• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chosenreject

thank you for the replys Anagram and Tarkus. I will try better to use the ramp terminology found in the RHW read-me. It would have helped me explain what i was trying to say in less words too! It is always exciting when any of the NAM team members reply to questions or post their works!

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: chosenreject on September 13, 2012, 10:05:40 AMI will try better to use the ramp terminology found in the RHW read-me.

Or you could just use Ganaram Inukshuk's Periodic Table. That's what I use (click for full resolution):

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on September 13, 2012, 10:28:45 AM
Or you could just use Ganaram Inukshuk's Periodic Table.

That would be me. For the record, "Ganaram" (pronounced Gun-arr-rem or Gun-arr-rum) is an anagram of the word "Anagram".

. . .

Let's just say that I'll be making a smaller "pocket version" of my chart, because the one I made is enormous. (Patricius, please... It really is huge.)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 13, 2012, 01:00:14 PM(Patricius, please... It really is huge.)

$%Grinno$%  I resized it and provided a length to the full resolution version. No problem.

als98

Project 57 is going to be awesome!!  :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if Ped-mall over RHW pieces will be included with this release? (Or if they're even possible?)

I was trying to make a pedestrian overpass on the sunken highway and then discovered those pieces don't exist...

Wiimeiser

Split it into RHW-4s and use OWR pieces, if those exist.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Quote from: als98 on September 13, 2012, 05:53:04 PM
Does anyone know if Ped-mall over RHW pieces will be included with this release? (Or if they're even possible?)

They're definitely possible and under consideration.  It's not a matter of if, but when.

-Alex

gn_leugim

as a biochemist, I have to applaud  :thumbsup: and repreend that periodic table. :thumbsdown:

reasons to  :thumbsup: :
- the idea
- the name lanthactinide and the reason of the name  :D

reasons to  :thumbsdown: :

- periods are the rows, and groups are the columns, not the other way arround as you depicted.  "$Deal"$

Tarkus

Some more interesting stuff . . .

RHW x NWM DxO setups are basically complete on the RUL2 side now for the L1 RHW-2.  OxO setups are nearly complete, and a lot is in place for OxD and DxD setups for single-tile NWM networks.

-Alex

gn_leugim

RickD

I am very excited to see that all those crossings are being taken care of. :thumbsup: This will be the most important feature for me in the next release.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

mike3775

I think anyone involved with this RHW revamp should all get a Karma point or 2(or even more) for dealing with the headaches this is probably causing  :)

GDO29Anagram

Or medication... Does Aleve alleviate the pain or does it make the pain leave? :P

Remember, for those playing at home, the point of getting L1 RHW-2 stuff done first is so that it can be copied to all other 27 elevated networks.

For the record, it's mainly Alex doing the RUL work right now and Jondor with some of the model work; I'm currently involved in a tangential project that's so far, interesting...

As of the idea of a Periodic Table, that came about because I wanted to name all of the ramps that were named splitters. Plus, the old-school RHW-4 C Ramp (6S D1 now) was funny in that it was an RHW-4 ramp, not a 6S ramp. Veteran RHW users will remember the old naming scheme, and when compared to the new scheme, you'll probably find the old scheme is now an absolute mess, and P57's more or less the same deal.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Kuewr665

That's amazing.

Will it be possible to build a stack interchange with the next RHW? Like this...

Durfsurn

Quote from: Kuewr665 on September 14, 2012, 04:58:31 PM
That's amazing.

Will it be possible to build a stack interchange with the next RHW? Like this...

With Tarkus doing all the Ultra stabilising and stuff maybe...

On that note great work Tarkus really nice seing the actual development of the Project.

I was thinking... (I didn't hurt if ur wondering)  $%Grinno$%
What if you were using L1 MIS n flat ground and the ground dropped 7.5 m so that you then had L2 MIS (is that the right level I dunno) ?
Would there be a "On-Slope" for this. I know modelling is an issue but surely with both models done they can't just be put together?
Interesting stuff indeed with post NAM 31/P57 stuff. I wonder what Haljackey can do with this and interchanges...  :o

jdenm8

There already is an L0 to L1 OnSlope transition, it was made with the original L1EMIS implementation my MTG about two years ago.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: Durfsurn on September 14, 2012, 05:32:51 PM
Would there be a "On-Slope" for this. I know modelling is an issue but surely with both models done they can't just be put together?

Orthogonal on-slopes are a piece of cake to make.  Suffice to say, you'll see a full lineup there.  Orthogonal "ramp-style" transitions are a bit trickier, but not terribly difficult.  Diagonals are a different story.

On another note . . .

This one required some RUL1 work as well:

Then, just need the DxD crossings and we're covered on NWM crosslinks.

-Alex

Patricius Maximus

wschmrdr

Quote from: gn_leugim on September 14, 2012, 12:55:34 AM
as a biochemist, I have to applaud  :thumbsup: and repreend that periodic table. :thumbsdown:

reasons to  :thumbsup: :
- the idea
- the name lanthactinide and the reason of the name  :D

reasons to  :thumbsdown: :

- periods are the rows, and groups are the columns, not the other way arround as you depicted.  "$Deal"$

Not to mention... and sorry, but my nerdy side is about to come out...  ;D each level of road could be configured similar to how the electron configurations occur. For example, 1 lane A-C could be your 1s group, 1 lane D-F is 1p and 2 lane A-C is 2s, meaning these would be on period 2 (since, in all reality, you need the larger number of starting lanes to complete the D-F), and so on. I'm not sure what the noble gases would be, though.

In all reality, though, I do appreciate the work being done on this "periodic table", regardless of what the format is. It can help me with region planning, as after some of the traffic problems I've had in my cities, I try to plan the road infrastructure first.

Wiimeiser

We already have the L2-L3 ramps for RHW-4 and MIS, so those models could just be modified only slightly. Didn't you say if you have one elevation you have them all?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...