• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM May 2010 Release

Started by Tarkus, May 09, 2010, 01:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron3001

Quote from: io_bg on June 20, 2010, 03:46:36 AM
First install SAM and then the NAM essentials. :thumbsup:

oh, I've already installed the essentials before the SAM. So, I simply re-install the essentials, rite?

io_bg

I think yes. (please someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

No, it doesn't make any difference in which order you installed the mods, as long as you have both of them installed.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

JoeST is correct.  The main NAM download includes the same exact controller file that is in NAM Essentials right now.  As such, if you're downloading NAM Essentials, you're effectively downloading duplicate files.  As such, Essentials is strictly "non-essential" right now.

-Alex

mal7798

This looks really nice! But how do I download it? I get a link to the download page and it just sits there doing nothing. There are hundreds of comments there, but no download occurs.

Tarkus

Quote from: mal7798 on June 22, 2010, 09:32:42 PM
This looks really nice! But how do I download it? I get a link to the download page and it just sits there doing nothing. There are hundreds of comments there, but no download occurs.

LEX registration is separate from forums registration.  You must be registered and logged onto the exchange in order for the download link to show up.

-Alex

donidoni

erasmusjhomeowner

Quote from: mal7798 on June 22, 2010, 09:32:42 PM

I have this same problem. Can get to the dload page from the first post (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=851) but can find no link/button/anything to start the dload. Am I being very thick?? Help.

=[

daeley

answer is two posts up :)

Quote from: Tarkus on June 22, 2010, 09:57:07 PM
LEX registration is separate from forums registration.  You must be registered and logged onto the exchange in order for the download link to show up.

-Alex
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

erasmusjhomeowner

heh, thanks. I found it about 20 secs after I posted. Always the way.

Only just found all this stuff after years of not playing SC4 because of all the problems this will solve. Hello SimCity, bye bye marriage.

=]

Barker

:thumbsup: Thank you NAM team for revitalizing my interest in SC4.  I like creating large regions, but usually give up once commute times start causing abandonment.  I don't install any mods other than the nam, and the version I had was from a while back (I think 2006 sometime).  It was using better pathfinding, 5X, and still wasn't cutting it.  Got the new nam installed, using z high, and my city is growing again.

Good stuff, amazing mod, thank you to all involved!  &apls

ivo_su

Damn this topic irritates me now do not you think it is high time to be erased and replaced by a new and so long awaited.  ;)  ;D
Tity was a joke - seriously now, after completion of the NAM 30 work should continue and what interests me is the next section in what will be numbered 31 or 30.01 AFAIK there are three new departments of the NAM that is currently being developed and when completed will require new NAM nucleus to function properly right?
But then innovation will be so much that hardly appropriate 30.01 or something. Rather, 31 or any integer,  because then there will be a  really big bang.

Living  for NAM,
- Ivo