• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC LEX Downloader

Started by wouanagaine, May 21, 2007, 11:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Right, im having trouble Donwloading Anything... it crashed when trying to dl the info or something for both the previously dl'ed cleanitol and the updated BSC Essentials, and also a newly added file

sorry to bring the bad news

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

Are you able to download the mentionned files directly from the LEX ?
It is weird, how does it crash ? Does it produce a log file ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

JoeST

Uh... I can download them from the LEX directly. It just hangs on the

Sorry, me being an total and utter n00b indeed, forgot to change the default destination after install, and it was trying to dl to c:\python or whatever it was, and didn't read the error telling me that this was the problem. maybe this would be a good time to update it to have a different default download location?

Sorry to bother you

on the topic of improving it could we have a logout button? and would it be atall possible to either order the lists in some way, or group them in minimizable groups, for example in there respective LEX groups?

Thanks for creating such an awesome tool

Joe

wouanagaine

Good to know everything is ok :)

And your ideas a great, but I'm a bit busy
The lists are sorted in the same way they are on the LEX however ( AFAIR )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

JoeST

well done on your 1k posts :D and what order is that? time of last download? or the order you downloaded them in? or just the id of the file?

Glad to here your busy  ;D :D ;D

Joe

freedo50

Hey wouanagaina, I'm currently having problems with the LEX Downloader; the program hangs just after I press "Download Selected". I can't work out why this would be, I've tried re-installing the downloader, but that made no difference. I have used the downloader on this PC before, but it doesn't seem to work anymore :/. I'm running on 32-bit Vista.
Thanks in advance for any help,

Fred

JoeST

And also.... a security issue... with the password store, could it be possible to store the hash of the password instead of the actual password... BIG security issue...

Joe

wouanagaine

Quote from: freedo50 on January 10, 2008, 09:37:24 AM
Hey wouanagaina, I'm currently having problems with the LEX Downloader; the program hangs just after I press "Download Selected". I can't work out why this would be, I've tried re-installing the downloader, but that made no difference. I have used the downloader on this PC before, but it doesn't seem to work anymore :/. I'm running on 32-bit Vista.
Thanks in advance for any help,

Fred
Stupid question, but isn't it the same problem as star.torturer ( ie non-existent destination folder ? )

Quote from: star.torturer on January 10, 2008, 09:44:00 AM
And also.... a security issue... with the password store, could it be possible to store the hash of the password instead of the actual password... BIG security issue...
Joe
Sorry I didn't think that my tool will be used on a public PC :(
I'll try to upload a patch

New Horizons Productions

freedo50

No, that's definitely not the problem, I made a point of going to the config.ini and changing it to the correct destination, and it still just hangs at the same place.

Fred

EDIT: Just tried again, but this time I scrolled through the list a bit and unchecked one download and it's working! I dunno if that was what fixed or whether it was just being temperamental, but it's sorted now.

mightygoose

er how do i clear my download history and start afresh... i want to make sure o dont miss anything because its already in my history.... plus you lose the option to add to list a second time....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

JoeST

you have to manualy remove each download on the download history page of the LEX

Joe

CasperVg

The LEX Downloader is a great program. The download history page seems to be a tad unorganized though. Various downloads appear in the list twice, or even three times and there isn't any system that 'orders' the downloads (not alphabetized, ...). Are there plans to update the Downloader?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

HandsOn

Great tool, but like on-site, as Caspervg says, organisation could do with some improvement. Sorting download history, at least by date, seems to me an absolute must. A find function would be great, but that's icing on the cake.

There is one other thought: Cleanitol produces - at times - a list & links of missing dependencies. So, why not make that list exportable in Cleanitol, and imporatable in the DL? Couple of clicks and you're up to date.

And if its written in C# or some such (not Python, though - sorry), I can help with the coding. If help is wanted..  $%Grinno$%

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

freedo50

I'm having yet more LEX Downloader problems Wouanagaine, the program is just freezing while it is "Retreiving download history...". I have left it running for ages, and it refuses to work. Any help? I think I will have to give up on playing the game (which is rarely anyway) if I can't get the auto downloader working  :( - my download list is massive!

Fred

JoeST

That is probably why... The download list is taking so long to download, and the ammount of information downloaded (just for the dl list) might be exceeding the amount that the dl manager can use.

Or maybe its just that you have an item that is corrupted/duplicated/invallied in some way in the online database... which causes the program to crash/freeze/hang when you donwload that record..

or maybe the legend himself can shed some more light on the situation ;)

Joe

CasperVg

I had the same problem, freedo. Loading up the Download History page at the LEX itself and afterwards restarting the LEX Downloader did it for me. Perhapa you should try that out.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

callagrafx

Quote from: freedo50 on May 01, 2008, 01:21:56 PM
I'm having yet more LEX Downloader problems Wouanagaine, the program is just freezing while it is "Retreiving download history...". I have left it running for ages, and it refuses to work. Any help? I think I will have to give up on playing the game (which is rarely anyway) if I can't get the auto downloader working  :( - my download list is massive!

Fred

Were some of the files in your download list there before the server switch?  If so it's possible the DB entry is corrupt or the relative path to the file has changed.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

freedo50

Yes, probably most of them were there before the switch to the new server. I hope they're not corrupted - that sounds like a bad problem to try and fix. I'll try your tip Casper, and get back to you.

Thanks,
Fred

EDIT: Casper, your trick seemed to work, thanks! The downloader was freezing after I clicked the Download selected button, but I'd had this before so I knew that if you scroll to the bottom of the list and then back up and deselect and reselect a few of them it works. I don't understand why, but it does. Thanks for the help everyone!

Monorail Master

Everyone, I have a problem. I registered for the BSC Exchange, and when I clicked on the activation icon on my e-mail inbox, the screen showed the stupid monkey with the CPU saying activation error. So I typed in the activation # with my screen name at the BSC Exchange login screen, and it showed the stupid monkey again. If you know how to solve it, send me a message or e-mail me at: game-nerd@comcast.net.  (P.S. I followed directions at the register screen.) ()what()
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

BarbyW

Monorail Master  - if you posted this in the correct place it might help as there is a thread for log-in problems. Can you let me know your LEX login username as Monorail Master  is not shown in the database?
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original