• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV-II Challenge No 6

Started by mrbisonm, June 07, 2009, 09:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

That's what I thought originally but then on re-reading saw this:
QuoteWe will have to take care of them to their every needs and keep the borderline intact, controlling both entry and exit from both sides.

It seems as though the controls are not to be dismantled.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Pat

hmmm So it seem's that you're right Barby we need to leave the checkpoints in place and can't close them...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

1.  1 Picture of any official bordercrossing between north and south rebuilt since the re-union of the region. (show us your best)

From how I read that I take it as being a bordercontrol that has redone(ie new building/fences removed etc) but I may be wrong.

Hoping to get my challenge completed on time ;)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mattb325

Quote from: Pat on June 17, 2009, 01:45:41 PM
Thank you Barby and what I think Fred wants from what I seen of say MattB posting is total dismantling of the checkpoints as since they are now no longer needed?

Yes - I removed that one, but left the central checkpoint on the island. I assumed we needed to remove the border crossing from what MrB had posted.

At any rate, they can shoot intruders from the bell fry of the church in my picture, if need be  ;)

mrbisonm

Checkpoints should still be in place, except that they will be open for incoming and exiting traffic. We want to see a picture of one of those checkpoints re-opened, whether or not it is the same you showed in challenge 5, but please from a different angle. It is the mainentrance or maingate to the north or south we want a picture of.

Also there's no need for a resortcity, just a resto, horel and beach of high class and they can be on three different citytiles or on two or the same.
Imagine the Governor sends you on a vacation for 10 days to your choice, all expenses paid and no matter what it will cost, what would you choose?
......There you go, exactly that one we want to see.

Fred

BTW, don't shoot anyone without my permission here please. ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

CabraBuitre

One more question of clarification... are we building this specifically for the mayor (and then others who want to follow in your footsteps, kinda like staying in the same hotel room Elvis did...) or are we supposed to build it really nice... and have the mayor staying/beaching/eating by off of those common folk....?

How's this for a stunt...?   :-\

Check out Abelfarei!

Pat

Thats a good stunt there Cabra and thank you Fred for the clarifaction!!! Can we redo the check points to be more friendlier to the communities or do they have to stay the same?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Cabrabuitre, you are building this for the challenge.....Make it nice looking for all those high luxury sims and all the mayores, because it is you, the Mayors, who will rate this and not the Governors.

Pat, of course you can redo any and every bordercheckpoint, but make sure to show us the main-entrance.

Fred

Pat

Thank you Fred... The Sims over at my place will be happy to get rid of them nasty military guys check points lol....

metarvo

I'm sorry, Fred, but it seems that I might not get Challenge 6 posted in time, due to a RL situation today that has caused me to be away from my SC4 computer.  &mmm  No excuse, I know, since I had all this time and spent part of my SC4 time in the last few days on things that are not related to GRV-II.  I realize that this will lose me some points, but I'll try to make up for it in Challenge 7.

EDIT: I do plan to post Challenge 6 tomorrow, though.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

Hey don't worry , I couldn't do mine neither. We have until next sunday, without the Bonus point though, but also without the negative point. ;)
Please read my last post in the General discussion thread.
Good luck,

Fred

Jmouse

I should have my Challenge 6 posted this evening. Last week, my daughter had satellite TV installed, and one of the technicians cut my Cat5 DSL cable in the process - Oops! Although they taped it back together, it came apart sometime during the wee hours of Monday morning so I have been without an internet connection since then. It was properly fixed less tnan an hour ago, so hopefully it will be business as usual once again.

Apologies for being tardy - I did the best I could under circumstances entirely beyond my control...
Joan

mrbisonm

No problem Joan, we'll be waiting.

I just uploaded my Challenge 6.  Finally and this during a severe thunderstorm. &mmm

Fred

threestooges

Sorry to hear about the storm Fred. I should have my new HD installed and everything back onto it in time to get the rest of the pics posted by tomorrow evening. Hope all is well.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 6

The Judging is open to everyone that is member of this site. We would like to hear from as many as possible.

When you judge one, please try to judge them all, but don't worry, you have all the time you need to do so. I will only count the points at the end of the GRV Challenge. First read the challenge 6 demands again (on page 1 of this thread), in the GRVII/Challenge thread/Challenge 6. Be fair but strict with the judging and make it short and simple as I did for those two mentioned above. Do NOT be influenced by the judgement of another member, be yourself and judge to your taste, logic and game and life experience.
Please judge the challenges as described below and besides leaving the points, also leave a short message explaining quickly why.
Thank You.

Here is an example of what you should write in their Challenge 6 Thread only, you don't need to make a whole big explanation for your points.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Example Only:
1. 5 points, because it seems very real.
2. 3 points, because it is nice to visit once or twice but not a whole week, noty enough accomodies on the beach and too many people.
3. 5 points, just love it. I want to spend 5 weeks there. It looks soooo beautiful there.
4. 4 points, I like that restaurant and possible could spend all my vacation eating there, would have been better if situated closer to the hotel.
3. 5 points, just love it. I want to spend 5 weeks there. It looks soooo beautiful there, really nice.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Points given

0 = requirements not met
1 = Poor
2 = acceptable
3 = good
4 = very good
5 = excellent

First of all I would like to talk about giving too high points to easily. Remember, this is NOT the STEX. ;) Judge as if you would do in real life, judge as if you were there and fully enjoy these premisses and being there. They have to be really perfect and excellent to be judged as a 5. Five is the perfect note and is not something we would give only because it looks good, but it is the whole surroundings and package that come along with it, details, location and everything that can make it perfect. Please don't be too easy on judging, this is *serious buissness*....;)

These are the 4 subjects you can judge in the following challenge 6 demands:

1. Bordercrossing. It will probably be hard to judge this for those who have never seen or experienced an official bordercrossing between two Nations, but for those who have, try to judge it as it would like IRL, or as close to real life as possible.

2. Beach. Judge the beach as it is supposed to be, beautiful, clean and just perfect as if you would be ready to spend a few weeks there for real. You will have to be able to fully enjoy that beach, if there's only a little something you don't like, don't give it 5 points, but 4, which is very good.

3. Hotel, Motel or Bread n'Breakfast. You would like to have to spend 10 days or 2 weeks there and you paid a lot of money for this, was it worth it? Besides the service that we cannot judge, make sure that you like where it is located. Check for quietness (traffic) for cleaniness (paths and gardens), general looks and luxury. Again, you paid the full price and want the best of the best, judge it so.

4. Restaurant. Make sure that the restaurant ain't too far like two or three tiles away, a point to check, then if you would like to spend a couple of evenings eating your supper in good company there and you like how it looks and where it is situated, only then you give it an excellent pointage, 5 that is. It has to look Perfect to your personal taste to be a 5, remember this.

5. I will only be allowed to judge the regionview and I will judge it on how real and advanced it looks. I will only give a max of 4 points for this, 1 =  fair, 2 = good, 3 = very good, 4 = excellent.

Have fun with this and be real. There's no rush at all, but please judge all that have posted a challenge 6. Do not post anything with those who have not yet posted their Challenge 6. Good luck and Thank you for participating.

Fred

CabraBuitre

I have FINALLY finished Challenge 6 and it is open for judging!  I also need to get to several of your submissions.  Is anyone else still working on this, even little by little?

Check out Abelfarei!

Rayden

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 20, 2010, 03:35:06 PM

3. Hotel, Motel or Bread n'Breakfast

I believe Bread must be part of the Breakfast, but I suppose you meant Bed 'n' Breakfast  $%Grinno$%