• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3.5) Differences - It's their own fault!

Started by soulchaser, April 23, 2009, 12:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

<<RPD of Bordertown>>

"Finally, the subsidies for farming show results. The north of Bordertown is richly developed. They even found some coal in the mountains! Newman Inc. has built a mine up there. They even insisted on their own small coal powerplant. Mayor McGrade let them build one. It's a shame, but we can't neglect the benefits for business. Recently, there are 10350 people living here, including the 1100 Cyclonists living in the south.

It's their own fault, they didn't get any subsidies, because of their barricades. Looks like they have a lot to catch up!"

Click to enlarge!

"By the way: Recently we got a photo of the rare Mudwhale. Maybe we have to build some wildlife sanctuary in the future, but first I contacted the next university, to start some research."

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

I love the *Mudwhales*. You should have presented this in the challenge 3 extra pics, that would have given you a certain Bonus points in the category of entertainment.

Nice map and great pics.

fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

soulchaser

I've just seen them recently, as I didn't realize them since I used the marshy watermod.

the second bonus point I missed :D

Recently Iced

soulchaser

"Hey Jane, do you mind living at Drake's Peak? I recently got a job offer from the coal plant up there. They need an engineer for supervising the main pressure chamber. Look, I found a pic on the web...."

"....and don't be afraid. I think it's quite scenic up there. Look at that mine. They try to ax the coal the old way, meaning they try to mine in rates similar to those in the 19th century, but using new technologies. They even try to keep the old look of the mine."

Recently Iced

jmyers2043

QuoteI have a similar shot of the mine in 3.5 at the bottom

Hello Soulchaser

Ha ha. That's what happens when I look at a night time screen grab. My Newman Mine is actually in Tile B.

The Newman mine is hard to place because the Coal Conveyor is so short. I spent about 30 minutes putting different base and overlay textures on the lot. I would probably make a 'company town' if I were to submit it for judging. Complete with a Union Hall, Church, General Store, and perhaps a couple of small industrials that look like machine shops. Right now the Newman Mine fits in with the others I am placing on the Northern side of the Grand River.

Good Luck to you for the rest of the competition.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

soulchaser

yes, you're right, yours is in the valley before. In fact placing was hard for me, too. And I always have to terraform after placing :-[
You did a good job with that tree, hiding any gaps ;)

Recently Iced