• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

Quote from: wschmrdr on September 15, 2012, 04:40:13 AM
Quote from: gn_leugim on September 14, 2012, 12:55:34 AM
as a biochemist, I have to applaud  :thumbsup: and repreend that periodic table. :thumbsdown:

reasons to  :thumbsup: :
- the idea
- the name lanthactinide and the reason of the name  :D

reasons to  :thumbsdown: :

- periods are the rows, and groups are the columns, not the other way arround as you depicted.  "$Deal"$

Not to mention... and sorry, but my nerdy side is about to come out...  ;D each level of road could be configured similar to how the electron configurations occur. For example, 1 lane A-C could be your 1s group, 1 lane D-F is 1p and 2 lane A-C is 2s, meaning these would be on period 2 (since, in all reality, you need the larger number of starting lanes to complete the D-F), and so on. I'm not sure what the noble gases would be, though.

In all reality, though, I do appreciate the work being done on this "periodic table", regardless of what the format is. It can help me with region planning, as after some of the traffic problems I've had in my cities, I try to plan the road infrastructure first.

I haven't seen it that way, pretty neat ^^

GDO29Anagram

OK, since I'm planning to redo my chart again anyway (as well as compile a mini version), anyone who wants to "modify" my original chart (or make an alternate chart, for all I care) is free to do so. :P

Don't forget the isotopes.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Bipin

I've been thinking, you should give each "element" oxidation states, where negative values would make for exit ramps and positive values for entrance ramps. Just a thought. :)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Bipin on September 15, 2012, 10:58:24 AM
I've been thinking, you should give each "element" oxidation states, where negative values would make for exit ramps and positive values for entrance ramps.

Except it would need to be backwards for LHD, since most users are RHD.

So you're saying that a 6S A1+ would be the on-ramp and the A1- be the off-ramp. It's more like matter and antimatter to me; Have both at the same time and you do nothing but add and lose a lane at once. Do something in between the A1+ and A1- to initiate actual interchanging.  :P
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

DxD work on NWM crosslinking . . . still figuring out the triple-tilers, but things are in place for the dual-tilers.

-Alex

gn_leugim

And now Tarkus is asking himself. is this about highways and traffic networks or about chemical elements? :O XD

Tarkus

Hey, nothing wrong with chemical elements--almost became a chemistry major, even.  Not to mention I'm a bismuth fan.

-Alex

Edit: Now it's really on . . .

Gugu3

That's amazing alex!!!!now what are you going to work on?rhw4 or mis?
Anyway what you're doing is simply amazing!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Gugu3 on September 16, 2012, 06:49:53 AM
now what are you going to work on?rhw4 or mis?

My guess: More RHW-2 stuff. I've yet to see an MHW x RHW-2 crossing, because that's needed for one of the side projects.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Gugu3

Are you talking about that famous MHW revamp project?

Tarkus

Actually, I showed an L1 RHW-2 x MHW DxO setup back on Page 518.  The EMHW-over-L1 RHW-2 setups are basically in place.  GMHW isn't, though it should be pretty easy to get it there (it'll require some RUL1 modification).

The RHW-4 will be next up on the docket, though I'd like to actually get the whole L1 RHW-2 pathed and into a usable alpha build before I get deep into it.

-Alex

als98

Awesome job Tarkus!  :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup:

Is it possible to make a FlexFly for a RHW-4? One of my interchanges now is becoming crowded, but contains a FlexFly, so I can't just upgrade that MIS ramp to RHW 4 yet. Will it ever be possible?

Keep up the AMAZING work! I can't wait for P57 to arrive!

noahclem

Nice diagonal triple-tiling Alex  :o

Quote from: als98 on September 16, 2012, 11:45:10 AM
Awesome job Tarkus!  :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup:

Is it possible to make a FlexFly for a RHW-4? One of my interchanges now is becoming crowded, but contains a FlexFly, so I can't just upgrade that MIS ramp to RHW 4 yet. Will it ever be possible?

Keep up the AMAZING work! I can't wait for P57 to arrive!

I think a lot of people would like RHW-4 FlexFly options, including the people capable of making something like that. Which NAM release it would be a part of has never been announced to my knowledge. I can tell you that discussion about it has indicated it would be a wider-radius piece that wouldn't fit in the same footprint as the current MIS FlexFly.

And speaking of FlexFly, are any changes expected to the existing pieces planned? As in could it pass over an L0 RHW going North-South and an L1 RHW going East-West? Or cross over a diagonal network?

Tarkus

Technically, while an RHW-4 FLEXFly looks like it would have more capacity, in actuality, there wouldn't be an increase.

The only thing that has recently happened with FLEXFly development was the ground-level FLEXCurve, which was mostly built before Project 57 started.  There's been talk of porting the existing 90-degree FLEXFly to additional height levels besides L0 and L2, but so far, to the best of my knowledge, the only thing that's been completed with respect to those items is the conversion of L2 FLEXFly and L0 FLEXCurve to work with P57. 

There's been no development on additional widths or angles, and I'm not sure that'll happen for NAM 31.

-Alex

Patricius Maximus

What you're doing is indeed awesome work, and it seems to be progressing at a good clip. The triple-tiling work is impressive. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with the RHW-4. I also have a question: once you have a usable build of the L1 networks, is it then simpler to make the other levels?

Tarkus

Thanks!  And to answer your question, yes, it does get a lot easier once one of the levels is in.  Taking care of the RHW-4 will also essentially take care of the MIS, RHW-3, and RHW-6S.

-Alex

wschmrdr

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 15, 2012, 09:38:42 AM
OK, since I'm planning to redo my chart again anyway (as well as compile a mini version), anyone who wants to "modify" my original chart (or make an alternate chart, for all I care) is free to do so. :P

Don't forget the isotopes.

You make a fairly good point about isotopes and oxidation states. However, I would think the best way to do oxidation states, especially considering every interchange already has both an entrance and an exit (assuming it truly is an interchange, the folding RHW-2 I do not consider to be an interchange any more than splitting an avenue into two OWRs and pushing them in opposite directions), is to use left and right exits. Granted, I think this would have a little more staying power if RHW did more than 4A1 for an inside exit (although the 6C to the split 4 plus inside 2 is also a great example of an inside exit), but it's at least a good start.

rummtata

Hey guys, I have a question concerning the RHW and railroads. I've been trying to cross one over (or under) the other with almost no success. My only solution so far is to build road/avenue overpasses resp. tunnels and connect them to my RHW on both sides.
I see no way at all to construct a railroad bridge or tunnel crossing my RHW. What are my options? What are you doing with your rails?

cheers! =)

ivo_su

Quote from: rummtata on September 17, 2012, 03:11:23 PM
Hey guys, I have a question concerning the RHW and railroads. I've been trying to cross one over (or under) the other with almost no success. My only solution so far is to build road/avenue overpasses resp. tunnels and connect them to my RHW on both sides.
I see no way at all to construct a railroad bridge or tunnel crossing my RHW. What are my options? What are you doing with your rails?

cheers! =)
As you can see in your menu for a piece of railway networks which is an overpass for RHW and using the Tab, rotary ring you will find the desired network on which to place your railway tracks.

mike3775

There is also tunnel digging lots(I can't recall who made them) that go down 10 and 15, and also there is a pack of ground lifters and lowers that have 8, 15, 24 up/down as well for making tunnels

EDIT:  http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/3599-hole-digging-lots/  ( smoncrie's tunnel digging lots)
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27716-extra-lifters/  (rivit's lifters)

EDIT II: Thanks for posting those pics ivo_su, thats the first time I really seen the other form of raised rail, I like the look of those over the default version I always pick