• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aaron Graham's BATs

Started by Aaron Graham, February 28, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Graham

Buzzit-

Here's a picture of my scene, I have made the building and with that the foundation part, the piece that will show up when you have a lot in a hilly area. When it's time to do an export to the game, you want to make a custom LOD's if not the lot will not look right in the game.

when it come to making LOD's you have to be careful and try to make sure that all the items on the building are in the custom LOD's. When I made my slope frindely bats the foundation is not connected to the main building, why is this is because the foundation LOD's need to be tight as possable, all I did is make a second copy of the buildings foundation and selecet one object from the copied foundation and right click and press editable poly and attach all the items on the second foundation. When you finish your LOD's you must clone it three times name one LOD3, the next LOD4 and the last one LOD5 remember the Lods has to be right on the building model.

When it comes to making slope friendly buildings you will have to do some moding, so you will need the Iives Reader to do the moding if you don't know. were you see building foundation you want to enter in 0x194B100, if you do not see building foundation in the reader then you will have to right click and go to add property and find and add the building foundation, what this do is it get rid of the maxis foundation this will show up on you lot when it's on a hill. So the only foundation that should show up is yours. In the lot editor the things I have play with is the threhold and the elevation change, in max elevetion on my lot is 6.00 so it should not grow on a very steep hill. Anything above 4.00 like 8.00 that means it can take on a steeper hill.

I hope this help you out, I tried my best.

Aaron

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Aaron Graham

Ok, here's an update on my Hogan Apartments, there where on my thread at ST and I decided to post the images here as well, there almost finish but need some work to it.

I did not texture the pot thingy that's below the bushes, what color should they be??

South

South
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

peter007

Wow It almost looks like a maxis building. Very beautiful

Sciurus

Very nice building &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

io_bg

I can't wait to put this in my NYC recreation $%Grinno$% This should blend really well with the maxis buildings!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Aaron Graham

peter007- Thank you!!!

Sciurus- Thank you!!!

io_bg- I hope I upload this soon so I can finish up my other bats.

Ok, I have imported the Hogan Apartment in 3ds Max. Here are some images I had to fix up to match up with SimHoTToDDy picture he has fixed up on the right, mine is on the left.

Hogan Apartments

North

East

peter007

Very nice building.
Can you make close-ups from the windows, roof & entrance, because you can't see all the details with this view.

Aaron Graham

peter007- Thank you!!! here some closer renders I hope you like them.

I have tried my best to fix the side wall on the Hogan Apartments, I hope they look good to you guys. I did darking the wall texture just a little I hope that does not hurt it to much.

Here's the Graham Apartments in 3ds Max, I hope you guys like it.

South

West

North

Here's the Hogan Apartment Building 01 of Course.

South

North

peter007

&apls Very Impressive  &apls

May I ask how you made those heads (?) on the first building. They're great. Have you imported them or...
Great details though.

And your second building is perfect although your textures have some gaps but it doesn't makes the building uglier.
Keep it up.

Girafe

Really fast progression  &apls &apls &apls

Your work is more and more impressive every day  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

seraf

Of course I like it Aaron :) These heads are very nice and quality of the whole model is really good  &apls &apls Can't wait to see it finished :)

Aaron Graham

peter007- Thank you!!!! I have made the heads starting from a sphere object, did you want me to make a small tutorial on it or something??

Girafe- Thank you!!!! yes, I'm trying to get better and better.

seraf- Thank you!!!! I hope I finish soon.

Here's an update to the Graham and Hogan Apartments, I have night light to the Hogan Apartment, the first model, I'm going to get the other building soon.

Graham Apartments

South

East

North

West

Hogan Apartments

North

South

South

North

Here's an image of Heblem's 195 3rd Ave. he wanted me to work on it sense I do apartments. I also have updates on the Beekman Hotel Tower, it's not the best but I'm trying, I have so many buildings to work on. :dead:

195 3rd Ave.

South

East

Beekman Hotel Tower

peter007

Very nice.

Your texturing is great/wonderful.  &apls

-Ernst

iskrem

Wow those NY buildings look great.
Agree with peter007, fantastic textures  &apls
Hope to see this on the Xchange.

Regards Iskrem

Aaron Graham

peter007 Thank you!!!!

iskrem- Thank you!!!!

NYBT Park Towers Apartments

Here's an update on the Park Towers Apartmenst I have add some more things to it soon, I need to add some stair in forn of the building becuase it lead under ground, then after that I can add roof junk and then texture it again.

South

North

East

West

sim_vern

Having lived in NYC your BATs are awesome.  If I may make a suggestion.  Put pigeon coops on some one of those buildings.  Why not?  I see you have a bodega on one of them already so take the next step. Regardless, great work!

peter007

Very Nice Apartment.
The trees are very nice.
Which color are they going to be?

Color from Autumn/Summer/Spring ?

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kapete

Nice buildings! I'M loving it  &apls