• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

Quote from: Tarkus on November 13, 2007, 03:06:31 PM
Let's get back on topic now, shall we?   ;)

Intersection RULs are coming along on the MIS.  Here's some of the options you'll have with intersecting Avenues with MIS ramps orthogonally (please excuse my thrown-together prototype textures ;)):

Didn't I already send you some textures I had created for this section?

*100th Post @ SC4D*   ;D  :D

Tarkus

Ryan, you did indeed do some textures with the Avenue intersections, but they were from back when the MIS was still puzzle-piece based and had a different ramp texture.  If you or Heblem want to take a crack at it, I can send you the relevant files. :)  There's prototypes on the OWR intersections and the Road T-Intersections as well.

And congrats on your 100th post! :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ryan B.

I'll take whatever you've got, Alex.  I think I can do a good transition between the avenue and ramp pieces.

Palpatine001

Ummm would someone be very nice to me and possibly send the prototype textures my way

I am in the middle of lotting and BATing the new MIS roundabout fillers and intersection props with a distinct Kiwi Flavour added.

Need a week testing the sets out before I look at releasing them.

Anycase Alex and the Team  :thumbsup: &apls
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Haljackey

I wouldn't mind having a wack at the textures myself, believe it or not!

I never knew the MIS would include all this stuff!   :o

debutterfly

I have a few suggestions for the texturerers for later releases. I always see right turn lanes that merge with ongoing traffic. That might be nice for the NAM/NWM after the next. here's a link to what i'm talking about. Link[url=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=indianapolis&ie=UTF8&ll=39.758433,-86.142769&spn=0.006079,0.009978&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1&layer=t]Linkie[url=http://] also I love the work you've done so far. Also I'm wanting to learn more about RUL's. I'm a programmer (computer science major) and all that. I've got the basic premisis but would like a couple of semi completed RULs to play around with. And again keep up the great work...Also don't tell me that'll be out sooner than you think. ;) It misleads people and they start to guess...well like me. but i always love surprises. :thumbsup:

el_cozu

I hope somebody would explain me what's a MIS (modular interchange system)... and maybe some images i could find somewhere...

:P

oh... another thing... are there gonna be some custom interchanges for this RHW?... and RHW overpases....

--------

Here's a suggestion for a new mod... how about underpases... instead of making tunnels and stuff... how about highway underpasses...

thundercrack83

Hello, el_cozu!

Welcome to SC4D! I would suggest that you page back through this thread and have a look around at all the remarkable things going on here. I think it will shed some light on your questions, as well as pique your interest!

el_cozu

thanks i get it now... good stuff man... that's what i wanted to see for a long time... customized interchanges ;)

i know there's a project about a TLA going on... is it released yet?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: el_cozu on November 13, 2007, 08:52:11 PM
i know there's a project about a TLA going on... is it released yet?

No, the TLA isn't released yet.  However, you can track it's progress in this thread: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1200.0
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Starmanw402007

Tarkus, thanxs for those updated photos. You guys are doing a Awesome Job on them! Keep up the great work!

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

Tarkus

Finally got this working again . . .

Just to prove it doesn't just go "one way". :D

Also, one more announcement.   ;)

The current method of creating the RHW-4, through a side-by-side ANT override, will be completely phased out in RHW v20.  The only method of producing the RHW-4 in RHW v20 will be through the new "puzzle drag" method, which works just like the SAM and Draggable GLR.  The primary reason for this change is to simplify the drawing process, and to make it far more stable.  A new IID scheme is also being implemented for the network, but there will be measures in place to allow for your side-by-side-produced RHWs to still function, and RULs will be written to allow for easy update of the old RHWs to the new setup. 

Back with even more very soon . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

yummie Alex that is just wonderful stuff you got there!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

Quotebut there will be measures in place to allow for your side-by-side-produced RHWs to still function, and RULs will be written to allow for easy update of the old RHWs to the new setup.

Keep in mind, though, it might be a good idea to encourage people to re-draw their RHWs anyway, because it'd be more convenient. Have you thought about keeping the IID scheme the same for the old version and the new (or would there be huge RUL conflicts?)?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Tarkus on November 15, 2007, 11:19:25 PM
Finally got this working again . . .

Might want to use the correct texture for that Alex.  :P  The Reflectors are going the wrong way because you mirrored the piece that was meant for entering the RHW system from the OWR, not leaving. :P
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

bat

Wonderful progress!! :thumbsup: Looking forward to more of it!

Starmanw402007

I agree with the Last Poster here. Those are wonderful progress you got there. Keep'em Coming!

Your Friend;
Your Friend;

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________