• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

File viewer that will show a photo of the lot/bldg

Started by earlbeach, June 03, 2011, 11:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earlbeach

I had something like this before I changed computers some time back.  As I recall when the tool was loaded you could click (maybe a right click) on a SC4lot file and it would show you a view the jpg (?) of the lot/blgd.  Does this tool sound familiar and/or do you know where I can get it?  Or does this just come from a dream I may have had?

Thank you

Buck

mrbisonm

Hm...the only thing I can think of is the ilives reader,
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=656
, where you can see a png of the whole lot.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

earlbeach

Quote from: mrbisonm on June 03, 2011, 11:45:42 AM
Hm...the only thing I can think of is the ilives reader,
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=656
, where you can see a png of the whole lot.

Fred

Nice to chat with you again, must be a couple of years.  No it wasn't the reader, I couldn't get by the opening page with that one.

Buck

cogeo

You can open the file in the reader, and see the Lot Preview PNG (if the lot has one). The reader is the "universal" modding tool as of now.

There's another modding tool, called DatGen, not as fast as the reader, but this one creates file type associations too, eg double-clicking on a .dat or .SC4Lot file will open this file in DatGen. This tool however, has fallen into nearly disuse.

There were some older utilities too, with names such as Browser, Lot Tweaker and the like, but these are really old, and haven't got new versions, updates or support, for years. So you may not want to use them anymore.

earlbeach

Quote from: cogeo on June 03, 2011, 01:11:59 PM
You can open the file in the reader, and see the Lot Preview PNG (if the lot has one). The reader is the "universal" modding tool as of now.

There's another modding tool, called DatGen, not as fast as the reader, but this one creates file type associations too, eg double-clicking on a .dat or .SC4Lot file will open this file in DatGen. This tool however, has fallen into nearly disuse.

There were some older utilities too, with names such as Browser, Lot Tweaker and the like, but these are really old, and haven't got new versions, updates or support, for years. So you may not want to use them anymore.

Tried the Lot Editor but didn't show the entire lot (I obviously didn't know how.  The DatGen sounds exactly like I remember what I had.  Used it from my Exploryer (actually PowerDesk 8). With it I could go from one dat or SC4Lot file to another without having two restart it like with Lot Editor.  I was probably using it wrong.

Hey thanks a lot.

Buck

mrbisonm

Quote from: earlbeach on June 03, 2011, 06:48:04 PM
Tried the Lot Editor but didn't show the entire lot.
I obviously didn't know how. Buck

There are two (2) png's in the LE availablle, one shows only the preview icon (thumbnail) and the other the whole lot from one angle, just in case you didn't see.......

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)