• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Updates (Turn 20)

Started by nedalezz, July 27, 2011, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exla357

So do I have to do anything besides go to work?

marsh

Quote from: marsh on July 28, 2011, 06:46:58 PM
Well I guess all of it at $16,000.  ::)

I already posted mine. ;)

nedalezz

Exla - For this first turn, no :) As you save money, you might want to venture into opening up your own business, buying land, buying a house, or simply improving on your influence (as a government employee, you get influence with each turn - this is exclusive to government employees.) Influence is important if you have an interest in joining a political career - very high fixed salaries along with Real Life desicion making!

marsh - Sorry about that, will get on it right away!

Alright, we have all the information we need to end Turn One. Watch out for Turn Two, should be coming at you tomorrow at max!

Deionn

I would like to purchase house number 8 which is right in the CBD, you'll never know when growth happens. My characters name is Alex Meade and I would like him to be a government worker, I'm also inquiring who works at the geothermal plant?

nedalezz

Welcome Deionn (and Alex Meade!)

Im glad you mentioned the geothermal plant - it is now seeking employment and has a position open for a Ground Supervisor!

The houses are actually owned by the government, and since you are an employee of the government, your housing is free of charge, plus you only pay half for Life Neccessity (the government gives you the rest.) I'll have your Player Factbook up soon, and Turn Three will be your first turn.

Speaking of factbooks, they are now up! See the latest information on your characters there!

nedalezz

Right, so King Edward Ezamsi is constructing his new Royal Residence. What do you think guys - grand, opulent, and big (the king has money!), or humble and elegant?

marsh, the market stall will have to be moved :( I will place Areameder and Garvei next to each other just a little north of the house north of the bank, if thats ok?

marsh

I'd go with the later one. It fits better in the city at the moment. The big one seems like it should be a private estate far away from any town.

Quote from: nedalezz on July 30, 2011, 10:01:08 AM
marsh, the market stall will have to be moved :( I will place Areameder and Garvei next to each other just a little north of the house north of the bank, if thats ok?

Sounds fine for me.

nedalezz

Turn Two

Population: 200
GDP: $800,000 ($4,000 per person annually)
Education Level: Lowest
Government Projects: None

As word has spread about the founding of Dunya's new capital city, Rawa'a, people have begun to come in to town looking for opportunity. The population of the town has grown from 50 to 200, with the government scrambling to construct houses on the outskirts of Rawa'a to accommodate the newcomers.

The town has already seen the opening of two market stalls, owned by the Areameder and Garvei families. The two traders have served as a median between the imported goods coming in and the residents of Rawa'a.

The expansion north alongside Drift Lane saw the Harvey family purchase a 1,600 sq. meter piece of land, which was promptly turned into a vegetable farm. The crops turned a normal yield the past 6 months, of which most of it was exported.

The Bank of Dunya got itself a new teller, Nick Terrell, who has quickly become one of the most recognizable faces around town.

As you can see from the picture above, the Dunyan government recently paid $20,000 to pave a new road in the dirt, aptly named Corner Street. It becomes the third registered street in Rawa'a, and will serve to ease access to homes that the government has built further out from town. Edward Ezamsi street has also been stretched to reach the Rawa'a geothermal power plant and water pump, and a small dirt path has been cleared behind the Royal Residence, dubbed Jalmi Lane. All together, the government has spent approximately $40,000 paving dirt roads and expanding asphalt roads the past 6 months.

Next to the two market stalls, Chris Khassem has begun construction work on his new inn, called the Khassem Inn. Once completed, the 12 room inn will also feature a small pub and restaurant. The 2x1 (200 sq. meters) plot was acquired by Khassem from the Dunyan government for $2,000.

King Edward Ezamsi recently told residents of Rawa'a to invest in land, stating that the prices had nowhere to go but up. He continued by saying he wanted to see Dunyans get wealthy when the inevitable influx of foreign investors come into the land looking for real estate to develop.

Exla357

Would it be possible for Nick Terrell to buy a 4x4 plot of land at the corner of Jalmi Lane and Edward Ezamsi Street? Just to own some land?

nedalezz

Absolutely! The 4x4 plot (1,600 sq. meters) will cost Terrell $16,000 - of which he has :)

Congratulations on being the 2nd land owner in Dunya!

Also, just to clarify, as long as the land is bordering any road, and is not occupied by the Royal Residence, Bank of Dunya, or the under construction Khassem Inn, its up for sale. If someone lives on a house on the land chosen, they will be relocated :)

marsh

Well for the issue of land, I will buy a 1x3 plot of land. The 3 tiles coming out from Edward E. Street, which my house is currently on. (Not the corner lot) And I will allocate the remaining I have to buy the maximum amount of life necessity products.

nedalezz

Not a problem :) You'll be paying $3,000 for the 300 sq. meters of land, and $14,313 (the rest of your cash) buying up Life Neccessity products.

King Edward Ezamsi has written a law requiring all owners of businesses to register their businesses with the government. For Areameder, Garvei, and Harvey, each one of you should give the government the new name of your business :)

marsh

My name will be "Areameder Imports", or "AI" for short.

nedalezz

Turn Three

Population: 350
GDP: $1,400,000 ($4,000 per person annually)
Education Level: Lowest

As you can see from the pictures above, the population has nearly doubled in Rawa'a in the past 6 months as more people make their permanent homes in the capital city. King Edward Ezamsi gave permission for people to reside to the west of Edward Ezamsi Street, and even gave the approval to Nick Terrell to acquire a 4x4 plot of land just north of the Royal Residence.

Terrell was not the only one to invest in Dunyan real estate – trader Michael Areameder bought the piece of land his home is located on, and as a reward for buying the land, King Edward decided to gift him the home situated on his land, saving him from having to pay rent on the house, which he now owns.

The Khassem Inn also opened for business. The land, and the inn constructed on it, are owned by Chris Khassem. The inn features 12 basic rooms and a restaurant/pub that opens every day of the week from 6PM onwards.

The government has also given the approval for further paving of roads, with focus being on extending Drift Lane eastward and Corner Street north. There has also been preliminary approval for the construction of a small school to the east of town, possibly alongside the new extension of Drift Lane.

nedalezz

Please don't forget, for I need the business company names from Garvei and Harvey!

marsh

Going good. I'm anxious to see how the city develops as more people come in. Are you planning on making this like your old Qumma?

Exla357

I must agree with Marsh that I am fascinated to see the growth of Rawa'a.
Everything looks good here, especially the fact that I'm the richest player in town! Hooray! &hlp

-Alex (Terrell)  :thumbsup:

nedalezz

I think marsh can testify to the fact that my citybuilding is always story based and slow. I like things to develop realistically and as naturally as possible. In regards to marsh's question - this will definitely be alot more like Qumma, I guess. Maybe the architecture will be a bit different, as Im planning on using CP's 19th century housing along with Matt325's (much like Nesara), but in terms of story and development, a lot more like Qumma.

nedalezz

Turn Three - Mini Update

King Edward Ezamsi has given the approval for the construction of a primary school on the outskirts of town. After expanding Drift Lane, the government has also drawn up a new road, called Madrasa Street, the connects Main Street with Drift Lane. The Rawa'a Primary School will be located on a 3x3 plot on the corner of Madrasa St. and Drift Lane.

The government has released a budget of $700,000 from its coffers, believed to be at $1.5 million before the school, for the complete construction of the school. The school will be ready in 1 year's time (2 Turns, or at the beginning Turn Five.)

Exla357

I think drift lane will need to be paved sometime in the near future.  :)