• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 6

Started by RustyXL, June 24, 2009, 12:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyXL

Now that the region is reunited there is no need for such strict border control. All the border control points have been reduced to a plain checkpoint like this one in tile E:

A luxury hotel, beach and restaurant were built in tile L:

The sand to build the beach and the palm trees that decorate it had to be imported since neither of them occur naturally in the region.

Right next to the beach is the luxurious Hotel ZaZa:

If your hungry the Annabellelin is only a short walk away. There you can find some of the finest food in the country.

Here is an updated picture of the region:

Pat

Hey Rusty nice restaurant you got there and the hotel accommodations hmmm I wonder if the contractors messed us over lol... Part of my Resort reflects yours lol.... Great update though for sure!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

soulchaser

Hi RustyXL,
here's my opinion on your Ch. 6:

1. Bordercrossing: Almost the same as in Fred's Challenge 5. So the same 3 Pts.
2. Hotel: Great choice. A bit of a far way to get there. 4 Pts.

Beach and Restaurant both have the same problem. They seem a bit out of place.
3. Beach: 3 Pts.
4. Restaurant: 3 Pts.

That's a total of 13 Points.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

turtle

Hello RustyXL

Here's my judgement:

1. Bordercrossing: Nothing too fancy. It seems very lonely. 3 points

2. Beach: It could have been integrated better with the local environment. 3 points

3. Hotel: Nice choice of bat. It's a bit lonely though. 4 points

4. Restaurant: I used this restaurant in my challenge as well. It seems a bit out of place here though 3 points

This gives a total of 13 points
My name is Thomas...

BarbyW

My points:

1. Border crossing - suits the purpose 4pts
2. Beach - a bit repetitive and not many facilities 3 pts
3. Hotel - A bit lacking in landscaped grounds but does look luxurious with the pool 4 pts
4. Restaurant - Like the idea of the floating restaurant 4pts

Total points : 15
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

threestooges

Border Crossing: simple, but effective: 3 points

Hotel: Simple ground, but good location. I would like to have seen a pool or something along with it (or if there's one in the back, have it shown a bit more prominently) 3 points.

Restaurant: I like the ship-restaurant idea, but having it just there as a stand alone dock. Unless this was formerly a single dock for loading/unloading a ship in the past, it seems like it was just built there for the restaurant purpose, which makes it seem a bit touristy. Nice place though. 3 points

Beach: I think this was the strongest point of your entry. I like the trees decorating the sand (although they stand out in contrast to the deciduous trees), and the rock borders help break up the transition a bit (might be interesting to see them extended into the water as jettys). 4 points.

13 points.

jmyers2043

Border crossing - 4 - Good One. Simple building where passports can be checked.

Beach - 3 - The beach is not connected to the hotel? I have to cross the hot pavement in my bare feet to get to the sand. 

Hotel - 3 - A bat is nice enough. And perhaps if it were placed along the beach with other similar hotels of the same size it would fit in. This hotel is a place where I'd spend one night when traveling along the highway to the 'real' resort hotel.   

Restaurant - 5 - Excellent choice for a unique dining experience. A perfect place too for morning Cafe and Beignets

Points = 15

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)