• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Airbus Project

Started by joelyboy911, January 18, 2010, 01:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

Thanks doodoovolant, sorry I won't be doing the AF A310. I've already done one of their A300s, and I will be doing at least one of their A340/A330 family jets also. It's a similar story to what I said about Lufthansa earlier. I will fill outstanding requests in a follow-up at a later date.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

joelyboy911

BUMP!  :D

Here are some in-game pictures of the A300s in action, alongside some 747s for comparison:

HD close-up of the gate:

HD close-up of the MMP:

Zoom 5 of the gate next to a 747:

Overview:

Things are progressing well, with all prop exemplars finalised and lotting well underway. Thanks for stopping by to take a look.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

nekseb

Awesome - can't wait till this pack will be released.  &apls

Hope it will take not so much time (no - I didn't ask when  $%Grinno$%). Thanks for the time and work your team spend on this!
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

firdausabdullah

Amazing stuff Joel  :thumbsup: You have really done a great job on this project. Looking forward to the release.

Gilikov1994

&apls!

Great to see those in action, nicely done ;)

-Giel  :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

joelyboy911

Thanks Guys!

@Nekseb: I don't mind when people ask when it'll be released. What frustrates me is that I don't know the answer! Since I'm lotting them now, I'd say it shouldn't be too much longer, maybe a month or two, though I should probably take some time to work on the turboprops as well before then.

I'll add in-game pics of the A300B models (the older model, with old liveries) to this post later on today (hopefully) so watch this space!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

ShadeSlayer

nekseb

That's why I don't ask, when...

Because Life is so crazy and we all don't know what will be behind the next edge on our way.

Sure - it's frustrating, if you don't know the answer - but how nerving is it, if you annouce a release date and you can't hold it (because life is so crazy), and everyone ask day by day.

This work needs time - and it will be finished, if it's finished!
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

jdenm8

Ugh. I so want an Ansett Australia plane but they only had A320s...
But, (other requests) could you please do a QANTAS or Jetstar A330 when you get around to them?

Like I said on CSG's forums, brilliant work and I will download at least the TAA one.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

joelyboy911

Thanks guys. Yes, nekseb, you're exactly right - thanks for understanding. Sorry jdennm8, it won't be possible to download them individually - its all or nothing I'm afraid. As for an Ansett Australia Plane, click here (this project isn't announced yet!).

And here are some images of the older-model A300s, in action alongside some 747s of a roughly similar era (no they're not exactly from the same year).

Not too much work left to do here either, I should have shots of the cargo ones out soon as well.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

[Delta ²k5]

Yay! I smell a 767-200 :D Great work! Even at the busses :thumbsup:

jdenm8

The Ansett plane... Is so cool!

I will hang around for that one for sure!

About the TAA plane, That's cool. I'll download the whole set just for that one  ;).

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

RG59061

Wow! The A300s look incredible! I can't wait for this pack to be completed and released! Very...very well done!

This is going to be a nice compliment to the AC Team's aircraft and a welcome inclusion of Airbus' first step into commercial aircraft!

Well done Joelyboy!

RG59061
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

joelyboy911

Thanks guys!

With the A300s now waiting on final (very final) modding and the LEX submission of the dependency pack, I decided to get to work on the A300. I've taken in suggestions and improvements from the A300 project, so these should be getting better each time:

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

RG59061

Wow! That was a quick update! Awesome!

One note, the American Flag on the tail of the Pan Am A310 looks to be cut off. I think it is supposed to be slanted and contour the slant of the rudder and tail...but the texture on the model seems to be sitting a little off. Just from what I can see.

Here's a shot of what I'm talking about from Airliners.net
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Pan-Am/Airbus-A310-324/1528608/L/

Other than that, it looks fantastic! Can't wait Joelyboy!

RG59061
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Gilikov1994

Great Joel !

B.t.w, are you going to make some Russian airliners too?
Like Aeroflot (Old livery), or S7..?

- Giel :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

firdausabdullah

What can I say.. these A300s' are just awesome. I just can't take my eyes of that gleaming red Malaysian, very nostalgic..I'm taken back 24 years ...in 1986 &cry2 I was just a kid :'(  thank you so much my friend.

Koekie01

They are looking goooooooooood! And am I correct, when I say it shouldn't take long, because you're almost done with the modding?

I'm loooking forward to them, as anyone!

Koekie

muxcomee

wow. finally. ive been waiting for a person to finally start making some airbus planes. they look so amazing. I dont really know anything but what is modding and batting? i know what lotting is but yeah. its a stoopid question so if you cant be bothered dont answer it. im just curios though.

strucka

Lotting is done with Loteditor, Batting is done with 3dsmax/gmax B.A.T. tool (it's actually making the model (modelling) and rendering the object you then get to use in lot editor), modding is as i believe working with numbers so you modify a code that makes one system (for example a road) take more capacity.