• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

there are no interchange pieces, the MIS is free form interchange.

Hmm. Idea. Do you think you could give out not interchanges but interchange "templates" for making interchanges with the MIS?

IE a "drawing" to lay the networks on?

Tarkus

I believe what SusanMarie1956 was referring to was the actual starter pieces.  Unfrotunately, I'm not entirely sure it's possible to make them more slope friendly, unfortunately, at least not without invoking the old "NAM Sinkhole" bug.   &mmm

'shardz, what exactly do you mean?

-Alex (Tarkus)

Heblem

Hi i have been using the last NAM addon and my problem is to make the pieces match  :'( its soo tedious and difficult, actually the home/PgUp and End/PgDn buttons just rotate the camera but not the pieces. I have using the 2008 NAM version in my MD, as for suggestions:

-RHW-RHW2 overpass piece, RHW-RHW overpass piece,  RHW2-RHW2, RHW and RHW2 starter overpass pieces.
-Multilane exits as like RHW.
-MIS connector to RHW2 (the current one its a RHW2-RHW2 texture)
-Fix the road MIS conector texture.
Suggestion for the MIS -Make it multi lane option when it gets closer to a road or avenue, etc
-The RHW2 needs more curves option (but i can be plopped from the RHW curves, not sure if it works well)
-Curves for streets (also if it possible compatible with SAM)
-Diagonal RHW2 conection in to rails shows a one-way road texture.

The RHW textures are different even for the curves, and the straight pieces, I suggest to change the straight piece to a drawable RHW like past versions. As for the multilane again its soo tedious to try to plop the connector piece (RHW-Multilane) would better if that piece generates automatically while drawing into the RHW-Multilane.

I'm willing to help the NAM team in make textures if it possible ;)
Thanks
Eblem

City Builder

Hello,

Perhaps someone can tell me if Im missing a NAM texture or if it's maybe something else.  My problem is when I place a street (the gray one) and it creates a tunnel, there is no real tunnel enterance, it's basically a black box that the street runs into, where as my roads (the black with yellow striped ones) does have a tunnel enterance and exit.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

RebaLynnTS

I do believe this has been covered already, and that the reason is, there is no model for it at this time. I am sure it will be added as soon as it can be, and we need only be patient. I could make a model, but would have to be on an over hanging lot, as I do not know how to make transit network models ... yet.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

City Builder

Okalee Dokalee.  No problem over here waiting for it.  I just figured that if my install of Nam or some other plugin was the cause of it, then i'd like to find out what it is and fix it, but if it's just a matter of waiting I'll continue to only use the roads for those areas that need tunnels.  No biggie really.  Just thought i'd ask.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

dragonshardz

What I mean is a "template" for us to lay our networks on ingame and then delete.

like a guide for how to lay out say a basic diamond.

||
             /||\
           /  ||  \
          ---------
           \  ||   /
            \ || /
              ||

Oh, wait, wrong thread.....

SusanMarie1956

Tarkus is correct, by the meaning of starter pieces. A lot of my rural highways are in hills or mountains. To create an interchange in a lot of places means taking a big expanse of land and flattening it out to create the interchange.
In some places, I've left the default Maxis diamond interchange, but it looks weird to go from 2 lanes to Maxis for a short distance for the interchange and go straight back to 2 lanes.

-Susan Marie aka Blunderclod
-Susan Marie

Tropod

Quote from: City Builder on February 23, 2008, 04:09:55 AM
Hello,

Perhaps someone can tell me if Im missing a NAM texture or if it's maybe something else.  My problem is when I place a street (the gray one) and it creates a tunnel, there is no real tunnel enterance, it's basically a black box that the street runs into, where as my roads (the black with yellow striped ones) does have a tunnel enterance and exit.

I don't know why people are still releasing/using plugins that allow street/dirtroad/ElevatedRail tunnels.
*To my knowledge*, tunnel (routing) functionality is hardcoded. Thus, even making a model for this it still wont be functional for anything other than UDI. Unless of course someone's managed to find a way to get routing through these tunnels to work.

snorrelli

Quote from: Tropod on February 23, 2008, 02:24:50 PM
I don't know why people are still releasing/using plugins that allow street/dirtroad/ElevatedRail tunnels.
*To my knowledge*, tunnel (routing) functionality is hardcoded. Thus, even making a model for this it still wont be functional for anything other than UDI. Unless of course someone's managed to find a way to get routing through these tunnels to work.

Doesn't the El tunnel transit switch it to subway and then back again? Don't know about the street...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Swamper77

Quote from: snorrelli on February 23, 2008, 02:52:57 PM
Doesn't the El tunnel transit switch it to subway and then back again? Don't know about the street...

No. Only with the Elevated Rail <-> Subway transition does it do that, and that is a transit-enabled lot.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

snorrelli

What about Morifari's hillside transition (also TE'd). This is what I always use. Pathing *seems* to work fine...

Tropod

Quote from: Tropod on February 23, 2008, 02:24:50 PM

This is in reference to Tunnels, not Transit Enabled Lots. They are two completely different things & function in two completely different ways. So yes, Morifari's transition is going to work, assuming you connect everything up properly, since technically speaking it is not a Tunnel as defined by the game.

snorrelli

OK - I got it... :)

Should have known better than to stick my nose into that one in the first place.  :D

Haljackey

I have an issue with the NAM.  I don't know if its my fault or if others are experiencing this as well, but my RHW network is not functioning below the new rail-over-RHW puzzle piece.  Have a look:

As you can see, I have the RHW correctly "lined up" below the rail network, but traffic isn't using it.
-In addition, I cannot drive under the rails in UDI either, so would that mean that there may be an issue with the pathing?

Any help is appreciated.  If you need additional information, let me know!

Best,
-Haljackey

Edit: 300th post.  Wow!

JoeST

I dont know whether this is right or not but the Rail over RHW pieces had wrong paths, so maybe check using drawpaths...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Starmanw402007

My only problem I have with the nams is this. If I accidently place a puzzle piece over a building for new highway or road. It wont let me demolish the building anymore. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not. I keep demolishing but its still standing LOL. That's one tough building I say :D. $%Grinno$%.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Tarkus

Haljackey, there is indeed an issue with that path--it's backwards.  The Rail-over-RHW piece we've known about for awhile.  It's very easy to fix, but then we have to figure out how to distribute it.  (Same with the pedestrian paths on that Avenue Y-Stack.)  I'm not sure it warrants updating the main RHW file, as that's the only thing that's really wrong with it (all other reported issues are RUL-related and have to be fixed through NAM Essentials.)

In the interim, if you flip the piece backwards (such that the yellow line is on the wrong side) it will function.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on February 25, 2008, 10:39:58 AM

In the interim, if you flip the piece backwards (such that the yellow line is on the wrong side) it will function.

Really?  Well, if that will fix my problem, than I will do it!  Thanks for letting me know!

Best,
-Haljackey