• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Question concerning bridge approach slope

Started by fej, November 09, 2011, 10:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fej

made a bridge and it had a beautiful approach slope untill i continued the road and it started lowering it into a hole?? have a bridge height mod, nhp hole digger, and slope mode by ennedi. any help would be appreciated, thank you.

apeguy

Some slope mods change network properties so that the maximum slope change is reduced, meaning that networks need more space to change angle, i.e. more space to go from flat to sloping up/down. The way I see it, there are two ways around you problem. You could try dragging the network from both ends, and see if that works, or you could use a slope mod that doesn't change the mas slope change, or at least not much. I use Jeronij's slope mod, which allows you to create slopes without the problem you're having. (except with rail networks) Although the slopes aren't as gentle as they are with Ennedi's mod, but they're realistic enough. ;)

I hope this helps :) :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

threestooges

As I understand it, you had a road going toward the bridge that took an unexpected dip on what was (likely) a nice rise up to it. That's likely a result of Ennedi's slope mod. It gives some really graceful slopes, but it also, as I recall, has the effect of causing slight "overshoots" that will result in humps or dips at the end of a hill. One thing you could try is laying down a shorter stretch of road at the end of the slope. I think that helps prevent it.

If that wasn't it, posting a picture of the problem might help. But as it reads, it's likely a result of the slope mod.

fej

thank you both for your replies, much appreciated. i'm horrible with this stuff, can't figure out how to post a pic, i'll try switching the slope mod. thank you again.