• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

mod to ease creating transportation on uneven (odd) terrain

Started by justinrpg, December 27, 2010, 03:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

a lot of my regions are jpgs converted into grayscale which makes a lot of drops in mountains, hills, water, etc. and a lot of times it won't let me build roads droping from a high place to a low place or other things that go wrong preventing me from creating roads to places with odd terrain... is there already a mod out there for this that someone can link me to... or can someone create one...

jmyers2043

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. But jpg editing (such as blur or sharpen) is usually done in a paint program.

I think that I'd use the SimCity (God Mode) terrain softening or errosion tools if I were in your shoes.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

justinrpg

i meant for a mod to make it possible to build roads on those terrains... basically a mod to build roads on almost any terrain...

j-dub

As for you road and terrain situation, have you ever heard of slope mods? Despite the name, slope mods, are actually intended for that purpose, the purpose roads should be able to be built for tougher terrain situations, the only thing is, it mainly depends on how extreme your terrains are, I mean its not like your going to be able to build a road straight down a mountain, but if it sloped down, maybe, there are multiple slope mods, by various people though, so your just going to have to experiment, with only one at a time in operation, otherwise you will crash and burn. Sadly I do not have links nor recommendation, as I have more of a flat personallity taste.  As for Myers comment on errosion, unfortunately, roads and errosion, don't mix, so, it is best to take care of that, before you build roads. However to access God Mode to enable mass land editing during Mayor Mode, you simply use the 3 finger salute, ctrl-alt-shift, before clicking the God mode icon.