• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreharv

OK...small update.  I was having problems getting traffic on the RHW 3.0.  Since my last post, I reinstalled SC4, updated it (something I didn't do the first time), installed the NAM, and RHW 3.0 again.  Removed all my other plugins as well.  As the picture indicates, I am not getting any traffic from residential but industrial seems to be fine.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I'm at my wit's end.  :bomb:

Glazert

Andreharv: from what I can see in your picture, there is no residential development; it is zoned but not developed. Perhaps you just need to wait or do something to encourage development, such as putting in some green space or an elementary school, possibly a small amount of commercial.

j-dub

Also, when I have been playing, more and more, it seems to want power first before developing, not so much water, but these areas seem to want power right away.

As for the RHW. Is this a problem in other cities you have made? The tutorial levels have strict specifics on them. If you connect a road through there instead, wait for the area to develop, and then replace the road with RHW, after the area is built, if cars do use it afterward, then for sure that will indicate something. However since the RHW is not considered a road, maybe your having this problem, because it doesn't like no road connections.

andreharv

Well...I did a little more testing and...um...the pictures speak for themselves.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Actually, the CAM isn't installed only NAM and RHW but the fact that I installed the Ultra Z pathfinder might have something to do with it.  Any takes?
Edit:  To sum up the pictures, everyone walks to work.  Nobody can walk on the highway or RHW so nobody goes to work.  City is abandoned and burns to the ground as a result.  The end. ;D

Tarkus

andreharv, it appears you have the Park & Ride version of Simulator Z Ultra installed.  With the Park & Ride versions, cars cannot drive directly to work and you need Parking Garages/Lots.

Try switching to a non-Park & Ride version, or place some Parking Garages/Lots.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Swamper77

Also, the RHW2 does not have pedestrian paths on it, so the Sims can't walk to work along it.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

andreharv

Quote from: Tarkus on January 18, 2009, 02:18:01 PM
andreharv, it appears you have the Park & Ride version of Simulator Z Ultra installed.  With the Park & Ride versions, cars cannot drive directly to work and you need Parking Garages/Lots.

Try switching to a non-Park & Ride version, or place some Parking Garages/Lots.

-Alex (Tarkus)

LOL Thanks I feel real stupid  ???.  I had to think about what 'park-and-ride' implied for a second.  Then stuff started making sense. 

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on January 18, 2009, 09:12:08 AM
First of all: Great work everybody! I love those new pieces and "Networks" but I've discovered some problems that may need to be fixed:

1. A pathing problem with the style b entrace RHW6C ramp. As you can see one path isn't connected to the others and is flashing red

2. A texture problem with the 90° mis curve

Well I'm not sure if enyone saw this post by me on the last page... only to remember I'll quote it :thumbsup:

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

sim-al2

or in the NAM section that those little buttons link to? :D The link for April 2008 links to the new one. :-[
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Jonathan

Joe it's confused me quite a bit, till I looked on the wiki and got the link that way, someone please move it? :)

Why would anyone one want to use a park and ride only system, it is very unrealistic to me. Seriously the amount of simulators need to be cut down to 1 or 2 in total.

Delta 2k5, good find with ramp!, i don't understand the problem with the curve though?

Jonathan

Swamper77

Quote from: Warrior on January 19, 2009, 08:55:09 AM
Delta 2k5, good find with ramp!, i don't understand the problem with the curve though?

I think his "problem" is that it doesn't have grass surrounding it like the rest of the MIS ramp. It's just a cosmetic issue, so it really doesn't affect anything.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

[Delta ²k5]

Yes, Swamper, you are right... I meant this cosmetic thing.... :thumbsup:

MAS71

Hello everyone. ;)
at the first, Thank so much for your big developments and sharing the latest NAM. &apls

Some japanese report to me about a problem about the NAM's Railway bug.
I found a post about it by Simgoober in a thread.

Quote from: SimGoober on January 16, 2009, 06:24:57 PM
Ok, I have one.  I seem to have a texture flaw on the Railrays, and I think it is related to the NAM.  I installed the new version yesterday, after deleting the old.  Now I notice that when I draw railways diagonally, the textures don't match.  They are darker.  I am assuming it is NAM related, as it was the only thing I changed before seeing this.  I figure any of you transit gurus might be able to look at this and say, "well, that HAS to be caused by X or Y.", so I know where to begin... 

and two kind of advices that
Quote from: PATLoL SG its all good there and yes its a simple fix... To make your Rail Line textures darker and match whats there use SFBT Rail Texture... I hope that helps you out,
Quote from: marcszarI think that is a visual discontinuity between the bright Maxis rail textures and the darker NAM rail textures.
I use the SFBT Rail Texture Mod to eliminate that visual discontinuity:

I had same probmlem, and tried to use then.
but it could not solved a problem at Zoom 5(and 6).
### An error in writing about "Zoom Levels" in a pic ###
1st pic is Zoom 1-4
2nd pic is Zoom 5 (and6)

We japanese using the LeftHandVersion very well (about a NAM and SFBT RailTexutreMod and more).
Does anyone have any advice for that ??

Thanks for reading.  ;)
-Mas'71

Andreas

The SFBT Rail Texture Mod, or specifically the "SFBT_Rail Textures Mod_Darker Textures.dat" contains textures for the zoom levels 1 - 4 only, as the zoom 5 Maxis texture is already "dark". For the new NAM, dedgren created updated textures for the rail crossings (without switches), and an updated diagonal texture. This is why the screenshot SimGoober showed looks rather odd. If you have the SFBT mod installed, it will still show the older textures in zoom 1 - 4, so this might look odd as well. I have updated the mod (including wealth-level textures), so hopefully, there is a fix soon.
Andreas

dedgren

MAS71, my friend- I know what is the basic cause of your issue, and that reported by others.  It would appear that we need to think through the implementation of the diagonal rail texture upgrade, as I had always thought that it would go hand-in-hand with the use of the SFBT rail texture mod and wide-radius switches.  It might be, for some, that it would be best to make the upgrade optional, or at least develop it further to address the specific problems folks like you are experiencing.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

MAS71

@Andreas san
@Dedgren san
At first, I had a misswriting in my post about a Zoom-Level in a pic. :-[
I have edited my post. Please read again. I'm sorry. ;)

well,
Thank you always for your polite reply quickly !  :D
Oh I see !  I understand very well about your intntenion to that (in this case). ;)
I(we japanese) did not that think, so I do not able to judge that "It's a Bug ?" or "Our misuse a NAM ?"  :P
I know very well that a lot of hard work to create(development) the new-NAM.
so please belive that we have always a bigest thnaks for you NAM's-Creators !! :D
and I looking forward to any update works for that.

Thank you always for your big helps.
-Mas'71

z

Quote from: Warrior on January 19, 2009, 08:55:09 AM
Why would anyone one want to use a park and ride only system, it is very unrealistic to me. Seriously the amount of simulators need to be cut down to 1 or 2 in total.

Personally, I never use Park and Ride, but a sizable number of people appear to like it, which is why it's in the last three traffic simulators.  But as a first step, some of the space taken up on the installation screen could be reduced by introducing a Park and Ride checkbox for all three simulators; this would allow the deletion of ten simulator choices from the list.

FrankU

Subject: - Jumping someone else's train -

NAM 2009 is great! Thanks guys!  &apls

I immediately started to rearrange my railway system with the new FARR. The first result is seen on the picture.

A very funny thing though: the Sims (coming from the lower left side) going to the industrial port are supposed to take the train that runs around the right curve, under the bridge to the railwaystation in the upper right corner of the picture. What they do instead is take the train that runs over the viaduct directly to the upper side of the picture and jump off onto the train that indeed took this curve and happens to pass by at exactly the same moment (???) under the viaduct.
Indeed it is the shortest way. The game works fine, but somehow I feel uncomfortable about this. It makes me feel that, in game simulation terms, all of the curving tracks are useless: just eyecandy. I probably could also have worked with just two crossing tracks. Apparently the Sims are able to jump the right train.

Is there something I can do about this?

Andreas

Frank, unfortunately this issue cannot be fixed. The game's pathfinding engine knows only two directions - east/west and north/south. Any diagonal crossing of the same network appears to be equally east/west or north/south, that's why the trains make a turn there, apparently "jumping" from the lower tracks to the upper ones. You can observe the same problem with the Maxis highways (diagonal elevated/ground highway crossing).

BTW, your rail setup looks great, very realistic. :)
Andreas