• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Looking for a very basic 1x1 or 1x2 "seawall" lot

Started by ithink2, May 27, 2007, 10:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ithink2

I have been looking for a very basic seawall lot.  Something very much like the simple retaining walls that are used to help keep sides of the sunken (or raised) highways and roads looking clean.  The problem is that I want a lot that will work while half-in and half-out of water.  Based on what I've read and downloaded the true seawall, canal, and coastal development kits are not what I am looking for.  I think all of these lots are great, but they are not what I had in mind.  (Mostly because they need a flat empty tile above the waterline.)

I am not looking for anything special, only someone who is smarter than me and has already taken one of the basic brick, concrete, or other "foundation" texture and made it so it can be placed in or out of water.  Having a basic fence or wall at one end would be nice, but the really important thing is that it would not be subject to the "terrain too steep" message.  Something that doesn't require any of the prop packs would be even better still.

I am sure that someone has already created this type of lot, I just haven't been able to find it.  Can anyone help me with other search terms I might use?  (I've tried searching for wall, water, seawall, retaining, canal, pier, and even "edge.")

Perhaps, like many requests that non-computer smart people make, this is not so simple.  If I understand some of the explanations in various threads, it may be that what I really want is a water lot that has a prop or overhang that actually extends "up" out of the water.  (That's the thinking behind my 1x2 lot mention.)

Any guidance anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

ithink2

Help me understand....  Is there a lot in one of these CDK's that will function as a stand alone seawall?  I tried the "seawall kit" but there were no DAT files so I think this is more for developers and not for simple users like myself.

It would also seem that most (I've not tried ever flavor) still require the flat land above the waterline to anchor the lot.  I am trying to avoide some major teraforming and I don't trust the C$$ and R$$ buildings that have grown to return if I do that....

kwakelaar

I am not sure if I understand what you are looking for, but have you tried some of the rural walls by Jeronij here on the LEX or the Marrast embankment set that can be found on the STEX?

shoreman905

You might take a look at JRJ breakwater kit. It is simple riprap, placed in water with no land tile needed. It is 1x1, with the exception of inner and outer corners. I use these in waterfronts that don't need fancy seawalls. Find it on the BSCLEX.

ithink2

Here's an image of where I am looking for the basic seawall tile.  Something that I can place half in and half out of the water.

(I can't seem to figure out how to put the image into the post, so I hope the attached file will serve to explain where and what I am looking to do...)

Meastro444

well, that is not possible to do, those tiles arent water or land so nothing can be placed on them.

however, i think it might be possible for one to create a 1*2 lot that has a water tile instead of a land tile on it. maybe it could work this way.

regards

Meastro444
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Shiftred

If i want a simple brick, stone, etc coast, I use ped-mall tiles.  They can be placed in and out of water and would work in your picture.  The only problem is they put a whole lot of green in your transportation map.

CaptCity

ithink2: If I'm understanding your request correctly, PEG created a series of water lots that do what I think you're looking for (the RKT1 series). Unfortunately, they are not able to be downloaded anymore and are only available on his Legacy CD. Also, they do not include an underbridge lot. You could check PEG's site if you're interested.

urban

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

flame1396

Overhanging Prop that can be plopped in water would be your best bet. Don't know if its been done but its possible
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Swamper77

Quote from: flame1396 on July 04, 2007, 09:04:04 AM
Overhanging Prop that can be plopped in water would be your best bet. Don't know if its been done but its possible

That's how Marrast's seawalls are done ;) The lots are plopped on land and the model extends from the lot into the water.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

flame1396

Looking at his picture he needs the reverse.

The seawall lot in placed in the water with no tiles taken up on land.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

freedo50

Didn't Jeronij make some seawalls that were just textures, that were designed to be plopped on half water tiles? Im sure he did, I'll have a check around.

Fred

ithink2

Shiftred: - Thanks for your suggestion.  It works well enough, and I really don't care much about the transportation map.  I figure if traffic gets bad enough, that black guy will tell me...  (I really only play on the easy level and I haven't been able to bring myself to complain when my son unleashes some disasters on my city.)

CaptCity: - Thanks for the tip on the Peg site.  I'll have to wander around there to see what I can learn.

Flame1396: - You got the right of what I was trying to say.  Thanks for helping me to clarify it.