• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Windows Vista and Textures: A Problem No More! (Bugfix on Pg. 1)

Started by allan_kuan1992, July 01, 2008, 08:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

null45

Quotemscorlib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2407
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll

Sc4tool is built with the net framework 1.1.4322 the fixed fshlib is built with 2.0.50727.
When Sc4tool tries to load the fixed fshlib it throws an error, because .NET version 2.0.50727 is newer and version 1.1.4322 does not know how to read it.   

The vista friendly version should now work with Sc4tool as it is now built with the net framework 1.1.4322.

Fshlib vista: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5142.msg221467#msg221467

The old .NET 2.0.50727 vista friendly version was never tested with Sc4tool on vista.  ::)

Jonathan

Also that is not the right folder, as there are many files missing including the main EXE.
Right click on the icon you use to open Sc4Tool and click Open File Location, if it opens an explorer window with another shortcut then right click and open file location again.

Jonathan

Navox

Thanks null45, you helped me out!!  &apls

@Jonathan: Everything was installed in the programs folder, as you can see in my screenshot I only took a picture of the fshlib part and not the whole folder. ;)

null45

The Vista patch has been updated to fix the same issue on XP.

geoffhaw

Thank you so much for this.  I can't tell you how much grief this has saved me.

Andreas

Quote from: Jonathan on October 23, 2009, 10:39:29 AM
It should be uploaded to the LEX, and the STEX. And the tools that uses it could be updated.

Yeah, I guess an update of SC4Tool would be appropriate, now that every single Windows version is affected...  ::)
Andreas

null45

Quote from: geoffhaw on October 23, 2009, 10:07:43 AM
Thank you so much for this.  I can't tell you how much grief this has saved me.

I first noticed the problem when trying to run one of my programs after installing the update.
The reason the old vista fix would not work on XP was that it would check the OS version before applying the fix, when I wrote the fix I assumed that the bug did not affect XP. ::)

Edit: The vista friendly version is now on the LEX.