• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debutterfly

Can you list what will be in the NWM/NAM/RHW modd (ex. TLA-5)? I love the work. Keep it up.

thundercrack83

Great progress, Alex!

Keep it up, my friend!

Palpatine001

Nice work there indeed Alex :thumbsup:

Yeah saw the minor hiccup with the reflectors but oh well

Now time for me to get back BATing all the signs
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Ryan B.

You're not the only one who's been BATing signs, Palpatine . . . . I'm sure you'll see what I mean soon.  :)

Palpatine001

Cool should provide the members with a mix of the USA version and the New Zealand version of RHW signage.

Going to be interesting to see indeed.

Actually this will be very interesting as I use Photoshop CS3 for the first time  ???
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

ssc4k

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

empyreal

Keep it up, i look forward to playing with it!

godjcjk12

Good job on the work on the NWM. Keep up the good work. You are all highly appreciated :thumbsup:.Just have to keep waiting I guess ()what(). About Wider RHW (6,8,10): Will it be able to go in diagonal directions? Does it have underpasses and overpasses? Will it work with the MIS? Will it be able to transfer to narrower RHW? TLA's: Will they be diagonal and have overpasses underpasses, and work with MIS as well?

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Thanks for the positive feedback.  Sorry things have been a bit slow here--I've been visiting family over the holiday and writing a paper for one of my classes, so Real Life hasn't been allowing "RUL Life". :D  RHW v20 is right now in its second Alpha build (A02) and testing has been going well.  A couple more Alpha builds and it should be at a releasable Beta stage.  Don't know how long that will take, though. ;)

godjcjk12, to answer your questions, the wider RHWs will be able to go diagonally upon release.  In fact, the diagonals are the primary issue that still needs to be worked out before the wider RHWs are released.  Right now, it is looking as if they will make it into RHW v21 (the version after next), though the RHW-6S may make a limited orthogonal-only appearance in RHW v20 to allow for accel/decel lanes on MIS ramps. 

The wider RHWs will definitely be interfaced with the MIS system, and it will be an extremely easy task since a good portion of the MIS features will already be in place with RHW v20.  It's mostly going to be an issue of making new ramp starter pieces, which will come in a variety of designs to allow for greater customization.  Allowing other networks to cross over the wider RHWs will just be an issue of making a few simple puzzle pieces.  Allowing wider RHWs to cross over other networks--well, I have a few interesting surprises planned on that end, which I think everyone will enjoy. ;)
Transferring between the widths will definitely be possible, through a variety of mechanisms. :)

As far as the TLAs, it's essentially the same situation on diagonals and under/overpasses, and there will be ways to interface them with the MIS as well--likely with intersections similar to the Avenue ones I've shown, though there may be a few other surprises on that end.  Actually, there's going to be a lot of surprises coming here soon. ;)

I'll be back with more soon.  My term at the university is over in just a little more than a week, so I'll have more time to crank out some new stuff.  Things are in good shape. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Starmanw402007

Thanks for the update Tarkus, I'll be looking forward for the next beta version to come out. keep Up the great work.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

sincitybaby

just remember my sims are stuck in traffic on the freeways and roads

just kidding...take your time ;D

dragonshardz

can't wait, can't wait.

good luck with the rest of your term, Tarkus, and hope Real Life doesn't intrude on RUL Life(c)*

*copyright to Tarkus of www.sc4devotion.com, November 25, 2007.

EDGE4194

Thanks Alex for the update. I don't post very often in this thread, but i do read each post. I want to thank you for
all the hard work you've put in to this, and for everything you contribute to this community.  &apls  &apls  &apls

j-dub

Great progress guys. Thanx for making on and off ramps for MIS.
Hello again, I have been doing make up work, on this. Its kind of an odd shaped lot.
Except for Azns lights at the end, and has CPs trucks, and the one lanes going in and out the lot. Thats not a seperate lot going out of the station with the on ramp. Don't worry, this not functional, but currently is just a Landmark not doing anything else as well. Pending a garage OR truck stop building. One of the two, for some reason the Maxis building doesn't show up, so how this saved at all, I don't know. But for some reason, theres some animated cars, 2 way traffic that occassionally show in the building's place, like they want to move but there stuck. :(

Detox06

Hey y'all. It's been quite a while since I've played SC4, and I'm just now putting it back onto my computer. I was just curious if anyone knows how much longer it is until a release on either the next NAM, or the NWM? Even tentative dates? Like how much is done and left?

Filasimo

as we always say itll be released when released  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Crissa

Glazert

Well, I have read all 50 pages of this thread over the last three days so I have begun to understand that the value of RHW + MIS is in its potential, not so much in what it is now. With next release (or a subsequent one) I should able to build roads like where the M80 (2 lanes in each carriageway) joins the M8 (3 lanes in each direction) in the centre of Glasgow, Scotland to form two carriageways each 5 lanes wide. Oh, and there are also other things going on at the junction (see Junction of M8 and M80 Glasgow, UK )

It is remarkable that soon you might make that possible.

debutterfly

"Don't care how I want it NOW!!"  We all know what happens to children who are impatient. WOMP WOMP...  ??? Watch the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory ;)...you'll get it after that.  :o

toxicpiano

Quote from: Glazert on December 02, 2007, 04:08:12 AM
Well, I have read all 50 pages of this thread over the last three days so I have begun to understand that the value of RHW + MIS is in its potential, not so much in what it is now. With next release (or a subsequent one) I should able to build roads like where the M80 (2 lanes in each carriageway) joins the M8 (3 lanes in each direction) in the centre of Glasgow, Scotland to form two carriageways each 5 lanes wide. Oh, and there are also other things going on at the junction (see Junction of M8 and M80 Glasgow, UK )

It is remarkable that soon you might make that possible.
ROADS!? WHERE WE'RE GOING WE WON'T NEED ROADS!!!
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.