• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

1x1 Residential Won't Grow or Develope

Started by laubacht, August 11, 2013, 11:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laubacht

After installing CAM, I noticed that I could not get my 1x1 residential plots to develop.  Anything else seems to be fine (1x2, 1x3, etc), so it only appears to be limited to the 1x1.  I installed CAM and created a new region, so I can't seem to narrow down the issue to that.  I do not have Maxis Blocker installed, either.

So I am pretty stumped.  I have attached a screen grab of the city in question to show how 1x1s are not developing while others are.

Thanks for anyone who can help knock this out!

byr1al

I believe this "issue" is a result of CAM making all the 1x1 lots a higher growth stage. In CAM this is calculated differently, i.e. residents/tile=growth stage. This means that a 1x1 lot that has the same amount of residents as a 1x2, 2x1, 1x3 etc lot get a higher growth stage.
Just give it time, and you should see them grow eventually

Kitsune

Could you post what the demand is... those 1x1 zones can be really really picky if your demand is too low.
~ NAM Team Member

laubacht

Quote from: byr1al on August 11, 2013, 02:43:52 PM
I believe this "issue" is a result of CAM making all the 1x1 lots a higher growth stage. In CAM this is calculated differently, i.e. residents/tile=growth stage. This means that a 1x1 lot that has the same amount of residents as a 1x2, 2x1, 1x3 etc lot get a higher growth stage.
Just give it time, and you should see them grow eventually

That does seem to be the case as they eventually did get going.  I wonder if there are any plug-ins for lower end residential that may work with these 1x1 lots?