• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

astounding process. another worthy addition to the game... will EDIT my post here with some of my progress, congrats bat
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Giligone

Lovely fields David. I seem to have missed that lengthy post when  I replied last time  :-[ lol. The basic textured approach seems to work very well I think. No need to hammer in a nail with a sledgehammer eh? Anyway,I wish Heather the best and a speedy recovery. Looking forward to more! :satisfied:

dragonshardz

Argh! 4 posts too late!  :D Great going bat.

Yoman

Was reading through this (ever extending post :P New textures look awesome). When I saw David say this.

QuoteThis gives me some concern that mightygoose's incredible efforts to create BATs of something so tiny might be an effort that is far out of proportion to any benefit that might be gained.  One thing I do think is that, as opposed to BATting those individual little squares, it might be worthwhile to look at a series of low, roughly textured concentric rings.  Just a thought from a non-BATter.

And I thought, well don't seem like too much of a hassle, let me see what I can do.

And after about 3 minutes of cheap google textures and less than 30 seconds in 3dsmax heres what I came up with.

Might save you the hassle of creating hundreds of textures David, although they do look awesome.

Oh and another idea. Threestooges, perhaps you should render that crop circle water thing (forget the exact name :P Shoot me). On a few different angles to provide variety. Just an idea.

Seems you've already done it  :thumbsup:

threestooges

-Yoman: Those fields look great. Were the ridges of the field part of the model or a result of the texture?

As far as the irrigation models go, if you are referring to the pipes that extend over the field (the CPI system), I have actually made both the new and old looking ones at three different angles (regular, 30 degrees, and 60 degrees). I can certainly make more if the need arises, but there are a few variations available now. Just saw your edit above.

thundercrack83

Those fields look wonderful, Yoman! And who said the 3RR collaboration hasn't begun yet?

Yoman

Threestooges - The model itself is actually about 51 pieces. 50 tube shapes (getting progressively smaller) and one cylinder to act as the dirt underneath. So if you looked at it very up close, you could deduce that the tubes are .15 higher than the cylinder. Besides, I could never make a texture that well. I just found the first on I saw on google :P

EDIT - just realized that bottom cylinder ain't needed, can just use a dirt base texture  ;D

Dustin - Thanks  ;D

EDIT 2 -

Yucky up close ain't it :P Anyone could really do this model in about 30 seconds flat.

bat

Yes, wonderful fields there, Yoman! Great work! :thumbsup:

Heblem

Nice crop circles... hope all those "collaborations" can be included to the game  :thumbsup:

threestooges

I hope I'm not running too many of these projects at any one time, but I thought I'd show some progress on the grain elevator front. It's not too creative (does it look familiar?) but it seems to fit the bill. Just wanted to get a design check before texturing, etc. starts.

-Edit- I went ahead and textured the thing. The original can still be seen here (I actually have a BAT thread now).

bat

That's looking very nice, threestooges! Looking forward to more of it... ;)

Yoman

Looking excellent there  :)

Pat

Matt, Yoman, and David some wonderful stuff here and great progress..... David hows Heater and the boys doing? Cant wait to see what further pops up in 3RR

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

David good to hear that Heather is doing well and I too look forward to see what this year holds for us all.......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

we look forward to the year ahead as much as you do, although with the scenery that surrounds you maybe you should spend more time outside :P
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

thundercrack83

Glad to hear that Heather is home safely, David! I hope she's recovering well from her surgery, too!

Best wishes to you and your family from Pennsylvania!

Dustin

Jmouse

Good news! Glad to hear Heather is doing well.
And love the grain elevator, BTW, even though I was kinda partial to those pink roofs! :P

Until next time...
Joan

Kokopelli

I'm glad to hear everything is okay. My prayers are with you both.

Bob

BigSlark

Its always a relief to hear that all is well.

Stay safe and healthy.

Cheers,
Kevin