• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 10 - I am eagerly awaiting this

Started by BarbyW, July 07, 2010, 07:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Thread opened for Fred's challenge. I am dreading this as he knows me too well ::) ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mrbisonm

Highway Transportation and Regional Access

Here is Your Highway Challenge 10, BarbyW.

This is the most difficult Challenge in the series of Eleven Challenges in all (Plus the final/conclusion in 12). This challenge is to test your mayorly patience and logical sense of planning and construction. Use all your Mayor skills to make it practical, logical and beautiful looking.

The highway itself  is shown in RED and is allowed to change into an Avenue (Boulevard) on 3 different tiles only, so choose your locations well. You may build only 50% or so of an avenue in each tile though, the rest will have to be highway (any form of it). You are not allowed to build any avenue in the country, only within town- or city- limits. Building an Avenue is an option (maybe even a relief in some cases) and is not demanded for.

RED CIRCLES indicate where the 2 Highway Intersections demanded should be, it may differ from one Player to another whether it is three, four or more directions.

YELLOW CIRCLES indicate where we would like to see the access ramps to the highway. You may build as many access ramps as you wish, as long we see these 3 indicated ones in their locations.

Remember that the *PLAN* can be discussed and negociated and may be alternated to a certain degree. Up to you to give us your suggestions. First study your situation with the plan given and then offer us the results of capability and/or demands for alternations before starting building. It is the Governor's final decision who should be respected at the end, and of course, be executed as such. Only a certain amount of alternation though can be negciated and/or will be accepted. In general the plan should be executed as drawn as much as possible (shown) on the map above, unless you have valid good reasons to ask for needed changes or alternations.
ONLY after the Governor has given his official confirmation and the *Green* light, you may start the regional construction.

After the Governor's confirmation of construction, you may show us your progress with several posts and pictures while you're constructing through the region. Only once finished the Challenge, we will ask you for the pictures needed for the judgement, again, they will be individually demanded.

In Your case...   
...there are two different highways that are connected by the bridge in tile *F* (I think) and by the Intersection in tile *C*. The Northern part will be mostly in the rural areas with only one access ramps demanded near the little coastal town in the east.
The hard work (or should I say, very hard work?) will be in the southern part of the map, where the highway will be of a bigger part deviding the city in half with one intersection and two access ramps right where it is mostly populated, then slowly exiting the city on both ends, west and east.

Pictures needed of Your Challenge 10:

..........(coming up after confirmation of Construction from the Governor and after the end of the regional construction).........

We wish you good luck with this last enormous Project of GRV II and hopefully enjoy while executing it. No rush, take your time. ;)
We also will be anxious to see your project advancing as you hopefully will show us with pictures as you slowly wind through the region.

Fred (Lynn will be present for the judgements later)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

BarbyW

I am a little confused as to the exact route of the proposed highway as it seems to require junctions at points where city tiles meet. I am posting an image of the region with the city boundaries showing. Can you clarify the route using this image please?

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mrbisonm

ok, I can see that you're a little confused. I didn't realize that most of the on/off ramps and intersections were right on the tile lines. I hope that the picture below will clear that up. Sorry 'bout this.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)