• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

Could we possibly have dual RHW exits? Like an MIS ramp on either side of the RHW?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tarkus

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on May 14, 2009, 02:28:38 PM
Could we possibly have dual RHW exits? Like an MIS ramp on either side of the RHW?

There already are on the RHW-2.

And onlycoop, yes, those are planned.

-Alex

j-dub

I might be wrong, but Driftmaster07 if you meant something like the RHW-2 dual sided ramp, but a RHW-4 version with traffic going the same direction, I don't know if that exists, but to me that seems kind of dangerous, and could not think of something existing in RL.

And it also seems what Hal said that should be in the show us your interchange thread, keeps coming into this development thread. I mean its one thing to post one example in response to proove what already has been developed, but the issue is when it leads to a traffic jam of follow-ups.

blackedemon

Quote from: j-dub on May 14, 2009, 07:25:07 PM
I might be wrong, but Driftmaster07 if you meant something like the RHW-2 dual sided ramp, but a RHW-4 version with traffic going the same direction, I don't know if that exists, but to me that seems kind of dangerous, and could not think of something existing in RL.

I can think of two major freeway-interchanges where this occurs, both in my city. They are not an exact replica to the parallel-exit 'dual-sided ramp' set-up the RHW-2 presents, for the number of lanes is more than this, but the concept is the same. The aforementioned freeways have been rebuilt to allow exiting on both sides for one direction. These exits reach and initiate the same road to ease peak-hour congestion caused by merging and weaving, and therefore improving traffic flow. I agree that it is a strange set-up but it certainly does exist, albeit rare, and far less dangerous than the weaving and merging that used to be present. :)

I apologise for my off-topic response.

nerdly_dood

A double-sided onramp would indeed be dangerous indeed if it's parallel traffic. But I can see the merit of a double-sided offramp so it can ease congestion more efficiently.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

KoV Liberty

Yeah like the one for RHW 2 but not the diagonal ones. Just the Parallel. Edit: For RHW 4.

Adrian, I miss you man.

TEG24601

It might also be nice to be able to plop a left-side exit in the same section as a right-side entrance, and vice-versa.  I've seen many of these in my travels, and while some have been replaced in recent years, I can see their merit in a limited sense.  It would also be nice if it were possible to have a limited set of exits that included the ramps to EMIS on the same piece to save space, but that seems more like a pipe dream.

nerdly_dood

Quote from: TEG24601 on May 17, 2009, 10:50:50 AM
It might also be nice to be able to plop a left-side exit in the same section as a right-side entrance, and vice-versa. 
That is one thing that is guaranteed to produce a mind-bending number of accidents, it's like weaving on steroids.

Quote from: TEG24601 on May 17, 2009, 10:50:50 AMIt would also be nice if it were possible to have a limited set of exits that included the ramps to EMIS on the same piece to save space, but that seems more like a pipe dream.
That's something I wouldn't mind having, it would be a nice way to save space.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: TEG24601 on May 17, 2009, 10:50:50 AM
It would also be nice if it were possible to have a limited set of exits that included the ramps to EMIS on the same piece to save space, but that seems more like a pipe dream.

I think having the EMIS transition attached directly would end up being a bit unwieldy, but I have some other ideas currently in the works that would allow that exact sort of setup.

-Alex

Edit: Here's the results of those ideas:

Nexis4Jersey

KoV Liberty

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this question but... I have seen some people with a RHW interchange where the drivers turn onto a BIG roundabout it looks awesome but can someone tell me how to make one or show me a tutorial.

Adrian, I miss you man.

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

KoV Liberty

Ok. I cant post an ingame pic cause i dont know how 2 make 1 an i dont have an albms folder. but let me find one...  ()testing()

Adrian, I miss you man.

onlycoop

Is this kinda what your talking about?

KoV Liberty

Not really. BUT after searching for THREE hours ( :-[) I did find one pic from Patricus Maximus.
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3062/56006145il7.jpg
It is called a turbine interchange. If someone can point me to a tutorial on how to make one that would be great!

Thanks,
Driftmaster

Adrian, I miss you man.

MandelSoft

I think there's no tutorial yet for building this interchange. But maybe you can re-create it if you observe the picture closely and try to see what kind of pieces are used.

EDIT:
Here's my first try of creating a turbine interchange (click for full resolution):

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mike3775

making interchanges is not that hard if you just experiment with it.

I recreated many interchanges on here just by downloading the picture and printing it up as a guide in itself.

It may have taken me awhile, but I finally got it down.

allan_kuan1992

back to scheduled programming please :D $%Grinno$%

- Allan Kuan

deathtopumpkins

Oooh yay... :D just that minor texture bug, but this will be a real nice feature!

And nice turbine Maarten!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores