• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAB / Bitmap Animation Builder

Started by OverPoP, May 31, 2009, 07:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAS71

Thank you for fixed and updated a BAB OverPoP san! :)

By the way....
About the "MASK Objects" has color true BLACK "R00, G00, B00".
It would be a mask for animated prop with the BAB.
however, The Result of Export of normal PROP with BAT(or 3dsmax), It could not be a MASK right. $%Grinno$%
(In this case, these BLACK objects will not be transparent in SC4Model files)
I think that a lot of poeple whom using a BAT(or Max) long times would confused about that maybe. :-[

### for Japanese ###
バグ修正、BABのアップデート、ありがとうございます! :)

マスクとして使われる黒のオブジェ(R00,G00,B00の色のオブジェ)についてですが...。
BABではこの黒のオブジェが「マスク」として機能されますよね。
ですが、通常のPROPとしてエクスポートする時は、この黒いオブジェは透過される事無く「黒いオブジェ」として扱われてしまいます。
この辺りがBAT(3dsmax)を使い慣れている方には間違いやすいかもしれませんね。 :-[

OverPoP

Quote from: MAS71 on June 20, 2009, 03:09:03 AM
however, The Result of Export of normal PROP with BAT(or 3dsmax), It could not be a MASK right. $%Grinno$%
(In this case, these BLACK objects will not be transparent in SC4Model files)
I think that a lot of poeple whom using a BAT(or Max) long times would confused about that maybe. :-[

:o aaaaaaah! my misunderstanding again!
BAT exports non-alpha images but has LODs, so BAT can know the difference of background's black and object's black.
BAB cannot do it. When BAB makes alpha from BAT-images, BAB ignores real-black color (but it makes the way of Masking).
Sometime in this 1.5 years, I did misunderstand that BAT also should ignore the black.
Ignoring the black is BAB's spec. and the masking is the method only for BAB.
I will add them on the manual.

Thanks MAS-san   :)
SC4Lots by me --- but only 4 themes at:MayorOverpop's junkyard

OverPoP

Welcome. Welcome to simCity 17

Dr.Breen taught me about the orientation problem of the LotEditor besides our reproductive cycle.
On the LotEditor, two groups of the animaions are placed and the right group is seems to be well, but it will be fail on the game map.
North and South have no problem, but East and West are reversed.
On the LotEditor, the left group is set correctly according to the prop's arrow but the LotEditor shows the animatin reversed.

So, if the animation is to be set toward east or west, the animation must be placed like this... >:(

Pat

overpop san that is simply stunning work you have done w/BAB and all the hard work too!!!!  I love that animation of the guy there that is sweet...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pspfsx

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls
thanks,overpop,but how can I download?

jp

wow Dr.Breen from Half-Life 2!! second best game ever (after SC4 of course)
Very nice work on the BAB :thumbsup:

cogeo

I have some questions about BAB:
- Is it possible to make an animation visible in zoom levels 1 & 2? If not, one would have to make a special (static) prop visible in zooms 1 & 2 only.
- How can you make the animation moving faster or slower? For example, a very slow animation with the "period" time set to one game-day?
- Is it possible to make an animation that stops after all frames are played (ie one that doesn't cycle, but displaying the last frame), and triggered again in some specific time of day?

OverPoP

I'm sorry to be too late for replying to your questions :-[.

Quote- Is it possible to make an animation visible in zoom levels 1 & 2? If not, one would have to make a special (static) prop visible in zooms 1 & 2 only.
I think ... Zoom-Level 1 and 2 are not visible by the setting of SC4-sistem.
This kind of animation has 2 control-files AVP and ATC, and ATC has 5 Z/L.
When I tested Zoom-Level, I made 5 Z/L pictures and set paremeters in ATC, also I set appearanceZoomsflag=1F. Then Z/L 1 and 2 were seen on the iLive Reader but they were not on the LotEditor.          

Quote- How can you make the animation moving faster or slower? For example, a very slow animation with the "period" time set to one game-day?

"Faster" is made by thinning out of animation frames, but the SC4-animation has about 10 frames per second. So, it is little difficult to show the animation fast and smooth.     
"Slower" is easy by setting Frame-steps(gmax:BAB table) smaller or End-time of Time Configration(gmax) larger.
"Longer" is very difficult. Because animated images are set on the 256x256 bitmap-planes and the bitmap-planes are allowed 256 to use that means to make a longer animation is to make a smaller one. One game-day animation will be a tiny lamp sending signales in morse code (for about an hour in real).

Quote- Is it possible to make an animation that stops after all frames are played (ie one that doesn't cycle, but displaying the last frame), and triggered again in some specific time of day?

If it is possible, BAB can be more useful tool and will get a award for something, but it seems almost impossible.
I tested some parameters about it, but they didn't work.
I only know one SC4-default lot ( 0x2ad50000---ARR16x2x16_CrossingArms_2AD5 ) that has non cycled animations and static images (...animated "open", static open, animated "close", static close...) . It may be controled by a trafic "Effects"(in your territory?) 
I hope the answer of "One Shot" to be found in "Effects" .

xxdita

I haven't tested the BAB, as I'm not a batter, but I love what it's already added to the game so far.

It seems like you should be able to add in the same image a few times, to give the illusion of the prop being static, even with the animation still running.

justinrpg

OK i downloaded BAB but i cannot even get it to open i get an error upon startup stating Cannot Find original B.A.T Scrips C:\gmax\gamepacks\BAT\Scrips\TB2Main.ms 
after that error... i get another error stating: "stop statement encountered"

Is this a Windows 7 Issue or does the program not work at all

EDIT: It seem like that SC4BAB is automatically renaming all the scripts files.... after open then error TB2Main.ms is renamed to BAK__TB2Main.ms and as well as the other scripts... if i have all the Script files... i get an error stating "Path Not found" then after that all the scripts in BAT has the prefix BAK__ and then BAB Cannot find them again

c1bmmonom

I know this does'nt works with bat4max, but if i have instaled bat4max v4 and i make a model in gmax and sc4bab will bat4max has any influence with my model???

c1bmmonom

Forget my last message until that!!! I have a few quetions: is this topic alive?? I'm very entusiast with BAB and i made alright a eolic animated turbine with it, but i wanna know if overpop is still on the forum and maybe know if someone else work with bab and may help me on my way with bab! The maximum of animations is 248x248 but if i wanna a outdoor on top of a tall build i can make a prop and then highest a prop on other way?? maybe with lot editor or don't know which other tool to use?? Moderators please let me know if this topic was abandonated!!! Sorry for english, is'nt my 1º language!!

skyscraper242

I've got a problem. An error occures if I wanna start BAB. I use Windows7, is that the reason?

willsim

I cant seem to get the program started and was hoping someone could help these are the error messages Ive ben getting  first it says on top(blue bar) (BAB) Error then in the box Error: Path not found. 2econd one (in order) is (BAB) missing bat scripts in the blue bar and the box says Cant find origanal bat scripts.     (C:gmax/gamepacks/BAT/scripts/tTB2main.ms), when closed I get a box that says SC4 BAB in the bar and An exclamation triangle that says Stop statment encountered.
Ps my computer is a windows xp proaith an amd athlon hd and the latest dirextX. ()= brackets

Thanks willsim

MAS71

@Willsim
I don't understand well to your situation  :-[
Do you have installed the BAB with these steps in this page ?
--> http://myrovp.fromc.jp/SimCity4/BAB/Readme.htm
Please check it again an explanation of "INSTALL" in a page.  ;)

Hope this helps  :)

willsim

Quote from: MAS71 on July 21, 2011, 07:31:00 AM
@Willsim
I don't understand well to your situation  :-[
Do you have installed the BAB with these steps in this page ?
--> http://myrovp.fromc.jp/SimCity4/BAB/Readme.htm
Please check it again an explanation of "INSTALL" in a page.  ;)

Hope this helps  :)
I checked all of this and it still does the same thing please help me I even installed vb6 runtime and lot editor, have bat and gmax

MAS71

Can you using normally B.A.T without the BAB ?

Does 1st error appeared after you started a BAB ?

Quote from: willsim on July 21, 2011, 05:08:48 AM
the box says Cant find origanal bat scripts.     (C:gmax/gamepacks/BAT/scripts/tTB2main.ms)
As message said,  Is there the file "TB2main.ms" in this folder surely ? (It's not "tTB2main.ms")

I don't know what a Blue-Bar that you said, I don't have any idea.... &mmm

xannepan

Sorry for posting in this thread after such a long time of no activity... But I just have to give my compliments for creating such a great tool! I used it for the first time andit worked witthout any problems! Thanks for such a great tool!

-alex

HurricaneMod10

I can't be able to get a sign in or login on this site, which has been lots of errors on the register and the site is log onto https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2082 website.

Thanks.

Tarkus

If you're trying to log on via the little pop up box that shows up when you load the page, that doesn't really work.  Try logging in via the LEX's front page first instead, and then try out that link.

-Alex