• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on June 25, 2012, 11:44:12 PM
Guess who got a little love...!

Great job! Already saw your interchange in the Show us your thread. Very useful, those pieces.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

Gugu3

Those pieces are amazing SA!!!!If I rember well I saw a picture posted by you somwhere(I think at simtropolis) showing diagonal on slope pieces for roads and avenues...any chance to see similar pieces for the RHW?it's just a curiosity of course and I perfectly know that all of you NAMites act as "volounteers"... &apls &apls

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Gugu3 on June 26, 2012, 05:17:31 AM
Those pieces are amazing SA!!!!If I rember well I saw a picture posted by you somwhere(I think at simtropolis) showing diagonal on slope pieces for roads and avenues...any chance to see similar pieces for the RHW?it's just a curiosity of course and I perfectly know that all of you NAMites act as "volounteers"... &apls &apls

It is a possibility, but the modding and modelling process for RHW on-slopes is slightly different so at this point they won't be done until Project 57 is finalised. I say this because I'm not sure if the specifications will call for diagonal starter drags to be integrated.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

AngryBirdsFan436

Hello? Are you guys creating a RHW-6S/8S/10S inner ramp? There's only an RHW-4 inner ramp so we can't make a basketweave interchange with RHWs wider than RHW-4.
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

MandelSoft

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on June 26, 2012, 06:51:08 AM
Hello? Are you guys creating a RHW-6S/8S/10S inner ramp? There's only an RHW-4 inner ramp so we can't make a basketweave interchange with RHWs wider than RHW-4.
Calm down, please. These things take time. Besides, we have a gazillion things on our to-do list too, so be patient...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on June 26, 2012, 06:51:08 AM

Actually you can make them wider than that. Using RHW-6S or RHW-8S to dual RHW-4 transitions (splitters) will enable you to make 2 lane connections from the left side of your RHW.
-Also you can make connections from the right, but that involves going under or over your collector lanes. It can be done, and is a much safer design anyway. :P

Great work SA! That two lane FAR ramp looks fantastic!

Shadow Assassin

Two more pics, ladies, and then I'm off to bed.

RHW-8S F2 ramp:

RHW-4 F1 ramp:
New Horizons Productions

noahclem

RHW-4 F1s as well  :o  So many sorely needed pieces it's like Christmas around here  ;)

mike3775

I am drooling over those new exit ramps. 

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions

gn_leugim

Nice work :)  &apls

I haven't had much time lately, but I on the way texturing that bridge ;)

epicblunder

All the FAR exits look great, can't wait to get my hands on them.   :thumbsup:

Speaking of bridges, are you guys including bridges for additional networks (like -6 and -8) in this release or is that somewhere on the future to-do list?

Gugu3

Great work SA!! &apls!those entrances/exits look amazing!!!I started using the FAR pieces recently but already love them!!!Very nice job!!!are you planning to create some more puzzle pieces?don't want to make pressure,but I'm interested in the development..it stimulates me about imagine new interchanges and possibilities for my RHWs :D

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Gugu3 on June 27, 2012, 03:12:04 PM
are you planning to create some more puzzle pieces?

I know I am... Tedious, but I got the time... Additionally, I had a brainwave last night... Let's just say... "Transition all the things."

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on June 24, 2012, 08:14:24 PM

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jondor

Here's another teaser, part of a model overhaul project I've been working on for P57.  This is what the draggable 8S and 10S curves will look like:

(Click for full size.)

I always thought those old draggable curves were a little too abrupt.  It does take up a couple extra tiles, but it's well worth it.

And before anyone comments on the width of the median, there's simply no way around it.  The first version of the 8S diagonals I did had a narrower median (the same as two adjacent diagonal RHW-4s) and it was a complete disaster from every angle, clunky RULs, capacity and pathing issues.  This version is stable, elegant, potentially portable to the NWM and pretty much finalized.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jondor on June 27, 2012, 08:53:15 PM
Here's another teaser, part of a model overhaul project I've been working on for P57.

About time, too. ;D

[Cue the droolfest.]
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Gugu3

Nice transition Ganaram!! &apls Very useful!!!and jondor...amazing curves!!!I agree with you that the old ones look a little too abrubt..are you planning to make something for the 6s,too??

AngryBirdsFan436

Hello. But I have a problem with the RHW4 Toll Booth. It only appears as a grass lot with the Toll booth on it. The problem appears that there's no RealHighwayMod_LotEditorTextures.dat in the RHW installation folder (It worked on 4.0). Please fix it because I like it so much!
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on June 28, 2012, 01:07:42 AM
Hello. But I have a problem with the RHW4 Toll Booth. It only appears as a grass lot with the Toll booth on it. The problem appears that there's no RealHighwayMod_LotEditorTextures.dat in the RHW installation folder (It worked on 4.0). Please fix it because I like it so much!

The RHW-x are a 3rd part creation and the owner is Fluggi; contact him on Simtropolis for info.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!