• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NYBT International Month

Started by Vlasky, June 01, 2015, 05:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddonquixote

Wow.. absolutely stunning!! Love it  ;D
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Bipin

romualdillo

Aaron Graham

Sterling Drug Company Building

This could be a new project for "International Month", the building does not look to hard to make and it does not have a plaza that will slow things down.

Here's the links to the buidling. :D

Emporis Link:

http://www.emporis.com/buildings/115573/sterling-drug-company-building-new-york-city-ny-usa

Google Maps Link:]

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.750162,-73.979096,3a,75y,336.68h,106t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sUm0QIxwlFEoRCtTqE_eAtQ!2e0
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

seraf

You are trying to make me feel guilty about me doing only one building for the IM aren't you? ;)

Anyway, here's my building for the International Month, 27E27thStreet:

Aaron Graham

Looks great buddy, I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. I would love to see you do something tall. :P

Paramount Plaza

Here's a render, I'm working on the glass trying to get an idea to make it better.

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

c.p.

I like the clear glass, and how you can see the shadows falling across the floors, and that some of the blinds are down or partially down.  The main part of the tower looks very good to me. :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Aaron Graham

romualdillo- Thank you!!! :D

Here's an update on the building still has a way to go. :)

Jack_wilds

Aaron Graham

NYBT Sterling Drug Company Building

Test render, after test, render after, test render, and now I have an update. All the testing was for the glass and the building facade color, the renders were lasting up to one hour and it's twelve minutes, I went through a lot and I still have more work to do. I need to work on the lower floors, the rest of the curtains, the roof and the inside of the building. :)

Girafe

Good job.

I would tweak a little bit the glass:

- make it a little bit more reflexive
- play with the refraction max distance color as you have your blinds close to the windows it will not change the color of the blinds but change the color of the floor when you don t have blinds, I would go for a dark brown from the pics of the building I have seen. It will give more "depth".

;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

Girafe- Thank you, I have added more reflection, I will do the other stuff in my next render to see it it will look good.

NYBT Sterling Drug Company Building

Here's a small update, still more to do.

c.p.

FlyHigh

Very nice initiative! Personally I hate International Style architecture but but appreciate good architecture you need to have bad one  :satisfied:
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

Simcoug

Very cool Aaron!  This will be a great addition to many CBD's.

noahclem

Aaron Graham

Thank you guys!!! D

Looks like I'm getting lazy again. :P Here's a small update, I still have a lot of work to do before this building is finished. :) Something is wrong with the windows on the lower setbacks, it's the white curtains. It's not rendering the glass, so I will have to do something to fix that.

deora

I see what you mean with the unrendered curtains.Did the Program ran out of capacity or just a minor hiccup which disappears after a new render session?
However, it still looks amazing.We definately need more NYBT months, maybe with smaller projects than highrisers.... ::) (whispering voice: rowhoused :D)

c.p.

Looks like it's coming along nicely.  Other than the unrendered glass, the texturing seems perfect so far. :thumbsup: