's getting released tomorrow, then it's later than you think.  We've still got a fair amount to add, but it's coming along very nicely. :) 

I've also got some more further developments which aren't really that exciting to show, unless you can tell small differences in RUL code, but those will greatly aid certain things to come.

Hope you enjoyed this update, and I will be back with much more here soon.

-Alex (Tarkus)

quackmofro

This is really something to behold. My one complaint about SimCity from the beginning was not being able to make realistic highway systems and interchanges. For some reason, U.S. highways and highway structure has fascinated me since childhood, so this is incredibly superb. Thanks for all the work that you've put in to it. The MIS is going to transform SC4.

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

Sweet! The direction MIS -> roundabout needs a "no entry" sign, though. :) ArkenbergeJoe added two signs to the European highway exit; I think they are available as props in the NAM files, but I'm not sure if their size and orientation will work for the roundabout.
Andreas

Dexter

Quote from: Tarkus on November 11, 2007, 01:10:38 AM
Hi everyone-

Back with another little sneak peek at things.  I've been working on getting some more intersections added in for the MIS.  Here's one that many people have requested: an intersection with the OWR 3x3 Roundabouts.  The setup is fully draggable as well--all you'll need to do is drag the MIS ramps from their respective Exit/Entrance starter pieces, and hook them in.  (It will also be possible to hook the RHW-2 in as well.)

And Filasimo is right . . . it's sooner than you think.  Well, unless of course, you're thinking it's getting released tomorrow, then it's later than you think.  We've still got a fair amount to add, but it's coming along very nicely. :) 

I've also got some more further developments which aren't really that exciting to show, unless you can tell small differences in RUL code, but those will greatly aid certain things to come.

Hope you enjoyed this update, and I will be back with much more here soon.

-Alex (Tarkus)

That looks great! The only thing is that it needs some signs, and the road should be more curved to increase the exit speed, and prevent traffic from travelling the wrong way.

Sort of like this:

I would make textures, but I don't have the textures/files.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

Shadow Assassin

Well, these would be prototypes, so Tarkus will most likely pass them on to Rickmastfan to finish up and match up to his RHW textures. I'll be doing the same with my mod.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Meastro444

dr00l!

love it man ;) i hope it is released with X-Mas ;)
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Tarkus

I like your idea on that Dexter--usually I've seen some sort of channelization on ramps exiting onto roundabouts, so that makes sense.  Though that ramp on the top side should probably curve the other direction, as right now, it's heading right into oncoming traffic. ;)

Signage and various little details will get added eventually, closer to release, though at the moment, I'm trying to just get everything functioning from the RUL/Pathing end before putting all of that in.  As jplumbley confirmed a couple of days ago, RHW v20 is currently in the initial testing stages (it's a rough Alpha build right now), so it's coming along, but we've still got a little way to go.  As far as Christmas goes, Meastro . . . we'll see. ;)

Thanks for the pointer on that No Entry sign, Andreas--I think that will definitely make a nice addition.  Also, burgsabre87 provided me a very nice looking US/Canada-style merge sign which will work well the Entrance ramps back onto the RHW. 

At the moment, I'm doing a last little bit of RULing before I go to bed (it's 3:20am here in Oregon  :D).  Trying to get the Avenue/MIS intersections functioning. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

cammo2003

Quote from: Tarkus on November 11, 2007, 03:21:05 AM
I like your idea on that Dexter--usually I've seen some sort of channelization on ramps exiting onto roundabouts, so that makes sense.  Though that ramp on the top side should probably curve the other direction, as right now, it's heading right into oncoming traffic. ;)

Heh, nice catch. :D

Christmas/New Year's would be good, as it puts release around 6 months since the previous NAM release. But again, don't rush it. Though I'm getting anxious (and planning a couple of regions for future RHW implementation), I'd rather a delayed release that turns out awesome than an earlier one that's buggy.

jayo

I'm back

Starmanw402007

I agree, Awesome stuff gang, Looking forward to the release. ()stsfd()

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

jgehrts

Quote from: Tarkus on November 11, 2007, 03:21:05 AM

Or rather, have the pavement markings switched around and the curve remain the same - I would imagine the top ramp is an onramp and the bottom is an offramp.

Ryan B.

Quote from: Andreas on November 11, 2007, 02:08:26 AM
Sweet! The direction MIS -> roundabout needs a "no entry" sign, though. :) ArkenbergeJoe added two signs to the European highway exit; I think they are available as props in the NAM files, but I'm not sure if their size and orientation will work for the roundabout.
I'll take care of that.  I've already made one sign for this (which y'all will soon see).

thundercrack83

You guys think of everything! This is going to be so ridiculously insane when it's all said and done! Excellent job, everyone! Excellent job!

Pat

OK someone owe's me a new keyboard as i just slimmed this one eeeeeeeeeeew!!! Wonderful and fantastic stuff here y'all........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

Quote from: patfirefghtr on November 11, 2007, 10:47:05 AM
OK someone owe's me a new keyboard as i just slimmed this one eeeeeeeeeeew!!! Wonderful and fantastic stuff here y'all........

Eeeewww patfirefghtr!  I didn't need to know that.

Anyways, Ive been following the updates and what I have seen looks great!  No comments on these, just continue to do what you do best  :thumbsup:

Crissa

Couldn't we do that roundabout at a smaller scale?

-Crissa