• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Factbook Discussion

Started by nemanjanv7, August 28, 2011, 09:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemanjanv7

I'm creating this thread concerning the new Factbook.

I'm finishing a much improved version of my last FactbookBeta both visually and functionally
But I still need some more info and confirmation. I will start with this simple question:

- At first I thought when I import luxuries I don't gain anything from duty tax. I calculated income:
"IMPOTED LUX"*(1+"Markup"),             
but it's actully
("IMPOTED LUX" + Duty tax value)*(1+Markup)
NOTE! I am not taking into acount any additional bonuses

My actual formula in new factbook would look like this (translated in normal english  :P )
((Luxuries * Duty tax) + (1 + Markup + (Education level * Education level bonus) * (Luxuries * LuxuriesSold"percentage")) * (1+ Bonus) + (Invetory * (1 + Markup)
eg
((10000 * 0.05) + ((1 + 0.4 + (0 * 0.03) * (10000 * 1 {100%}) * (1+0{No bonus}) + (1500 {If you haven't sold all items last turn} * (1 + 0.4)

*I guess no additional bonuses are added to old items, that's why it's only 1.4*inventory

So is this a correct formula? It is a bit long, but at least you will not have to do it yourself every time for everybody. Maybe you want bonus to be placed somewhere else {in total sale or maybe in the first part where you have educational indexes and other stuff}
- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

nedalezz

Thanks nemanjanv7 for starting this up!

For Turn 15, I will use the old sheet I have been using, since nemanjanv7's gem is still a work in progress (albeit looking very good.)

Nemanjanv7, why dont you post it on here as an example, so that everyone gets the jist of what the new Factbook will look like, and that way we can get additional comments and opinions as well! The aim is to switch the current Factbook set up to the new one as soon as possible, but I want everyone to be comfortable with it as well :)

nemanjanv7

Ok, great. I know you can't implement it until you learn how to use it, and other players are still not added there
- I just found something you need to correct. In the sheet "Nemanya Woynitsch (nemanjanv7)", there is a table divided in two groups: Balance sheet and Turn Decisions. Sum of Turn decisions is incorrect. You need to add all inputs in it [(Necessities(Turn Decisions), Luxuries(Turn Decisions) and Duty Tax (Turn Decisions)]
- Loans sheet, even though I really like how it's organized is making errors if you deleting rows or sort thing in the biggest table. I will find the cause but as of yet it doesn't matter. It works great. Today I will Add LOAN and LOANEE table in the same sheet
- I am having some problems with sharing. I will give you the URL and you can download it. It looks really ugly in GoogleDocs, and if I convert it I get a lot of errors. I guess it's because of a lot of complex formulas and formatting. So just download it and if you are having problems, let me know.
- I hope this Factbook will be usefull.

FactbookBeta2.0

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

FactbookBetaV2.0ValuesOnly

This is a GoogleDocs Version but even though I converted the whole document to values (instead formulas) it is still making his own formattin.
So YesNo List was converted to 1 and 0 or 24:00:00  ()what().

My 8 turns (for school) turned into: 72:00:00  :o

Nemanya

nedalezz

While we are working on the new factbook, I have changed a couple of things in the current ones.

Basically, what I did was open up a sheet for Businesses, that is separate from each character's personal sheet. A business will be treated as a separate entity than the character (even though it is still owned by him/her), and the profits of each turn will be shown on the players Factbook. Since we have partnerships forming and what not, this will simplify things, and might even help things in the future when companies enter the stock market (who knows!)

nemanjanv7

Ok, I am already implementing it in new Factbook with a major change:
As it will be to many pages, I will make business in one page
They will all be  a part of one sorted table. I will add a new column that will only contain the name of the business, so you can sort it manually and uncheck all but yours. It'll be great. Uploading it ASAP. Although you will still need to download the original file as Microsoft support has not yet produced me with a satisfactory sharing explanation.

Please, let me know if you can't open it and if you have any other suggestions. Please give me feedback after reading...

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

Here is the next FactBook update

Please, take a moment to review this (download, it's really bad on web browser for now), and let me know what you think

Nedalezz, Please read the text in BLACK textboxes (in the update factbook)

New features and fixes:
-Added Business Sheet (where all the business and their balance sheets are)
-Changed Member sheet (removed business and their expenses)
-Added Liabilities to member sheet (so it shows the real worth)
-Added Private Loans Sheet
-Fixed some formulas

FactbookBetaV2.1

Nemanya

j-dub

Didn't see a cover, so I thought to publish one.

nemanjanv7

Nemanya

nedalezz

Just had a good look at the Factbook 2.1.2 - it looks good! A few points:

1) I liked the idea of having the fixed expenses on one sheet - itll help simplify everything. Maybe we can have a separate Assets sheet as well, where everything that is available for purchase can be listed.

2) The User Information sheet looks good.

3) The Player Info sheet still confuses me a little bit. I cant put my finger on it - perhaps its just not familiar to me. The big question I have is this - on my factbook, its very easy for me to update per turn, but I find it difficult with this one. Basically, its very easy for me shift Turn 16 to the side, and create a Turn 17 info sheet.

4) In the Business Sheet, there is a few points: First, profit has to account for Cost of Goods Sold: if I invest $50,000 and sell it for $60,000, and my expenses are $5,000 - my profit is actually $5,000, not $55,000. If I dont recoup my initial invest, obviously I didnt make any money! Second, while the information is all there, it seems a little too cluttered and confusing. If there is a way to clean it up a bit, that would be great!

5) The Town Info sheet looks great, as does the loan sheet.

6) Definitely like the Private Loan sheet - much needed :)

7) I want to expand the NPC sheet to feature more information, Im just afraid of the extra work! :(

Like I stated, its really looking good. I want to start implementing it ASAP, just need to clean it up a bit!

nemanjanv7

*I'm glad you like it, and that you provided feedback. I'm especially glade that you pointed out on PROFIT mistake. I'm very ashamed for that. I forgot to add (luxuries bought previous turn * (1 +  duty tax))

*** We really need to find a chatroom for this! *** Or hotmail or skype or anything similar until I finish this

1) Ok, we can have a sheet  for all the things that can be bought, but you must have noticed that there are two such lists in the FactsAndInfoRmashion sheet. You can make a droplist and shoos from them :)

2) :satisfied:

3) Well not sure I understand the question fully, so I will answer on more:
-You actually make next turn in "TownInfo" sheet. Because all the formulas that need to automatically update news from upcomming turn (like GDP/capita) are actually taking input from the biggest number in TownInfo table, column:TURN. and then it links GDP to average salaries and stuff.
-To add another table to the left, unfortunetly you have to move the other tables to the right. You noticed that table to the right has no formulas. It's only values. That's because I copied table with formulas and did two special pastes: 1.values and number formatting; 2. formating. But the first one is important. Don't just copy entirely.
* I hope you read LEGEND. all the formatting is in colors that represent something so it's easier for you. To know what is linked, what is formula, what you can change etc.

4) Sorry for the profits (I accidently linked them to turn decision expenses instead of last turn's input purchases), huge mistake! It looks cluttered. But I mustn't really have a lot of empty rows. it confuses excel even more. They are separated into groups like (Worth, owners, general info, Incomes, Operating expenses, taxes, profits, and the most important TURN DECISIONS, that's where you input business-oriented purchases in that turns (luxuries, necessities etc.).

5,6) ;D   :thumbsup:

7) yeah. let's finish this first and then do NPCs

Nemanya

nemanjanv7

EDIT: How do I stretch this image in forum?
Please provide feedback

*at the bottom left side is TOTAL ASSETS, not FIXED ASSETS

Nemanya

nedalezz

Nemanja, I cant really read it :(

nemanjanv7

Yes, at the beginning of the post, I asked how to enlarge the image. Is there a code I need to type, or what? Then I will modify my previous post so it can be readable.

Nemanya

j-dub

nemanjanv7

I hope this works...

1. I'm still not sure if to put sold stuff as I did in ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE or CASH. I'm affraid not to clutter
the Cash, so you are unsure what is there
2. Expenses are added to Notes Payable (It's a promise that it will be paid by the end of the turn)
3. Common stock. I invested 2.000 worth land and Davis invested 102.500 in cash
4. Dividend is 70% from net worth
5. Retained earnings = Accumulated Retained earnings (from before) + Net worth - Dividend
5.a Retained earnings are amounts that had been reserved for later investments and growth of company
** Bottom left is ONLY "Total assets", not FIXED

Nemanya