• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

Quote from: soulchaser on May 03, 2008, 01:37:14 AM
ehrm...another question:
is it possible that those hole-diggers (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1544) don't work anymore with the new nam?
i'm not able to drag any roads on to those lots anymore...

Edit....
nevermind...reloaded the citytile and the lots worked again....strrrrrange (ok...that's not the explanation.....see edit2)

Edit2....
even stranger: all raisers work...diggers 8 & 10, too....but none of the other diggers....problem with the nam? or with the lots?

Do you have a slope mode (ennedi's) installed. Because then the new hole diggers/raisers have to be used (not smorics)?!

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

soulchaser

i have a slope mod....and all lots worked before the new NAM...i use a slope mod called andreas_tunnelandslopemod....don't remember where i got this

and it's shadow assassin's raiser/digger......isn't it the newer one?

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

HandsOn

Quote from: soulchaser on May 03, 2008, 02:17:33 AM
i have a slope mod....and all lots worked before the new NAM...i use a slope mod called andreas_tunnelandslopemod....don't remember where i got this

and it's shadow assassin's raiser/digger......isn't it the newer one?

Yup, the new ones (easily identified by the clearly labelled icons - 8 to 24 m up & down) are, I believe SA's. And they work - here - without a problem despite the new NAM. Same goes for Andrea's slope mod. Only Ennedi's slope mod recommends specific (i.e., new) raisers and diggers.

You might want to check for duplication, both in NAM and diggers - I've had a bit of an issue with (other) files being there twice. Got rid of the duplicates, no more problems.

From my own experiences a clean re-install of the questionable mods usually does it. Especially NAM, it cannot abide anything from previous versions (take care to look at folders starting with one or more Z_ starting the folder names).

Andreas

I assume you got my slope mod from SimCityKurier (or SimsZone back then). ;) By any chance, is your new city completeley flat? Obviously, the hole diggers don't work if the terrain is on sea level already. I had the same "error" once and was pretty desperatate, not seeing the true cause. ;)
Andreas

soulchaser

i usually play on terraced land....so...quite flat, but still far away from sea level....i'll see if there's any problem with the old files and reinstall.....
thanx so far

edit:
aaah....you were right....an issue of height...nevermind....have never had that problem before....

example of my terraced regions....

hmmm....in the end it seems not to be a NAM problem ::)

Recently Iced

Rayden

I found a conflict between a Callagrafx's lot (The Old Coach House) and the newest HSRP included on the latest NAM. Any clues?

Andreas

Hmm, that is an ID conflict indeed - the texture looks like the HSRP ramp. When checking the IDs, it appears that the ones for the HSRP ramp preview model have the same instance ID as a part of the Old Coach House model. The IDs for the ramp preview model are a bit unusual, since they are similar to the BAT renderings, rather than following the standard NAM ID scheme that is in the 0x5... range.
Andreas

HandsOn

Quote from: soulchaser on May 03, 2008, 03:19:11 AM
i usually play on terraced land....so...quite flat, but still far away from sea level....i'll see if there's any problem with the old files and reinstall.....
thanx so far

edit:
aaah....you were right....an issue of height...nevermind....have never had that problem before....

example of my terraced regions....

hmmm....in the end it seems not to be a NAM problem ::)

Still, in most places you should be able to tunnel with 8m down digger lots: the trick is to use two successive pieces at either end, then flatten the inside bottom lots (I use rail single polps because of slope mod) and then ensure that the three tile above the tunnel entrance are also flate - again using street or rail plos. Delete the "flatteners" then drag tje rail or road from either end - if it does not work from one end, it usual works from the other - at least it does here. And in casese of side-by side tunnels, they must be dragged from opposite ends..

Rayden

Quote from: Andreas on May 03, 2008, 08:59:46 AM
Hmm, that is an ID conflict indeed - the texture looks like the HSRP ramp. When checking the IDs, it appears that the ones for the HSRP ramp preview model have the same instance ID as a part of the Old Coach House model. The IDs for the ramp preview model are a bit unusual, since they are similar to the BAT renderings, rather than following the standard NAM ID scheme that is in the 0x5... range.
Is it fixable, or shall I gaet rid of Cal's lot conflicting with the NAM?

Swamper77

It's fixable. We just need to get Warrior to update the HSRP files to eliminate the problem.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Jonathan

I can update the STEX files, but not the LEX files, I'll change the IIDs upload them to the DevEx, so they can be updated. Sorry about the conflict &ops

soulchaser

Quote from: HandsOn on May 03, 2008, 11:56:42 AM
Still, in most places you should be able to tunnel with 8m down digger lots: the trick is to use two successive pieces at either end, then flatten the inside bottom lots (I use rail single polps because of slope mod) and then ensure that the three tile above the tunnel entrance are also flate - again using street or rail plos. Delete the "flatteners" then drag tje rail or road from either end - if it does not work from one end, it usual works from the other - at least it does here. And in casese of side-by side tunnels, they must be dragged from opposite ends..

thanx....never had problems with the tunnels....just was wondering why hole digging suddenly didn't work (15 down for bridges without slopes) ...the terrace i tried was one of the lower ones, so it didn't work because of height, not because of NAM-issues
you're doing a great work  &apls

Recently Iced

Andreas

@Warrior: I'll update the HSRP download as soon as I get your fix (or just tell me where I should edit the IDs). :)
Andreas

wes.janson

Is it possible to add different props to the ped tiles?
If so, how would one go about doing so?

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

simbox

Hey guys!

I just have a question/advice:

I have been having problems with monorails and I think railways too.  Basically, the screen freezes for a few seconds when I try to build monorail tracks, and also when I try to build roads near monorails or below them. In one city, the monorail usage collapsed entirely after I downloaded NAM 4/2008, and it doesn't seem like it's working properly when I try to change transportation modes.

I've used the cleanitol files for each of the downloads, and followed the instructions, I think, correctly, in downloading them in the right order.

Can anyone tell me what the issue here is? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HandsOn

Maybe, maybe not: a NAM bug. Since nothing else changed on the transits, NAM's my first port of call. Problem is similar to the well known bug of hovering a puzzle piece over a TE lot - CtD! But in this case its a street drawn towards or past a TE lot such as a metro/subway station: Crash! Samething happens if I zoom with an avenue-GLR piece ready to plop - but not always.

And before everybody points to the Zoom/Graphics bug - that's been solved eons ago, I believe by RJ (npt sure). Anyhow, no longer an issue here. Game's stable as icecubes in a freezer. Thus far only seen with streets - will try tomorrow with road/ave. Hope it ain't NAM..

jplumbley

Quote from: HandsOn on May 09, 2008, 01:42:13 PM
Maybe, maybe not: a NAM bug. Since nothing else changed on the transits, NAM's my first port of call. Problem is similar to the well known bug of hovering a puzzle piece over a TE lot - CtD! But in this case its a street drawn towards or past a TE lot such as a metro/subway station: Crash! Samething happens if I zoom with an avenue-GLR piece ready to plop - but not always.

And before everybody points to the Zoom/Graphics bug - that's been solved eons ago, I believe by RJ (npt sure). Anyhow, no longer an issue here. Game's stable as icecubes in a freezer. Thus far only seen with streets - will try tomorrow with road/ave. Hope it ain't NAM..

Is this a one time occurance or reproducable?
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

HandsOn

Quote from: Diggis on May 10, 2008, 12:04:12 PM
Normal street or SAM?
Normal street, strangely enough, as well as road (did it three times), but not avenue. And yes, I reproduced it, but I'd have to go back and test it with something other than the in-game subway station.

Bdonj

I am really new at this so please bear with me. I just downloaded the new NAM package along with the NAM essentials. Everything seems to be working except the Avenue intersections and rotaries. The icon shows up in the road menu, but there are no puzzle pieces. The file seems to be empty. I have uninstalled NAM several times and used the cleaner but I just can't get it working.

I am doing something wrong or does something else need to be installed?

Other than that, I love the NAM package.

I would appreciate any help I could get.