• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

6) Sixth Challenge - Tourism for the snobbish!

Started by soulchaser, June 18, 2009, 05:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

This Challenge, I don't have much time, so just a few pics. I hope you like them regardless I couldn't work on beach-props!

North and South reunited

Recent developments cause re-opened checkpoints!

Tile E - Due to slopes, I had to reroute the governmental routes a bit. As it fits great, I would accept any penalties.

Tourism in Bordertown

The Dudrags-Family bought the bigger one of Drake's Islets and renewed the vacation resort. Two Towers were built and an expensive restaurant, the Abuelos (tribute to SimGoober), in between. All rooms are booked for the rest of the year.

Tile E - Overview

Tile E

Tile E

Tile E

Tile E

Tile B - Overview

Tile B

Tile B

And last but not least - Satellite View

I won't be able to play till Juli 1st. Keep your finger's crossed for my final paper...still a lot to do.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Pat

LoL Soulchaser looking grand here and ummm pretty high snobbish class if you ask me   ;)

BTW good luck for your final paper there!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

turtle

Wow, looking real good on that sattelite view, Soulchaser! Great work :thumbsup:
My name is Thomas...

soulchaser

Thnx guys....working on the south will have to wait some more days ;)

Recently Iced

TheTeaCat

Ooooh very nicely done  &apls
Great region view :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jmyers2043

Nice update. I see that the separatist leaders made you put that high voltage utility line right next to the swanky looking hotel. I had to do some (what's the word) interesting things in my challenge too.  :D

Good Luck - I am very happy to see that you are still with us as your updates are always entertaining to read through and the pictures are super to look at.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

soulchaser

Well those lines where there, before the Dudrags built their hotels. At the moment, they dispute with the mayor to rebuild these.

Thnx so far!

Recently Iced

turtle

Hello Soulchaser

Here's my judgement:

1. Bordercrossing: The pic provided leaves me a bit clueless to where the border actually is. 2 points

2. Beach: It's nicely implemented, but far away from the hotels. I'm not sure I would take a dip in that muddy water, though 3 points

3. Hotel: The resort area is excellent. Despite the size of the hotels, you've managed to make them look natural in this setting. 5 points

4. Restaurant: Going out too eat is easy here. Just leave the hotel and you're there. But you don't have a choice. 4 points

This gives a total of 14 points
My name is Thomas...

BarbyW

1. Border crossing - can't see a crossing at all 2pts
2. Beach - not my idea of a beach with such strange coloured water  3 pts
3. Hotel - A luxury hotel and done well even if a bit isolated 4 pts
4. Restaurant - The lighting is a bit bright for the outside diners 4pts

Total points: 13
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

soulchaser

As it seems, nobody looks at the Challenges before and recognizes the checkpoints. I'm not sure if this is Ok, but I want to help those who don't want to browse the other challenges:

A is the checkpoint for trains with it's little shed for military personnel.
B is a pre-checkpoint for street-access.
C is the old checkpoint re-opened.

Just in case, I'll acccept penalties for this statement ;)

Recently Iced

threestooges

Thanks for the clarification on the locations there. The checkpoints didn't stand out much when I first looked at the picture. Seems like it's not really set up to handle a bunch of people, but then it doesn't seem like a bunch of people would be using that bridge from the picture. I'll give it 3 points.

Beach: Doesn't seem like the kind of beach I'd want to lay out on, and I'm not sure what the reason for the natural look is. I also don't see any other options (other options aren't mandatory, but they would be nice, especially if laying out isn't one of the primary draws of the beach). It's set up well though, and I like the use of the seawalls to define it. 3 points.

Hotel: I like the twin tower design, and the surrounding area is very lush. The only downside is the powerlines running right by one of the towers. 4 points

Restaurant: It looks like a great location. The presense of the power pole is a bit distracting, but I think that's more of an issue for the hotel than the restaurant. 5 points.

15 points.

jmyers2043

Border crossing - 4 - It took me a while but I finally spotted the tent.

<edit> I just noticed that you made an additional post and circled two other crossings   :D   

Beach - 4 - The beach is nice and the surrounding commercial buildings remind me of places where I can grab a hot dog, a beer, or some ice cream while passing the time away. I wish the city would pay more attention to the sand and clean all the sea weeds away.

Hotel - 4 - A good bat that looks like a seaside resort hotel spa. I wonder who thought of putting the hotel near the high voltage electrical lines? Good lotting with luxurious landscaping.

Restaurant - 5 - Good restaurant. Fits in with the scene.

Points = 17
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)