• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG - Airport Road Improvement Project (ARIP)

Started by ShadeSlayer, February 20, 2010, 11:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadeSlayer

nekseb

The AR is avaible on LEX - do you have a time range when your pack will be released?
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

Koekie01

Okay, looking forward to the release, which I think won't take long.  ;)

Good luck with the final steps!

Koekie

ShadeSlayer

I can't give you an exact date, but it shouldn't be long now.

ShadeSlayer

HUGE UPDATE FOR ARIP:

I recently (see: today) got the AR files, which made it possible for me to create the textures for ARIP, and guess what? The textures are done!

After a couple hours of work, I managed to make, and perfect 32 more Airport Road textures, which in turn will end up creating about 50 more lots. This will include essential lots left out by the AR Project, as well as Diagonals (and the diagonal variants of the left out ones).

Right now is just some time for testing the lots themselves, and then the weekend will be spent on lotting, icon making, and hopefully modding that will move forward to the release.

I expect ARIP to be released within 7 days, so start getting excited.

Koekie01

Quote from: ShadeSlayer on April 17, 2010, 12:09:27 AM
I expect ARIP to be released within 7 days, so start getting excited.

&hlp

I'm looking forward!

Koekie

PS. Probably I'm too late, but I have 2 suggestions for the ARIP. First one, road under terminal piece, something like the parking terminal piece in ACB VLT Terminals and Jets Series 1. The second one, a connector from ARIP to road (or street).

Hopefully you can look at it! :D

fafalone

The main problem with putting a road under the terminal/concourse pieces in the AC pack is that the models have a staircase extending all the way to the ground right in the middle of the tile. So there's no way to put a road under any of the pieces without part of the model clearly blocking the road. A model would have to be re-done, which can only be done by the AC since it's their models.

The only way around an effect like that is to make it 2 tiles thick, which won't look good:

The only other way around it would be a whole new model, either an extension of the jetway; which presents problems since jetways are in all different places on the various plane lots, or new terminal pieces that were aesthetically similar to the AC terminal/concourse pieces, which would be a major project.

Either way, although I'd love to have it, it's not something that seems likely to happen in the near future :(

ShadeSlayer

@Koekie01: Your first idea is good -- connecting to a terminal piece would be cool, but as Jon explained, it wouldn't work. The second idea is also good, but from a realistic standpoint, you generally wouldn't see that.

An update over on this side. Less a few minor details, I am 100% done making textures, and I'm 100% done making icons. All there is to do now is fixing a texture issue, lotting, modding, testing, and then the release!

raja indy

@Koekie1; I made an airport road-under-concourse piece by elevating the concourse piece and putting supports underneath it to enhance the impression of elevation.

Of course, this isn't a perfect solution to the problem, but it does work.  This is the first time I've ever tested them in-game, and it is clear that some changes need to be made to make the support struts more visible.

As for the Airport roads, I can't wait for them to be released! Complicated airport road networks here I come...

fafalone

Interesting...  How do the jetways line up? Are they below the glass? That would be the main deal-breaker.

raja indy

Some of them are.  The Boeing 747s are borderline (i.e. unless you're really picky they look like they match up with the bottom), the 757s and 787s match up almost perfectly.  The 737s and A320s are a little too low, but they don't look bad unless you zoom in and look closely from a particular angle.

joelyboy911

Here's what I've made. Tell me what you think.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

fafalone

Looks fantastic. And wide enough to accommodate most jetway placements.

raja indy

Ooooh! That's great! It can be used in my slightly vintage airports (part of the reason I'm so excited about some of the upcoming SCAG aircraft releases, like the 727 and the A300)

joelyboy911

I'll make a finalised version and send it on to Shadeslayer for inclusion in the ARIP Project.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Koekie01

Quote from: joelyboy911 on April 18, 2010, 12:24:22 AM
I'll make a finalised version and send it on to Shadeslayer for inclusion in the ARIP Project.

Joelyboy, you can read my mind. I was forget to add that to my suggestions, but luckily you add it! Thank you. I hope Shadeslayer can add it to the package!  ::)

Looking forward!  ()stsfd()

Koekie

PS. You're right about the under concourse pieces, I now use (with only the AR) the Parking pieces to create a sort of underpass. Works good enough! Thank you all for your quick and usefull replies!

[Delta ²k5]

Well... I think that the part above the road could be wider, maybe as wide as the pice where the jetway is connected... or doublewide as it is now... mainly when I look at the 747 I think that this way would be a bit narrow in real life ::) yeah, I know... everytime I've got to critiqe something :P

Gilikov1994

Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

KoV Liberty

Wow, I was actually going to make something like that for the Terminal project. Guess there is no need now, well, maybe. I still think I will make something else like it.

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Jack Bauer

These new ramps are stunning. I like them and they more realism to the game. I was wondering if it would be better to make an HSBC jetbridge version like on this photo :

You can see these ramps in major worldwide airports such as Heathrow, Roissy or JFK.