• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

That region is very realistic. I love it :D

thundercrack83

"The Evolution of 3RR" never ceases to amaze me every time you post it. The hand-terraforming of 256 large city tiles, the hand-drawn contour map--your level of skill is astounding, and only surpassed by your amount of patience. Outstanding.

Badsim

Hi David ,

I simply can't imagine me opening 256 large city tiles ... colossal work : I would have pay someone for that ! :D
I'm following candidacies , and wish you all success that this deserve . &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Darmok

Finally have some free time on my lunch hour!
So I just thought I'd drop by to say hello!
The collaborative process is well started, lots of applicants!
If at the end you're left with a small city and a rural sector (preferably near one another) I think I could try my hand at it.
I don't want to steal anybody place though! Any "out of the way" or recluse sector would do fine by me.

Back to work now, already late by 15 minutes!!!! Yikes!

Take care my friend

-John
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

Kokopelli

Wow. It was a busy weekend in 3RR. I want to see how this collaberation works out. Most of your collaberators have produced great CJ/MDs. This should be a real treat for all of us to see how this comes together.

Bob

Rayden

Quote from: dedgren on March 19, 2007, 07:44:08 AM

In mid October, 2006, 3RR stood here- a region four quads by four (although it was divided a bit differently).

Took me about a month. 

And what achievement that was! Only possible to someone called David Edgren. $%Grinno$%

Cheers
Silvio

beskhu3epnm

Despite all of the advances made by the mappers in this community, this map proceeds to rise above the rest in the following categories:
1. Size (the largest map I have available is 12x12)
2. Effort (spending a month on fine-terraforming 4097x4097 pixels qualifies as astounding)
3. Detail (All the USGS detail in the world is no match for someone's vision)
4. Realism (Considering it is not a RL location)
5. Appearance

I couldn't imagine spending that much time on a map... I don't know that it would be appreciated without the MD to go along with it!

+ =

Time to witness the greatest collaboration since... (insert collaboration here).

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

tkirch

David,

3RR has given all of us such great inspiration.  Heck I even used it in my own development.  I love the idea of the collaboration and would like to be involveds also.

As being a person that loves to develop farms I have to throw in for the following:

14-11-13

Thanks Todd

GMT

heya my friend.
long time, no see...

now I know how you made the map.
simple yet hard work...

waiting for more interesting updates here

... really, it is. I swear.

mightygoose

4,5,8... any ghetto type space would be perfect...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

pvarcoe

ya, you know, like I just opened 256 large city tiles, oh, I don't know, maybe 5 or 6 times EACH.
No big deal, you know, all in the interests of a little terraforming :-\

Man o Man, you are too noncholant about the process; and too humble.
What a massive undertaking. I loved your overview of the process.
I hope everyone can appreciate just how much work that is.

And the results speak for themselves.
Hurculean effort and well done David!

M4346

What Pvarcoe said! :P

I'm having trouble, or am lacking inspiration rather, to open about 230 medium city tiles only once!  ???

Either way, I am incredibly grateful that you are not as, uhm, uninspired as I am, and that I and others can enjoy the fruits of your labour!  ;D

Looking forward to some more 3RR news and info!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

I know i know im a slacker lol well ok not slacker but
hey it was late i was signing off and noticed a New member Enzo to our
community and couldnt leave him hanging at late at night lol.

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Gaston

David,
    Please do not feel you need to rush with the tutorial.     I can wait as long as need be for you excellent work.    Thanks for taking the time to educate me.     I sure need it.    ::)    I have been using the time and the knowledge you have given me so far to modify the canals by maximac, located on a French site (Toutsimcity). [ LINKIE ]    You see, I really don't like palm trees.   So I just went in using Lot Editor, and removed them and put in seasonal trees.   Just like you showed us how to do.    ;D     Now I have a set of canals without palm trees and with seasonal trees that actually change with the seasons.     :thumbsup:   I'd show you pictures but I am having a hard time uploading anything to imageshack.   Guess I need more education.     :D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Cali

The collaboration is a wonderful idea, and i wish the best for all of you participating :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

thundercrack83

Well, we're already close to No. 800 here, and it seems like it was only yesterday we were at 700. I forgot to mention when you got to post number 756 that you've broken Hank Aaron's record, which begs the question...

Is 3RR on steroids?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next part of the tutorial, or whatever you will have in store for us in the next update!

Pat

Hey David,
Ok I know im only 2 butttttttttt hey what the Hay!!!!!!!

So if at least none other at least i did the 11200th pg view lol - pat

BTW only 4 more post till 800 lol darn i dont think im getting that either lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Tarkus

I think everyone's afraid to post so close to #800 . . . heck, I lurked for 30 minutes. :D  Well, here's #797 . . . 3 to go.

I also have to concur with Gaston--take your time with the tutorial.  And even after following 3RR-ST and the process there, I'm still amazed at your "upsizing" of 3RR . . . my mouth gapeth open . . .  :o

-Alex

PS: And BigSlark, it may not be cheating if they end up in a certain other "approved" mod, as has been proposed a few times . . .  ;)

Giligone

Hand drawn contour lines?!?!  :o Thats insane. You sir, are a mad man. haha. But the results speak for themselves.  ;D Looking forward to more!

dedgren

Well, it's only been about a month...

QuoteWe'll be back in a day or two with the next section of this tutorial, during which we'll introduce new varieties of trees and create a completely forested woods.

When I read that last line of the previous section in the process of getting things together for today's post, I was a bit embarrassed, seeing as how "a day or two" has turned into one short of 30.  But I guess we've done a few other things during that time...  Nobody appears to be bored waiting, in any event.

Today we'll do the third section of Part Two of our ongoing tutorial.  This will wrap up dealing with the Lot Editor ("LE").  In Part Three, we'll move on to using the Ilive Reader ("Reader") to fully customize and detail our newly created lots.

This post continues from section three of Part Two of the tutorial, which is found here [linkie].

Now, as you'll recall, we were in the process of creating a 12x12 seasonal woods lot.  We had started with a 1x1 lot with one of cycledogg's seasonal "Valley Oak" trees (which we call white oaks in 3RR) on it, then expanded that lot to 12x12.  Finally, using techniques we covered in Part Two, we "cloned" our oak tree several times and placed those new trees around the lot.

n.b.:  (3-20-07  6:45 a.m. AST  GMT-9)  Posting as I go.  As always, the pics will go up first, then the text.  If you're seeing this message... well, you know the drill.  DE

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax