• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dragon Islands Cities

Started by Skimbo, June 06, 2010, 10:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

I certainly did! As for the ploppable beach stuff, check out Heblem's uploads on the STEX. He has some tropical beach props, they might not fit well in every city but since there are no alternatives, you should try putting them in yours :P
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

RickD

Great update again. That is a cool location for a high rise area. The park with the statue is a nice detail.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Skimbo

Replies

@io_bg, RickD: Thank you, guys =)

U36

Heyho and welcome to the thirtysixth entry of my CJ Dragon Islands.

Sorry, Again that my updates got so rare at the last time but modding CXL and haveing some tests in school made it not very easy to find some time to play SC4.

We are at Shì Luna Rail station right now....

Today we are going to follow a train along it's 1:30 hrs ride from Shì Lùna to shì Shuixi. The vehicle is owned by Hydra rail Corp(HR) their colours are wite and blue.

But they've provided something more special for our ride than their usual 1435mm gauge version of E257 series. They even took out of their museum. A Skinkansen 0 series train.

And now we are on board, riding through the city... I know, you already know this motive but I just like it...

The train heads out of the city, first part of our route is the same as we already took with a TDR E321 a couple of updates ago... nevertheless some nice motives can be found along the tracks....

There are two tunnels along the first kilometers of the route, that was the first one...

Some might remember this bridge :D

(Another place I can't get enough of^^)

And the second tunnel...

Heading along the coast...

That's the first part of the "Long bridge" it conects the dragon Island with a smaller isle to the southwest. This bridge survived the independence war, the other part had to be replaced because of huge bomb destruction.

The train passes a small island, another peacheful island without inhabitants.

The second part of the long bridge.

Now the tracks lead through the industrial area of the city Lòng Quiao, the city center can be found to the south on the other side of this mountain, the main line does not go there.

Freight and passenger rail station "Lòng quiao" The spechial train does not stop here, it would be too long anyways.

Now we pass Crystal Bridge.

Another tunnel, another city boarder(already crossed 4 of them) and the train rides over this overpass. The road below is part of the highway A3, but not the main highway, the connection to Shì zài lòng yán.

And now HR main line unites itself with Shuixi rapid transit line 1(to the city named aboth)

Another city boarder, straight here, otherwhise we would run along West Dragon Islands rail.

Traffic on the A3 is very low at the moment, too less cities buildt along it right now...

Now the tracks unite again, this time with the southbound end of West Dragon Islands rail.

The railline runs along the highway A3.

Passes Shuixi bridge.

And runs don into the suburbs of the young city.

Rideing through some smaller stations...

...over a viaduct...

...along a railyard...

....into the core of the city....

Shuixi Central Station... The end of our journey.

Our JR0 is going to have a rest at the old rail depod during the next updates, we might pick it again to have a ride along West Dragon Islands rail one day....

The Trackmap.

(Yellow) City names
(green) Names of the other routes.
(red) names of bridges

My favorite!

I hope yo've enjoined this update, greetings from Shì Shuixi, Skimbo.

Nextup: Some impressions of Shi Shuixi, I don't know exactly what so let's see =)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

RickD

I hope my comments aren't getting too boring but what can I say other than: Awesome!  &apls
Pic 5 looks almost photo-realistic.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Girafe

Excellent MD  &apls &apls
I like the way you use railway and train  :thumbsup:

what's the water mod you use ?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Biriali

It's always a blast looking in your MD  :thumbsup:
Very nice (and very realistic) work.
Mind if I ask where you got those entrances to your rail-tunnels? They look so much better than the default maxis ones
Nemo sobrius saltaret

Battlecat

Gorgeous work as always!  Love how you're using the wide curves and stuff!  It all fits together beautifully!

noahclem

I love your bridges, tunnels, wide-radius curve, and NWM usage! I forget what causes it but I know there's a way to fix the shadow errors under your bridges. I'd also agree that #5 is beautiful!

Skimbo

Some REPLIES

@RickD: You don't have to change the words for saying the same, thank you :) !

@Girafe: Thanks. I use Windjammer (by Pegasus)

@Birali: Thanks a lot :)
Here you go: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=17146

@Battlecat: Thank you!

@noahclem: thank you :) Would you be so cind as to provide a link or give me a hint where I can find the sollution for this problem? Thanks for that in advance.

io_bg

Another great update! The network layout is, as always, so realistic!

Skimbo

Replies

@io_bg: Thanks a lot =)

U37

Heyho and welcome to the thirtyseventh update of y CJ Dragon Islands.

This update will be seperated into two parts, the first one will accompany a tram line through the city, the second one will show you some pictures of Xinchéng qu "New City" one of the main districts of Shì Shuixi.

I think you remember the central station from the last update. We will follow the tramline 1 on it's way to President park (Zongtong gongyuán) at Land's end.
Linemap:

Shì Shuixì is a very dense city, a lot more highrises than at other cities.

This park is called Cuì niao yuán  (Kingfisher Park).

Shì Shuixì has (like Shì Luna) a park along the coastline.

The old city center.... Everything old is gone in the late 70's when a fire destroyed nearly the whole district.

Other side of the half island

Ride along the coastpark with it's alley.

That's the end of the line, at President park station.

Zoomed out a bit

Queen Victoria park at the other side of the half island.

zoomed abit out of the motives of pics 3 and 4

Now to xinchéng qu.
6 "dense" motives, because the word dense fits this district better than any other.

And a zoomout of the whole district and it's souroundings makes a conclusion to this update.

A small question: Wha does our JR0?
Some tecnical problems at 5 wagons forced me to send it to repair, this place is located at the other end of West DI rail.
So it will take us a couple of updates to reach it.

At least it's not alone.... A lot of HSR trains wait there for repair or service...

I hope you've enjoyed his update, greetings from Shì Shuixì, Skimbo.

Battlecat

Wow, fantastic urban center!  Beautiful selection of buildings in there.  The train station in the last shot is superb!

Nardo69

Well, this time here ... but I couldn't convince my DSL to load all the picture at Simforum - and it would have been a pity not to see them all.

Well, that's dense for sure. Love how the the tramway makes it way through the Skyscrape jungle. And nothing t nag one - I just had fun enjoying your update!

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Those were some fantastic pictures of your skyscraper jungle, as Bernhard so nicley put it above.  But I can't help to wonder if that is all grown or plopped.  Just curious to know.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

io_bg

Great urban development! Love the second pic from the bottom! &apls

Skimbo

Replies

@Battlecat: Thank you :) It's one of my first working Lots :D
@Nardo: Thanks a lot! :)
@rooker: It's about 96% grown, 1 corner bulding has to be plopped sometimes because it's growing version produces somehow empty lots ???
@io_bg: Thank you :)

U38

Heyho and welcome to the thirtyeight update of my CJ Dragon Islands.

Today I'm going to show you one of the two Shuixi rapid transit lines, the less frequented one. Line B is a cycle line running through 6 stations on the island, a huge piece of single track limitats the service to two similar operateing trains, but there is no need for more anyways because the line serves mostly suburbian only...

Let's start with the cycle shortly after Zhōngyāng chēzhàn.

At first we pass the rail depot....

Than a curve...

Exit Yùdìng nòng station.

Pass along the coastline....

Ximéng jie... A small zoo is located here as well.

A bridge that raises questions?....

Yes... We're still at Shì Shuixì... passing through another nature protection area. The coastroad has even been removed here...

Next stop: Shítou cun... The "rock" in the name of the village is more like a cliff....

Passing along some gardens....

Prepairing to meet HR main line.... The express seems to be late... We have to wait.

Heading to the next stop:

Dà alì.

We will reach the downtown soon..

Where is the train?

Passing over Dà alì avenue.

Guwù shìchang Station.

Some rocks and trees survived the city expansion in the middle of the tracks.

Arriveing at Zhongyang chezhàn....

Zhongyang chezhàn.

Of course I've got a linemap as well.
Line B (green)
Line A (red)
HR and West DI express (grey)

24B

I've prepaired some night pics too due I somehow forgot to make some last time....

The first ones are taken at Xinchéng qu again, the last two are located next to Zhongyang chezhàn and the "old" city center.

I hope you've enjoyed this update again, greetings, Skimbo.

travismking

yet another wonderful update :) I really enjoy this MD

nbvc

Great update. &apls Picture 7 is my favorite.

io_bg

Another fantastic update! The bridge in pics 10 and 11 is quite interesting although it would cost a lot to build ;D

Skimbo

Replies

@travismking: Thank you :)
@nbvc: Thanks a lot! :)
@io_bg: This bridge was not planned, it was a idea that came into my mind during building this small str-railline back there. Thank you for your comment as well :)

U38

Heyho and welcome to the thirtyninth update of my CJ Dragon Islands.

Today we will take a ride on SRT line A from Shiguan jiē to Shì zài lóng yàn. SRT line A serves only eight stations, six at Shì Shuixì and two at Shì zài lóng yàn. The distance between the sixth and seventh station is very long.

That's one of the two small british styled terminal stations, it's architecture is the same as the one of it's "twin" at Shì zài lóng yàn. Shiguan jiē can be translated as "Embassy road" The British embassy is the only thing left from colonial times, it's still the same building as it was back then and the road is called after it.

At first our train passes a ramp between the backyards of many houses to reach the heigh of the following viaduct.

Train in the concrete jungle.

Some of you might remember this station from the update that followed one of the tramlines back then....

Now our train reaches another ramp, the city scool is next to it.

The single track to the right leads to the depot.

Well... here again... (I'm running out of motives with this station.....) Some express trains are running nonstop from here to the end of line A during rush hour. Line A runs paralelle to line B now....

whoops?! This one is new. Line B does not stop here... Why? Because it uses the tracks on the other side of the depot in the middle....

The next two stations are already known from the B(Cycle) Line update.

Now we're going different ways again. At first we pass Shuixi Bridge.

Than some nice forests

A highway and rail intersection (A3 X A3-Shì zài lóng yàn-local&HR-Main x DI-West)

Then we reach Shì zài lóng yàn....

....And it's first station Lín deng jie.

Then the trains rides through the city, everytime on ground level, Railroad crossings are rare. (Not needed, no dense road traffic, no dense rail traffic)
The small track leaving below is a local route served by a small JR150 diesel railcar.

Finally we arrive at Shì zài lóng yàn central station.

Our today's vehicle:
Tokyu 5000 series (5808)

And a small routemap. Don't get confused :D

I hope you've enjoined this update, greetings, Skimbo :)