• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VIP RiverKit

Started by Orange_o_, October 07, 2011, 02:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldvger

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus...please release both the older river kit with the fast, grey waters AND the new one with the calmer, bluer waters.  Anyone familiar with me knows that finding realistic PW has been a mission for me for many years and I really like what you have done.  My wish list includes: slope tolerant PW, transition tiles for PW/GW meetings, and, with your (hopefully) new additions, non-rapids matching PW so we can plop seamless transitions of river water moving from slow/meandering to falling/rapids.  Being slope tolerant is the big issue, as rapids, in real life, do not occur over flat or low slope waterways, they occur over steeper slopes...that's what makes the water move faster and more violently.

Keep up the good work!  I wish I knew how to do what you do, then I could try my hand at solving the PW problem, too!

Lora/LD

Lior

Wow, I think that everyone above said all that should have beem said. Both are amazing and we'd be very grateful if you released both.
Just one question: What does PW mean?

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

calibanX

I will humbly add my two cents to the conversation. I would love to be able to choose from both of your stellar creations but I would gladly use either. These are amazing.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Pat

David if you want outside tester for this please let me know I would be more the honored... dang I couldnt find the begging smiley lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

weixc812

wow  :thumbsup:
Now I cannot wait to see the release day...Nice nice work
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Fasan

Hello!
I know that nothing more has been written a long time
and has not worked on the water on.
I'm interested in whether this magnificent water will eventually be completed.
I would love to install it in my landscapes. It is easy
wonderfully.  :thumbsup:

LG Fasan  ;)

Badsim

... 10 years after ...  ::)

A few days back, a member PM me to see if I would be willing to share Orange_o_'s RapidRiver Kit. This happens regularly, and regularly I reply that being not the creator and considering that David never wanted to release it, it would break the communty rules. This  obstinate member contacted then David directely who replied him that « ... he didn't kept the files, and told me to ask you or Girafe if you could send them to me. »  David being retired for years with no intention to come back, I'm assuming that he don't want (so don't I) to be regularly bothered by such request, I have so decided to share it in this thread, via a link to my DropBox.

The 13 pieces of the kit;

It looks good even at extra zoom SizeOf 8;

David was a pioneer. ;)

... the MMP ends by the waterfall piece, which, personally, I've never been able to place correctely (the model being partially underground it probably requests to be plopped on slope) . The whole set is rather touchy to use and requests some training before to master it. Plus, the straight borders of the various pieces request patience and skill with other MMPs to hide them, but, well ... that's now your affair !

I have modified David's MMP properties for more flexibilty and added a blank final model, all pieces are also available as props (under LE, search for VIP_Or_RapidRiver01, 02 , 03, etc.) .

MMP icon;

The link;

VIP_Or_RiverKit

Say thank you to David and enjoy it!  ;)

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °