• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JMyers Rural Retreat and Small Shops

Started by jmyers2043, February 22, 2007, 06:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

Hello ky72x

It sounds like you are trying to install them to a different folder during the process. That works fine if there is only one building or lot that deploys to a single folder. But there are three farms that extract to three different folders. Each one going to a specific appropriately named folder. That over rides your attempt to deploy them elsewhere. Look in Plugins\BSC\farms\Jmyers. You should see them there. You can move or delete as you see fit. 

The farms that are called Vol01 and 02 are my first farms packages from two years ago. They are not the dairy series.

Good Luck  :)
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ky72x

Thanks, I figured it out.  I share the computer with my parents, and I think that the files were installed in their folder.  This has happened before with other BSC lots, but I forgot all about it this time.  $%Grinno$%

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

- Kyle

jacqulina

wonderfull work on the dirty industry james  &apls &apls

jmyers2043

Three new water tower types for your rural regions and small towns. The Pedesphere, the Torospherical, and that icon of water towers, the Riveted Metal Tank. These are about the same size (give or take a few meters) as the Maxis water tower .  The Maxis water tower holds 2.400 gallons of water. The Pedesphere (upper left) tower holds holds 4,700 - the Torosphere (upper right) holds 6,000 - and the (lower) Riveted Metal tanks hold 1,900 gallons of water.

These Water Towers are in the hands of the scrutineers today and could be in one of your cities in two to three weeks.

jayo

oo-Nice watertowers  ()stsfd() I might use the second one-Looks shmexy  :P
I'm back

SC4BOY

just an item of curiousity.. I think these are your lots if I read the doc's correctly.. I had arid industries and checked my plugins.. I find arids extraction and arids industries.. have you by chance run these through XTool to see what level they would be on CAM?.. seem to have an awful lot of workers.. I think it grew on a low-density lot with about 5000 workers.. I'm not complaining, just curious.. I'm not even sure where I downloaded em.. Thx

xxdita

SC4boy - Arids Extraction was by fukuda, a BLam/TSC member, and available on the STEX.
JMeyers - The water towers are looking quite nice. Gives a small town some good options.

jacqulina

Fledgeling

JM what difference will I have with a the diary and hay farms on a non-cam game compared to one with cam?

jmyers2043

Hi Fledgeling

No difference. The Hay farms grow as a stage 2 and the Dairy farms grow at stage 3. The farms will grow in either version of the game.  The Hay farm has the same chance to grow as your other stage 2 farms ... and the dairy farms have the same chance to grow as your other stage 3 farms.

One thing to note about the CAM compared to Rush Hour. When you start a new region in Rush Hour you will have a number of stage 1 farms that grow. You will get a few stage 2 farms as your city progresses. Then you will get to a point where the game will choose to grow a stage 3 farm 70% of the time at the expense of the first two. I used to compensate by loading up my plugins with a lot of stage 3 farms for variety. The CAM made an adjustment and the farm stages grow more equally. And that is good as there is now more variety through all phases of your game play.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Fledgeling

I see. thank you for taking the time to clear that up, i appreciate it.

paroch

Hi JMyers,

Only just discovered this thread.  I think you know how much I use and like your creations.

And you commented on the farm in my Custom Lot thread and now I've only just realised it was your farm barn building...... 'doh.

So a BIG thanks for those farms, they grow loads in my more rural tiles and I think they're all awesome.

I'll check in here more often now!

Regards,

Paul

SC4BOY

Quote from: xxdita on January 08, 2008, 01:13:33 AM
SC4boy - Arids Extraction was by fukuda, a BLam/TSC member, and available on the STEX.
JMeyers - The water towers are looking quite nice. Gives a small town some good options.

Thanks for that note.. Sorry about the mistake.. Myers may have simply been credited as his name was in the doc's.. my bad.. ;)

Back to the thread:

Those are very nice watertowers.. I'll definitely add em.. they make a nice complement to the "themed" towers.. I think by Simgoober..

jmyers2043

These two dirty industrials are now in the hands of the BSC Scrutineering team. They grow at stages 2 and 3. There is also a CAM version that grows at stage 4. They are primarily early growers. And grow at or about the same time as the Maxis MPR Metals.

Coming to a city in your region in two to three weeks.

Reese Manufacturing

Simmons Industrials

rushman5

I love the curved roof.  Still waiting fo the watertowers, but this is a nice addition that will be coming: to a LEX near you. . .

flame1396

Yum. Industrials are always nice to get more of.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Hogmeister

These dirty industrials are real classics  :thumbsup: more variety here is sorely needed
Building Better Buildings Better

SC4BOY

Aye.. those are a couple of "spiffy" new little points of interest.. nice details..

Fledgeling

Awesome. Anything that competes with MPR metals is a winner in my book.

pvarcoe

Those two are really well done.
Can't wait, and thanks!