• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

a zip with a buch of config.bmp files or program to make them

Started by justinrpg, April 08, 2010, 05:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

making config.bmp files is hard, is there a zip with a bunch you can use or a program to make them?

Andreas

Andreas

justinrpg

I cannot figure it out, I click on edit region, but when I try to change a size for a city, the whole region says "Position Locked" making it impossible to edit the config.bmp. Why are all my cities in a region locked, and how do I unlock them to edit the size of a city  :angrymore: :angrymore: :angrymore: :'( :'( :'(

thingfishs

I'm not sure about the startup manager, but making a config.bmp from scratch is really quite easy. Do you happen to have PS or similar? PS is what I use but it's basic stuff, I have no doubt there will be a free graphics program out there that can do it. There are tutorials around for this, have a search, or if I find one I'll post it here.

Andreas

Quote from: justinrpg on April 08, 2010, 06:43:33 PM
I cannot figure it out, I click on edit region, but when I try to change a size for a city, the whole region says "Position Locked" making it impossible to edit the config.bmp. Why are all my cities in a region locked, and how do I unlock them to edit the size of a city  :angrymore: :angrymore: :angrymore: :'( :'( :'(

You cannot edit the config.bmp for an existing region, since the size of an existing city cannot be changed. So what you have to do is creating a new region and edit the config.bmp before the actual cities are rendered (i. e. from a grayscale map). Please refer to the included help file that explains how to use the program.
Andreas