• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

a mod to make more boats appear..

Started by Natuurzoon, April 21, 2007, 09:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natuurzoon

i don't really know if this even is a mod, but can someone make a lot or so, that you can plop in the water, and then a lot of boats like yachts or sailboats appear everywere. i'm aksing this because, there are hardly any of those boats on the water, maybe one or 2 sailboats. i'm working on a tropical region, and it would really be perfect, to just have more of those boats on the water. I think this is possible, there are lot's that make more cars appear on the road, so i think the same can be done for boats, at least i hope. I have absolutely no idea how to do something like this, so i hope that someone could do this.
thanks in advance..

natuurzoon

M4346

I'm no expert in this, but isn't there like an "effect" prop that you can add to a lot in the LE?

Maybe "inspect" the original Maxis marina?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jeronij

I never made such a mod, but I think it is related to the occupants groups for the lot exemplar. The exemplar should be added to some of the automata generators groups.
Of course I maybe wrong, and if some experienced modder check this thread and has some more specific information, it would be greatly appreciated  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

flame1396

I've done a bit of looking into it and Jeroni is right....

but why not use GDV's plop boats. they dont suck up resources like automata either!  :thumbsup:
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

sobol

I like the boat traffic.  I wish there was more of it, and variety too.
I've got nothing.

Swamper77

The number of boats that appear on the water is determined by the Automata Tuning Exemplar (TGI: 0x6534284A,0xA998D30B,0x00000001). The property in question is "Max Watercraft" and it's default value is "0x14" (20). If you are using the NAM, modify the property in the Automata File that is provided to you after installing the NAM, since this one overrides the game's default file settings for the Automata Tuning Exemplar.

In order to get boats to appear on the water to start with, you need the default Marina or possibly the game's beach. The Marina allows you to drive them though, via UDI. (Yeah, I know. Not many people use this feature of RH/Deluxe) ::)

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Ennedi

Quote from: Swamper77 on July 16, 2007, 04:35:58 PM
In order to get boats to appear on the water to start with, you need the default Marina or possibly the game's beach. The Marina allows you to drive them though, via UDI. (Yeah, I know. Not many people use this feature of RH/Deluxe) ::)

-Swamper77

I think not only these lots generate boats.
Here I have only the ferry port

And in this city

I have only this

I also used in this region your SW77 Seaport Support, but I don't know if it is important in this case
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Swamper77

I'll take a look into the lots to determine what is controlling what in the game. I'll continue this project discussion in the other thread of yours ;)

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

sobol

I've got nothing.

vester

Swamper77 has gone down with a bad case of RLS, so don't expect much further progress.  :(

Swamper77

I still check in from time to time, but I don't have any time to make/edit mods or do anything intensive with SC4 stuff anymore. I have work 5 days a week from 11am-8pm and only 2 days off during the week. These 2 days are quickly used by the stuff that I didn't get done during the week and by my Sunday LARPing. My LARPing is my only stress release each week. My job is rather stressful so I spend a lot of time being "sick" from it. Stress is rather toxic.

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!