• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Anyone know which lot this is?

Started by mike3775, December 01, 2011, 07:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike3775

This lot grows and instantly becomes immortal, yet I can never catch it while its growing to catch the name of the lot so that I can delete it from my plugin's folder.  I have had to bulldoze roads and sometimes entire city blocks(some just to gain access to the roads to plop the immortal killer) to delete this bugger.

Any help would be appreciated

mrbisonm

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mike3775

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 01, 2011, 08:12:10 AM
Did you try querying it?

The query never opens.  It just says zoned land.

catty

Have you tried using the "Query.txt" program built into SimCity to see what information that gives you (SHIFT + CTRL + ALT and query tool w/ the SC4 Extra Cheats .dll)

for more details on how it works see  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=8870.0

A RTMT station looks like this using "Query.txt"

|-----------------------------------------------------------
| Query info for cell (41, 63) on 8/11/2282
| Lot: (41, 63) 1x1, north-facing, state: occupied new, configuration: Utils_RT_FL_Road_BusSub_0c9dd026
| Jobs $8.0 $$0.0 $$$0.0 - Travel Jobs $8 $$0 $$$0
| Building: Ut_RT_FL_Road_BusSub
| Occupancy--building (tract):
| Zoned: Plopped Bldg
| Altitude: 270.0
| Land value, intrinsic: 12, total: 255 (High)
| Slope: 0.0
| Powered: yes
| Watered: yes
| Network: Road N S
| Network: Subway W
| Network: Pipe N S
| Traffic Volume: 255   Traffic Congestion: 1
| Edge Density Matrix for travel type 0 (total = 941):
|   0   0   0   0       0   0   0   0
|   0   0   0 941       0   0   0   0
|   0   0   0   0       0 941   0   0
| Edge Density Matrix for travel type 1 (total = 0):
| Edge Density Matrix for travel type 2 (total = 0):
| Edge Density Matrix for travel type 3 (total = 0):
| Edge Density Matrix for travel type 4 (total = 0):
| Edge Density Matrix for travel type 5 (total = 0):
| Edge Density Matrix for travel type 6 (total = 410):
|   0   0   0  39       0   0   0   0
|   0   0 129 230       0   0   0   0
|   0   0   0   0       0 129   0  12
|   0   0  12   0      39 230   0   0
| Edge Density Matrix for travel type 7 (total = 0):
| Edge Density Matrix for travel type 8 (total = 794):
|   0   0   0 794       0   0   0   0
|   0   0   0   0       0 794   0   0
| Edge Density Matrix for travel type 9 (total = 0):

As you can see, in a couple of places it gives you a name ... may not help you, but at least someone might recognize the name and what Plugin it comes from.

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mike3775

I tried that and its just like the regular query, no info comes up at all.  I have to assume thats because its immortal

catty

Quote from: mike3775 on December 01, 2011, 01:10:26 PM
I tried that and its just like the regular query, no info comes up at all....

So the "Query.txt" file when you open it up from your C"\Program Files\Maxis\... folder is also blank?
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mike3775

I must be doing something wrong, because I never get any txt file created in my folder at all.  I see alot of other info doing that trick prior to clicking, but it never saves anything, and I have the extra cheats .dll in my main plug in folder

catty

Quote from: mike3775 on December 01, 2011, 02:25:01 PM
I must be doing something wrong, because I never get any txt file created in my folder at all....

While playing I select the query tool, then holding SHIFT + CTRL + ALT keys down, I click the LOT, then minimise the SC4 screen and go my C:\Program Files\Maxis\... folder and copy or open up the Query.txt file, if that doesn't work for you ... maybe a immortal lot you can't query?

&mmm

mike3775

I get no query on it at all.  It only develops on the High Density Commercial(darkest blue) and is 3x3 and I guess I will have to zone a small segment and hope it grows(they stop growing once I get past stage 9 for some reason)

mrbisonm

You might get better seach results on the ST *Where can I find* thread. I always had better luck there when I am searching for something specific.
Good luck and let us know here what that lot is.... ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

whatevermind

The billboards it's leaving behind on the corner lot belong to 1500 Broadway (aka Times Square Plaza http://www.1500bdwy.com/ ) in real life.  I don't know if there's an SC4 version of that building out there, but hopefully this will give you a name to start with.  Good luck!

I knew all those visits to Times Square would pay off some day ::)

catty

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 01, 2011, 07:30:10 PM
You might get better seach results on the ST *Where can I find* thread. I always had better luck there when I am searching for something specific.
Good luck and let us know here what that lot is.... ;)

Fred

Can't move it over to Simtropolis    ;D  but I can move it over to the SC4D "Where can I find this ....?" topic and see if it has better luck over there

hopefully tho with whatevermind post as a starting point

&apls

and that its a 3x3 lot someone may be able to identify it

:)

mike3775

Thanks Catty, whatevermind, and mrbisonm for the assistance.  I posted in the ST thread that mrbisonm mentioned and I am hoping the clues from whatevermind helps.

I tried the "plopallbuildings" cheat last night, and after 30 minutes the game CTD'd because I assume it ran out of room on a large city tile to plop any more buildings, and I went through and checked all my landmarks to see if it was ploppable and had no luck. 

SC4BOY

Your lot looks very much like a growing ploppable.. check this thread to help. The issue is rather well researched including many "known problem lots"

mike3775

Quote from: SC4BOY on December 02, 2011, 09:18:26 PM
Your lot looks very much like a growing ploppable.. check this thread to help. The issue is rather well researched including many "known problem lots"

Holy crap, there is a picture in that thread that is exactly like the one I posted, xxdita posted it.  I have a feeling I found the culprit as well, after doing the lot plop cheat, which took me forever, I narrowed it down to 3 files(which I found on that cleanitall list in that thread  lol), but found many more in my plugins that never gave me issues(but I removed them anyways to be safe)

I am glad this issue is over, and thanks for that link SC4  :)

EDIT: Also thanks to everyone who offered advise on this as well.